Million APE Art

Proposal Name: Million APE Art

Proposal Category: Ecosystem Fund Allocation

Abstract

The aim of this proposal is to create the best collection of contemporary art in the form of NFT.
The project will leverage the existing NFT community, but potentially also web2 or IRL entities.
The project will be based on gamification, active participation, and fair distribution. The purpose of the project is not for profit, although if successful the project may become a source of revenue for the community.

Team Description

If you like an idea you’re welcomed to work on this

Motivation

To create meaningful usecase for Apecoin treasury

Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem

This project can bring a lot of positive attention to Apecoin DAO, can help connect mainstream and web3 world, showcase NFT possibilities in a new way

**Key Terms **

1M NFT tokens, ART, Utility token, Freemint, Competition, Gamification, NFT communities

Specifications

*The project will consist of the following parts:

• 1 000 000 NFT tokens - Paper
  • Utility token - Color

Paper - NFT token
will be just plain blank paper, possibly with the ApecoinDao logo. The total number of Paper tokens will be 1M pieces. NFT will be distributed for free. This part will need to be thought through, but the preliminary proposal is that the larger part will be distributed to holders of existing NFT collections. Interested parties will be required to be proactive so that the token doesn’t end up in dead wallets, etc. Existing NFT projects will be hand-picked by committee created for that purpose.
A portion will be used for promotion or distributed in physical form in museums, for example.

Color - Utility token
will be again distributed for free to holders of Paper NFT token at rate 1 token per day.

Purpose of Paper NFT token and Color token:
Every week (needs to be decided), there will be contest on dedicated website, where artist can submit their Art to be minted on blank Papers. Holders of Paper token will vote which of them will be minted in the each round.

The Paper token holder will be able to choose whether to burn their empty Paper token for the token with the winning artwork in that round. Each round will have a limited total supply, and this amount will decrease with each round. For example,
first round …200 000,
round 2 …100 000,
…,
…,
round 25 … 6,
final round … 2

Lower total supply, higher amount of Color tokens will be needed. Holders will submit their offer in advance in each round, highest bidders will be able to mint.

Holders can use different strategies, they can try to get more rare pieces or collect whole collection, trade tokens and so on.
Holders who will be able to get at least half of collection will receive free blank Paper for next season, same, holders who will mint last 10 most rare pieces.

Artists whose artworks will be selected will receive part of trading fees from collection.
After each season Apecoin DAO will publish limited edition of phygital Art books, with connected NFT. Only available to buy for $APE. Revenue will be shared between ApeDAO, holders and artists.

Project can connect multiple communities with one goal, reward collectors, bring attention of media and artists. Offer real art in form of NFTs which can be interesting for museums and institutions, indtead of trying to present as art PFP images which were created for different reason.

It is rough concept, mechanics have to be carefully rethinked, many possible variations, it can be simple or complicated. Probably will need to be realized on L2 layer.
Timeline
1 year/yearly

Overall Cost

wild guess 1M APE

1 Like

Could you help me understand why you’d need over a million dollars to execute this idea?

4 Likes

I’m so glad you asked. If you catched the basic idea from my chaotic writing you understand that goal of this collection/proposal is to create collection of real NFT Artworks. Artworks which we can really offer to museums and get attention and help space. There is so many great artists in NFT space.
So this is meant in some way as a counter proposal to Machibigbrother’s AIP-304. Even with horrendous sum I used as costs for this projects we still can make 11 consecutive years of this contest, in fun way, using NFT to fund it, help artists, gather great art and help space.
I believe real costs would be about 200K max ((including marketing campaign) so even if we make it in Oscar’s style as biggest award for NFT art sponsored by ApecoinDao and we use 800K to award artists on top of fees we still can fund this contest for 11! years with money used in AIP-304

2 Likes

Hey @Kalamona,

I appreciate your response. And I agree with @mattborchert, wondering about the budget.

The budget breakdown indeed seems somewhat unclear. It might be beneficial if the proposal could provide a more detailed explanation of how the estimated 1M APE budget would be allocated and justified for the various aspects of the project. This could help DAO members better understand the financial plan and how their contributions would be utilized.

Tables & Numbers are the best answers.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

1 Like

Hey, @MisterHype, thank you for your question.

First of all, this is AIP idea, not proposal. I’m not asking for money I put here idea, how to gather ART from best artists in the space for small portion of money which is AIP-304 asking for.

What I’m really looking for is feedback on this idea. This idea is vague (intentionally) and can be realized IMO with small budget and also with big budget.

But, I agree with your points and will try to put together some tables & numbers tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi @Kalamona,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

I would like to extend for another 7 days. Thank you

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Kalamona has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 8 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi @Kalamona,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Kalamona,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Kalamona please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-@Facilitators

1 Like