Casual community polls

I’m just working on an AIP and I would like to include a mechanism for getting community feedback post-funding. Simply, I’d like the community to rank ideas/suggestions in a friction-free low risk way.

Example poll:

“Where would you like the action to take place?”
the mountains
a space station
mars
under the sea

Example of capturing ideas:
“What name would you give to X?”

[ Free form text box ]

Is there a tool that’s been used before that worked well? I don’t want to reinvent the wheel if there’s something people are used to using (perhaps there’s something built into Discourse?). Including the specifics in the AIP will hopefully make it clearer how the community can be involved.

6 Likes

There’s a dropdown menu in top right when you create a post, click that, then click the settings cog and then scroll down to select build poll.

2 Likes

I believe that @LiveFast9986 has been doing quite a lot of work in this space. Started in the form of an AIP about tempchecks but it’s also now also a category tag

Maybe he can share more, especially on how to get the community involved!

7 Likes

This is perfect, thanks. I’ve had a look and I think that will work perfectly for what I’ve got in mind. Definitely wouldn’t have found it without your input. TY

1 Like

We do have a temperature check feature that is directed towards aspects like you mentioned. It is currently being tested through the GWG, and has its own snapshot page.

With all that said, there are limitations for it and reading through your comment it appears that your specific issue is something looking to be solved post-AIP rather than pre-AIP. I have several options or suggestions for you.

You can:
a) state in your AIP that upon approval that a subsequent poll be put up on snapshot in accordance with all proper rules that would address the issue you would like to be solved.
b) Put up a poll on discourse
c) put up a poll on discord(we have this feature now)
d) put up a poll on the GWG Snapshot page
or you can do something entirely.

Each of these options have limits and their own issues. While I will happily put up your poll on the GWG Temperature Check Snapshot page, I don’t not believe it will give you the desired results you would want. My personal suggestion is for you to include a clause to perform the poll to ask the question you need as part of your AIP. This will get you the optimal desired result you want based on what I understand.

2 Likes

Running polls and surveys is so important.

Livefast actually gave the GWG a good reminder when we were deliberating recent CGIP sibmissions earlier this week with a similar siggestion, and the GWG has since begun drafting two polls related to our upcoming on-chain small grant and delegate accelerator programs.

We also have quite a bit coming for Discourse as well, including gathering feedback on any processes which live here.

:apecoin: :apecoin:

AC

1 Like

TY this is a great response and I really appreciate it. The reason for my polls are all post-AIP approval and would be pretty low importance in terms of risk (like I mentioned in my original post) but I would like the community (those interested) to have a voice.

Would you mind sharing the discord server link (or tell me how I can find it) as I’m not sure I’m in that server?

2 Likes

Discord server:

:apecoin: :apecoin:

AC

1 Like

TY my nitro has expired so I’m going through leaving old servers to get back below the 100 (!) threshold…I may be some time :rofl:

Can’t possibly be 100 more important servers than ApeCoin! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.