Official Transparency Dashboard for ApeCoin DAO

Oddly I don’t see any edit button for me to modify this particular posting, I wonder if permissions settings are such that edits are disabled on Idea phase and only opened on Draft phase?

You should be able to edit it at anytime during this period. Are you logged in? Which browser?

@Chris.Admin Help please?

1 Like

Thanks @SmartAPE and @Chris.Admin for your help, works now and I have made the edit :pray: :heart:

3 Likes

DOPE!! Look forward to seeing it implemented and I can’t wait to see how it turns out and how it will positively impact the DAO’s operations and engagement.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support!! :star_struck:

I’m really excited to see this help the ApeCoin community as well :heart: :monkey:

Feel free to ping me anytime if you have ideas of things you’d like to have added on or tweaked, I’m keeping track of community requests for future development sprints

2 Likes

Thank you for releasing this for free! On your website it says there is a free plan and some paid plans. I know what you’ve mentioned here is free, but could you share a little bit more about what you’re planning on adding to the paid plans? I assume the DAO would be able to upgrade if needed?

Could you also share a little bit about the grants? Unfortunately the ThankApe prop house just ended, but you could have applied and I’m sure would have gotten it. Maybe next time!

1 Like

You’re welcome!! :heart: :star_struck: It’s been super fun building this so far :mechanical_arm:

Re Paid Options in the Future

tbh I don’t know for sure yet what future functions etc could/would be paid options, this is a topic of brainstorming for the future and I’m gathering lots of input from people on this topic :heart: :pray:

It’s on the website to recognize that I’ll have to figure that out at some point in the future to ensure long-term sustainability of continued development, but so far that’s not been a needed priority while we got the current Transparency Dashboard up and running like you see it now

Whatever might get launched in the future as optional paid functionality doesn’t change the fact that everything up there now live would remain free. Paid/Optional stuff in the future would be all a separate and optional topic from what this AIP here above is proposing. And yes the DAO would be able to upgrade in the future if the community wants to.

Re ThankApe

Man, I wasn’t aware of how the ThankApe prop house worked until just now, missed that! Do you know when the next one will pop up? :pray:

Re Grants

The primary grant is from CityDAO, they approved us to build a Harberger Tax Marketplace so that CityDAO could be one of the first real world experiments with Harberger Taxes. Obv this has nothing really to do with ApeCoin DAO. However, it indirectly led us to building this Transparency Dashboard that happens to be applicable for many DAOs in this ecosystem, which led us to offering it to Ape as well.

Here’s the chain of events that led to this; Earlier this year as @thebossdragon and I were building this with CityDAO, we realized each new HT group ends up functioning like a DAO ie: there ends up being money that goes into a collective treasury that needs to be directed by it’s community etc. Thus HT groups will likely experience a lot of the same challenges and pain points that other DAOs go through, so we’ll have to address that problem in the build. We addressed it by building the Transparency Dashboard you see in this AIP and we launched the MVP of it here when we won at ETH Denver in the DAO & Community Track. And since we built the Transparency Dashboard to apply to any HT community that might arise from the Grant build, basically as a white label, that means the Transparency Dashboard can be offered to many other existing DAOs out there such as ApeCoin DAO. So this left us with the question; do we keep our build exclusive just for us and the Grant related project, or do we let other DAOs we care about receive its benefits as well? Obv we chose the latter and have made it available for Ape :heart: :slight_smile:. We’re currently working on the 3rd milestone in the grant unlock timeline.

Here is a CityDAO Harberger Tax reading resource

Here is Our Grant Snapshot vote that passed

The Second Grant is from the DFINITY Foundation, we are the approved grant number #40715792 however it’s not announced on their website yet. It’s $25k to leverage ICP in future optional functionality we might build.

We haven’t started using or focusing on this grant yet because it’s not been needed for the Transparency Dashboard. I recorded a podcast ep with them a couple months ago here if that’s of interest to you.

The Third Grant is from the SSN network, to offer future optional functionality for a DAO to stake ETH with passive treasury amounts so DAOs can at least have a base minimum revenue generation option. Again however, this has not been a focus yet and it wasn’t required for the launching of the Transparency Dashboard above relating to this AIP, so we haven’t started working on this yet grant either. Something we’ll be diving into in the future based on comparative demand to other functions and features that communities may ask for instead.

Here is SSV Grant that passed

Lemme know if u have any other questions, happy to answer them as best as I can!! :star_struck: :heart:

4 Likes

Hi @MemeBrains ,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

That’s great, thank you for the heads up! :partying_face: :star_struck: :pray: :heart: :monkey:

Yes it was really good feedback so far from everyone :heart: :star_struck:

@MemeBrains Welcome to the big leagues, friend. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is great @MemeBrains! Thanks so much for working on this!

I did have a question. How is the total treasury balance being calculated? The number seems low to me.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Wohoo!!! :mechanical_arm: :sunglasses: :pray:

May this be the beginning to much more involvement in the future :heart:

1 Like

The Treasury balance we’re displaying currently on the Transparency Dashboard is based on the 100 treasury addresses publicly displayed here on the ApeCoin website

After digging in deeper ourselves a few weeks ago and then confirming with @Waabam and @cerebrous , it became clear that the 100 treasury addresses displayed on the website is not the complete list of treasury addresses, thus no one using that data will come to a correct result, such as you noticed on the Transparency Dashboard in its current state

The reason the ApeCoin website does not have the complete list of treasury addresses is because every time a transaction occurs through the CoinBase cold wallet system being used to manage the Ape treasury, more NEW treasury addresses are created with funds moved over to them

This means there’s a non-stop increasing quantity of treasury addresses to monitor for ApeCoin, and the current web page displaying the 100 shown above is a fixed page that would need to be manually updated every time this occurs, which is pretty often, thus becomes a bit labor intensive to keep manually up to date

We had a follow up meeting scheduled with Cerebrous however it got bumped back and I’m just waiting to have that follow up meet to discuss it further and ideally wrap it up as a social good to the DAO for everyone

We can implement an auto-update system to resolve this moving forward, this way there will always be a fully up-to-date list of treasury addresses and balances displayed to the community at any given time without needing manual updates on-going

Here’s the section quoted from the AIP above where pledge that promise to the DAO with the passing of this AIP

My partner in this AIP @thebossdragon can explain the technical aspects and development flow for this in more detail as well, and we can both hop on a call to sort this part out with you anytime too! :heart: :pray:

LFG!

4 Likes

Thanks! That makes sense. Had missed where you said you were going to have the up-to-date list.

Really appreciate all your hard work and best of luck! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! I’m excited to be building this and to be a part of the community :pray: :heart:

1 Like

interesting, good idea !! :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
Good Idea GIF - Good Idea Think - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Lemme know anytime if there’s something you think would be good to add to it! :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Hi @MemeBrains ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @MemeBrains please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@MemeBrains has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

2 Likes