@jerediscool - Nomination 1/2022

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @jerediscool

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jerediscool

Educational Background: Bachelors in business, lMarketing and advertising

Professional Background: Bartender, NFT degen

Nomination Statement

I want to make a difference in the ape community and represent all the people who are just regular everyday apes, not the tech-bro/whale/influencers.

Motivation

To ensure that all $ape holders are taken care of and that the future of ApeCoin benefits ALL holders, not just the whales.

Rationale

No traditional skills, but I have a degree in marketing and advertising and think I can bring a fresh set of eyes end experiences to the Special Council of probably similar backgrounded people. The smartest, most experienced person isn’t always the best candidate. I’m the Ted Lasso of candidates

Specifications

Nah, I don’t have any previous experience. But I do think that making the DAO and the different AIPs more easy to understand for the regular person is important. I know one of the main reasons most people don’t vote on things is because they either don’t understand or don’t think it matters to them, when in reality the direction of the DAO and the ApeCoin effects every holder.

Concluding Statement

I’m the best choice for Special Council because I’m different. I don’t have a huge vault of apes or a huge stack of $ape sitting around. I don’t have tens of thousands of followers who blindly follow me into everything I do. I don’t want to manipulate the system into just benefitting the upper tier of holders, I want to do what’s best for the holder with everything they can afford in their respective pools and make sure no holders are left behind. We can’t all make it if the ones in charge don’t represent everyone.

6 Likes

Hi @jerediscool, I am asking all candidates these same questions:

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Let’s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucks… etc)

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in it’s current state?

4. What is a Koda?

Thank you,
F/S

1 Like

Hey @foxSlightly! Thanks for asking some great questions.

For me I think question 1 and 3 are kind of intertwined so I might sort of combined the answers here to make my point. So starting out at 3, my least favorite thing about the DAO in its current state is that for a normal person it’s incredibly boring to read through all the AIPs and try to parse out what is good and what’s bad. Most of the AIPs that I’ve seen have been insanely skewed to the person who’s pitching the idea and not necessarily good for the community, and so as a regular ape citizen, I don’t feel spending all my time checking each AIP to find the relevant ones worth my time and votes.

Now back to question 1, my personal passion project. I want the DAO to be more engaging and interesting for daily participants. In Miami this last week I talked with a few people in line for the BAYC party about if they had voted in the DAO and an overwhelming number said “no, I don’t have time for that.”
My solution, I think the Special Council should be the ones reading the AIPs first and voting on what they think is actually helpful to the community and not just someone trying to leech apecoin out of the DAO. When the SC finds something worthy of the community’s time, the writer of the AIP should then have to put together a kickstarter style video or at the very least a visual pitch deck, because us apes are visual creatures by nature. If a team is serious enough about their pitch, the least they can do is spend a little extra time showing the community why they’re asking for a million dollar grant and we can see, in a more entertaining way, why we should give it to them. I think visuals help people learn and a person is much more willing to watch a 2 minute video or slideshow about a proposal rather than read an essay about it.

To the second question, no there’s no factors in my life that would get in my way. I’m a bartender, I’d quit that in a second and be Special Council full time.

And finally, most importantly, what is a koda? As of right now a koda is hope for the future of The Otherside. But long term I think koda is going to be a tool/utility, maybe it’s an AI that you can program to do stuff for you, maybe it’s a way to fast travel around or reach higher points in the game. Maybe it’s a guardian for whatever plot of land you put it on. Or maybe it’s just a buddy running around with you farting everywhere, either way I love my lil koda and wouldn’t trade him for anything less than 420eth.

Thanks for taking the time to read this… I probably shoulda made it a video or pitch deck tho huh?

4 Likes

I also don’t expect to win. I know there’s plenty of more qualified candidates than me that I would be stoked to have in charge of the DAO. But I do really think that for the DAO to be more successful it needs to be more engaging and less clutter filled.

There’s tons of cool tech things and brand partnerships that would be rad to have, but realistically I think we all know how successful most DAOs have been in the past and I think making one that works and is engaging for the common member is a solid foundation to build from. I hope that other candidates would also have a similar goal and implement what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.