Community Call: Clubs & Chapters

Love the direction of this proposal and have a few questions if I may @0xSword.

I recognized the need for an Africa ApeCoin Club and started a group in discord to gather our troops, its still a new chapter if I can call it that.

1. Would this be limited to holders of BAYC and MAYC NFT’S or would holding an APE token suffice. Reason I ask is its very unlikely we would have any or very few Ape NFT holders in Africa and would need to accommodate people from poorer countries within our continent.

2. Would it be acceptable to use our current group in discord instead of creating a separate discord server, at least in the beginning. I feel it will be more beneficial utilizing what has been setup already and allow us to grow our userbase with pace and vigour. Theres lots of resources and integrations already in place that would aid our efforts and would also keep costs down for the chapter.

I know for a fact there is already a small Africa group I could approach within EthGlobal so have a good starting point. I’m sure if I reach out to Kartik and Emily (South African) from EthGlobal then we could possibly collaborate with them to aid our efforts and possibly raise additional funding via a well known and established organization with a great reputation to boot.

I strongly believe we can create something special to grow and support our web3 community and showcase the power of ApeCoin in Mother Africa. We have some excellent AIP’s already that would be fantastic to support like the school in Ghana ApeCoinDAO funded primary school in Ghana

In addition there are a few hackathons and events we could get involved in as sponsors for example like EthKenya, EthAccra and also ETHCapeTown to name a few. Please note these are not official EthGlobal events currently.

I would like to work on a proposal with the help of @BojangleGuy @apboatt and @Cardo who have joined the Africa ApeCoin Club and see how we can make this a huge success. Africa has its own unique needs as often we find corruption and greed within our governments, etc. and blockchain technologies offer some excellent solutions to our unique challenges.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Craig Moss

8 Likes