How Can We Setup A Treasury Management Team?

Sure happy to join in a discussion

2 Likes

A high weighted variable to Treasury Management is not having a negative impact on the price of ApeCoin while the DAO tries to diversify holdings. If you liquidate 1/3 of $APE, you are releasing a large supply onto the public markets and possibly putting downward pressure on price. This may have negative consequences to other DAO holders.

Also, I might add there is further complexity in the initial sale process of genesis tokens as the Ape Foundation is a Cayman registered company and subject to Cayman Law. Happy to discuss this topic with anyone that would like more information.

A quick explanation of the Ape Foundation can be found here: ApeCoin DAO Dissected: The Foundation

5 Likes

Throughout conversations on this thread & additional places, it appears that this would be difficult to do w/o have a certified company to be fund managers. The complexities make it difficult for an organic small group to take on the task. There are benefits, I believe, but itā€™s beyond my capability.

1 Like

It would seem logical to me that before you can make any decision on any aspect of the treasury you need to understand all the variables at play. First and foremost if it is illegal to sell any portion of the treasury all other points are moot.

Second, need to understand circulation, supply, potential impacts around events and what legal disclosures would need to be made for what actions.

Anyways, also happy to discuss this as well. I would assume there is some amount of treasury capital that is sitting in USDC and some that is in $ape?

I guess anyone who would make a decision here needs to understand how things are set up

3 Likes

I agree with you, execution is always hard and takes time. My DMs are always open if anyone needs any more information, I serve at the pleasure of the DAO (Iā€™ve kind of always wanted to say that)

7 Likes

One must understand the legal framework and regulations of the Ape Coin DAO before being a ā€œgood traderā€ matters at all. Brandon brings up a lot of good points about risk of $ape price volatility when actively trading the treasury ā€¦ I am firm believer that leaving the treasury in $ape incentivizes the dao to build ā€¦ I donā€™t believe the treasury should be a tool that 6-10 people should be allowed to play de-Fi with ā€¦ If we believe in $ape coin there should be no reason in the near future to move the treasury out of that position. $ape is extremely low right now & the treasury still has an IMMENSE amount of capital. I donā€™t believe hedging is something we need to worry about currently.

6 Likes

Defi traders gonna hate me for this lol

1 Like

I would be very interested to learn about the legal impacts of attempting to re-invest the DAO funds. Does this affect the foundationā€™s legal status in Cayman Islands?

1 Like

@Waabam I have sent you a DM so we can setup a call

1 Like

Would happily join this to learn more too if possible

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.