Messari Q4 State of Apecoin Report

This was featured in Messari’s email newsletter today. A few interesting charts and data points around adoption. I thought the community would find this useful. The key insights are the following:

• The ApeCoin DAO ecosystem experienced spikes in new users and token velocity before the launch of ApeCoin staking in mid-Q4.

• These spikes quickly subsided, indicating that more product development is needed to create long-term demand for the APE token.

• Governance forums remained diverse in input and outcome during Q4’22, giving a promising sign of real decentralization within the community.

• Additionally, unique voters maintained an uptrend throughout Q4 despite declining token prices.

• The DAO Ecosystem Fund continued to fund third-party initiatives around IRL drops, security, and more. To catalyze more sustainable growth, the community will need to hit on bigger developments like Yuga Labs’ Otherside.

I know we are paying for this out of the DAO, so I would love to be able to access this report via the resources on a regular basis.

https://messari.io/report/state-of-apecoin-q4-2022

13 Likes

Thanks for surfacing this. Consider adding to WG0 Discord too.

Do you happen to know if the author is active in the ApeCoin DAO?

4 Likes

will go add this now. don’t know if the author is active in the discord. Do any of the council members know who manages the Messari relationship?

5 Likes

Believe this is managed by the current DAO administrator, will confirm in the coming week.

3 Likes

thanks. not a big rush, but I found the last quarterly report helpful to see some analysis about the token, and I think it will be helpful to guide some of the DAO initiatives. Having this regularly shared I think is a good thing, especially as the DAO is paying for it to be conducted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.