Make the Apecoin account an "Official Org" on Twitter

Totally see where you are coming from - and again, I can see both sides of including and not including official positions - I just think including official positions may help mitigate spoofing but if there is too much push back, I’m willing to not have it included. My main concern is the apeCoin account, everything else to me is peripheral.

5 Likes

Keeping our community safe from social engineering attacks is key and $1000/month seems a small price to pay for that peace of mind!

It also seems to make sense to share the badge with officially elected DAO members, especially if the badge is flexible and can be updated in a timely manner to reflect what positions are active.

Thanks for the proposal @foxSlightly!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

Very much in support of this. Would certainly help newcomers which is always worth it imo.

4 Likes

Ye that would be dope for sure!

3 Likes

Hi @foxSlightly,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Vulkan

1 Like

Wow, @Halina.eth, I hadn’t even considered that perspective. These attacks, such as social engineering and phishing, can incur significant costs in terms of financial losses and damage to the reputation of ApeCoin DAO. I believe the expenses involved are justified in order to prevent social engineering and other cyber attacks and scams. Currently, the benefits of establishing ApeCoinTwitter as an “official organization” outweigh the costs.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @foxSlightly,

The Ape Foundation has confirmed they are already working on having the ApeCoin Twitter account verified. As a result, we are recategorizing this topic to the General category. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Vulkan

5 Likes

Hi @foxSlightly,

This alone might make it worth it. A lot of fellow members are scammed daily/weekly/monthly by accounts impersonating.

Price might be a bit “high” to some but I think if it can help one person a month it is worth it!

1 Like

imo, safety of the user triumphs all!

1 Like

I didn’t even notice that the Apecoin twitter was not verified :flushed:

I think that is a good move for the DAO help protect the community from potential scam accounts! Thanks for bringing up this topic :pray:

3 Likes

Just a heads up for @foxSlightly and the rest of the community, it’s not the exact request in this thread but the ApeCoin Twitter account now has the gold verification badge.

IMG_1826

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.