Can't vote/post here when ApeCoin is staked

I’ve just sent myself 1 ApeCoin back from staking because you can’t post on here if you have your tokens staked.
This will also affect voting.
Any thoughts?

5 Likes

Thank for bringing this up.

I wasn’t aware about losing the ability to engage here in Discourse if you staked your $APE, that’s interesting.

It doesn’t affect Snapshot as far as I know, so voting shouldn’t be affected. Let us know what you discover.

Cheers,
SSP✌🏽

3 Likes

You look like a strapping lad. Get 2 ApeCoin.

2 Likes

costs less than twitter blue subscription. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sword clarified that snapshot will still allow you to vote with the apecoin you staked, so shouldn’t impact that.

The forum requires 1 Apecoin to post as a way to verify you’re a part of the DAO / community by default.

3 Likes

For posting the “1 APE requirement” this is no issue.

Anyone knows how snapshot.org’s behaviour in case of staking? Will I lose some voting power?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums.

There should not be any change to your voting powers in Snapshot.

SSP✌🏽

1 Like

Thanks @wrongplace.
Good to know

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Hi all, see further information here: https://twitter.com/apecoin/status/1600861099095887872?s=20&t=hnaru9pumn-5Xn06tbJxbQ

Yep found this out when trying to participate in the discourse tonight. Snapshot works fine but discourse doesn’t recognise the staked $APE. I went through the twitter feed that @btang posted but couldn’t find the details relevant to snapshot…it is a long feed. Can we get a concise answer and if there is a fix?
Thanks St01c

2 Likes

BREAKDOWN:

Need keep 1 APECOIN unstaked to be able to comment on discourse, but staking your apecoin will not effect ability to use them to vote via snapshot.

Yeah I get that but it would be good to get a fix to encourage participation rather than having to buy more after max staking. Hopefully it can be fixed

1 Like

It counts staked $APE no issue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.