Fun and interaction between ApecoinDAO members

Hello Ape members.
I’ve been talking to some friends here at our DAO, I still have an idea in my head and I’d like to hear a little bit of your opinion.
I’m a big fan of the game of Poker, many people also love to play poker, would it be a bad idea to try to make some tournaments between us members so that we can have fun and also interact?
we could make a ranking of winners, some prizes for those who are good players over time, and also when we had time we would get together to have fun and with that we could increase our bonds of friendship with each other.
I believe that it has a lot of value to get closer to each other through communities, games, subjects, tasks, etc…
Anyway, I wanted to know a little bit about your opinion and if you also like to play poker or maybe even want to learn how to play, we can also get some more qualified members and be able to teach those who want to learn too.

thank you all and I leave here my big hug to all of you :heart:

14 Likes

Hi @Rubinato, thanks for the post!

We are always in support of community-building activities and events that help foster engagement while bringing people closer together, so we appreciate the spirit of your post. It should be noted, however, that ApeCoin DAO doesn’t promote the practice of gambling, so as long as it’s in the spirit of education and fun it’s all good.

Thanks again for taking the time to create this post and engage with the community.

Best,
-Chris

5 Likes

That sounds like a great idea. It would be a fun way to interact and have a good time. Count me in.

1 Like

Yes, perfect ! :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have read some articles that online poker is not illegal in the US, it is not considered gambling, could you tell me more about that?
here in brazil the game of poker is legal.
Poker online interestadual é finalmente legalizado nos EUA | CardPlayer.com.br - Revista online de poker.

2 Likes

In the US, the legality of gambling is left up to the States to decide. For example, in the state of Nevada it is legalized entirely (hence Las Vegas, for example). In states like California, it’s only legal in specific areas (like Native American reservations exempt from overarching state law).

However, as the ApeCoin DAO operates under the laws of the Cayman Islands, we must respect the laws of that jurisdiction which has held gambling to be illegal and thus not an activity we support.

Again, there’s nothing wrong with teaching people to play a card game, so long as you’re not encouraging people to gamble.

4 Likes

Yes, perfect, thank you very much for the clarification! :heart:

3 Likes

Sounds like a fun initiative.

Following up on Chris’ post about gambling, if you want to increase the stakes and get more engagement, this is something you can pass on to ThankApe. ThankApe can organize a game, could be anything from Poker to Fortnite to checkers to trivia to stumble guy to strategy games - lol - and award prices at the end of the tournament.

2 Likes

Exactly, it would be great, we would stay together through these initiatives :grinning:

2 Likes

Incredibly awesome idea, this is a fun idea reminds me of the word “all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.” Most activities like this helps improve activities and foster interesting in a community.

1 Like

that would be really fun and exciting, i also love playing poker even more with friends

1 Like

Let’s jump on VC some day and we all play Among Us or something xD

1 Like

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

1 Like

I will work together with the community to see if we can put this into practice :grinning:

2 Likes

It would be really fun too :rofl:

3 Likes

Since poker is not playable due to being a gambling game, it could have games like gartic, smash karts, LOL beans, I’m sure it would be very fun

7 Likes

I loved the idea of poker, a shame to be a game of chance. The games mentioned by val are very cool and exciting. It’s a cool way for members to get to know each other

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.