ApeCoin - Game Developers Funding

Idea Level:

How to grow the ApeCoin DAO community with existing Otherdeed land game developers?

It would be a great idea if ApeCoin DAO or the ApeCoin Foundation can provide funding for web3 gaming development with Otherside Metaverse Otherdeed’s community. The ApeCoin DAO has already a huge pool of Ape fans. So why not provide funding with open aims like Roblox?

Roblox will give a handful of game developers $500,000 each to build its future

if the game funding idea can get some votes, I can type up a proposal and submit it as AIP.

4 Likes

I’m all for this idea. I’ve talked to some Otherside communities about this. General consensus was “we’ll wait till the Otherside gets closer.” I’m very excited that it’s been announced that we’ll have a persistent world in 2023. The developers that I know have currently been building things like trading tools, Otherdeed trackers, etc etc. I do not know of many yet building 3D models & experiences, but am hopeful we can spur that development!

4 Likes

Yeah, I like the idea. Let me know if at some point in time we can work together and type up the AIP proposal for this idea, and maybe we can also write a PR (Press Release) as well for the ApeCoin DAO.

1 Like

We definitely can work together, dear ancestor(lol)! Do you have an interest in attending some of the Otherside spaces w/ me to see what could help them? Both @otherspaceFM and @OMGuild have spaces on Thursday on the topic. If we could narrow in on their needs, a perfect proposal could be put forward with support across the board. I’m also a member of OthersideGangs so we could knock on their door as well hahah!

3 Likes

This is interesting. I’d like to attend these Spaces and get involved with proposals concerning them.

My value add: Access to an audience that could expand Otherside/ApeDAO utility well beyond its current reach, provided there were gaming experiences that interested them; access to low cost game dev team; access to web2 sponsors that could bring more non-dilutive capital to the table.

3 Likes

Ok. Cool. Is that you ?

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. We can create a working group and type a proposal AIP for this funding idea. I personally believe there are at least hundreds of game ideas from the Otherside Metaverse Otherdeed’s owners and if the ApeCoin DAO can filter out the best game ideas, and fund maybe 10 - 50 developers, that will definitely create some PR and maybe eventually can turn it into a game funding developer conference annually in order to keep it alive - Forever Alive! :slight_smile: What do you think?

1 Like

Yes @Apeancestor theOtherspaceFM is correct. This is the @TheOMGuild:

Both of these groups hold spaces thursdays in the early afternoon (pacific time). They have been very interested to get more involved in ApeCoin DAO, so finding ways to invite them & include them here is important. @Mantis depending on what part of the world you’re staying in, yes please get into these spaces with us. Lets rally some Otherside troops & find ways we can help.

As far as funding developers, just know that we’ve received valuable advice to “wait for the Otherside development kit,” by people that are well-connected. We’ll need to be concious of timing and what the Otherside devs feel is appropriate!!

2 Likes

This is great ! Thank you for inviting me to join the group. Let’s create a team of leaders inside the ApeCoin DAO working group to rally the troops “Let’s rally some Otherside troops & find ways we can help.” I love this philosophy!

1 Like

Care to share more about your initial ideas of what we can do?

1 Like

Hi Todd, It is my pleasure to know you. It would be a great honor to be part of the community. Sure, let me type up a sort of draft proposal AIP over the weekend. Normally over the weekends, I have more time to work on something that I need to spend more time. Let me do some brainstorming… and see what I can up with.
Again, thank you for your input and support. Ken

1 Like

Hey ken! You are so welcome here. Just know, any proposal should be subject to the desires & needs of the Otherside developer community. Be ready to be flexible, present your ideas, then be open to honest feedback & adjustments.

To my knowledge, the majority of Otherside devs are not ready to move into making proposals yet. What we can do is to start conversations, and have convos w/ them about their needs. We might even be able to persuade them to move a little faster. It’s hard to say, but we certainly can talk about it!!

if you’d like to talk more abt this, i do a majority of my work through Zoom now. It’s easier to just have convos through voice than to type small novels. There’s a lot we can do to prep for Otherside. Involving other smart minds like @Mantis is something that we should prioritize. As a team, we can accomplish so much.

If you’d like to share your proposal early through google doc, my email is todd@apecomms.com. I love reading & working on this stuff. Please feel free to share your ideas here openly or in my inbox. :handshake:

2 Likes

Hi Todd, Thank you for giving me your support. Give me few days to think how should I structure the proposal for the Game Developer Funding - The ultimate objective is to rally the troops on the Otherside of the Metaverse. Things are moving slow these days because of the bear market globally, and strong players will survive and weak hands will be phased out of the market. This applies in the Bitcoin mining ecosystem as well as the gaming ecosystem.

Anyhow, may I ask you a question. Do you and Mantis both work for the ApeCoin DAO and Foundation already?

When I looked at all 44 Special Council Nominees’ profile list, I don’t see your name or Mantis as applicants for the Special Council seats, but you both are the most active members asking questions or providing support and inputs for all the candidates. Of course, you both are the most knowledgeable about the ApeCoin DAO as well as the ApeCoin Foundation. So I am assuming you both are working full-time for the ApeCoin Foundation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL seems like full time, but I’m definitely NOT getting paid.

2 Likes

Hey Mantis, thank you for your quick response. You and Todd are the most supportive and knowledgeable about the ApeCoin DAO. It is ok, if you work as a volunteer and helping other forks and enjoy what you are doing! :slight_smile:

Please give a couple votes so I can work as a Special Council for the ApeCoin DAO.

Thank you,
Ken

1 Like

I’m a newsletter recipient, receiving a small but still fair amount each month to follow up & do outreach to each project. I recently had it explained to me that “when a member purchases a Yach Club membership, they then volunteer their time at the clubhouse.” They then went on to explain how staff for the yacht club is compensated fairly to ensure the club operations stay upto par & retain its quality.

While I cannot commit to our workgroup being paid, I can say that we will be welcomed by the otherside developers, and that we can make a long term impact on the future of the DAO.

1 Like

Hi Todd,

a member purchases a Yacht Club membership, they then volunteer their time at the clubhouse.

I like this idea! The Clubhouse would be the center point to rally the troops.

It is a good idea to develop some full schedule to keep the troops active, and keep the Ape Metaverse alive!

Facebook Meta project is dying because there are no troops behind the Facebook Meta project, but I strongly believe that APE fans can do much better than Facebook Meta!

Anyhow, I need to get involved more, and that’s what motivates me to apply for the Special Council.
Again,I would like to say " Thank you for inviting me to join your activities."

Best Regards
Ken

Again, you are so welcome here. What we need more than anything is helpful ideas for proposers to integrate $APE. For example, there is an idea for a propshouse by a group, and they need attention & helpful discussion made around their idea. Even if your special council run may turn out to be out of reach, there is so much that you can do for this forum community. Im personally looking to support candidates displaying this drive. I’m more so looking for long term members looking to build a reputation as helpful & active contributors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.