Proposal Name: Official Transparency Dashboard for ApeCoin DAO
Proposal Category: Informational
We believe an easy to navigate and comprehensive Transparency Dashboard that is integrated directly with the apecoin.com website would decrease friction, increase participation, smoothen new member onboarding, and increase retention within the ApeCoin community. This proposal aims to integrate the ApeCoin DAO Transparency Dashboard we created directly into the apecoin.com domain as dashboard.apecoin.com AND/OR a dedicated link from the ApeCoin Website
This proposal does not request funding and can be completed within 24 hrs because the dashboard has already been developed in good faith and is currently live on a temporary domain we set up for discussion purposes here: https://apecoindao.nodeblocks.io/ and/or www.apecoindashboard.com.
Included with this proposal is basic maintenance and minor modifications to the dashboard based on community input after it is live, in addition to direct administrative access by appropriate and authorized ApeCoin personnel.
If substantial additional development or enhancements of the dashboard are desired by the community we can provide quotes for the engagement of such work directly to the community, to Special Council, and/or to the Foundation, depending on the nature of the desired work. However, whether or not there is future work desired, the features and design in their current state at the aforementioned url are presented as a free public service to the ApeCoin community.
I’m Eric (Twitter / Linkedin) and together with my Co-Founder Bhargav (Twitter / Linkedin) of NodeBlocks, we are long-standing participants in multiple DAOs. We’re passionate about helping the DAO ecosystem move towards broader adaptation and greater sustainability. We’ve experienced first-hand many of the pain-points DAOs go through on a daily basis, and we designed this Transparency Dashboard to help resolve them. We launched our MVP for this at the ETH Denver Hackathon earlier this year and won in the DAO & Community track. Since then we’ve been working full-time on the project. Note that the Transparency Dashboard we’re presenting here in this AIP is a bit different from the original ETH Denver Hackathon project, the product has evolved since then to what you see now.
MemeBrains a.k.a Eric Gilbert-Williams
I’m a life-long entrepreneur with a background as a repeat founder, operational leadership, and I’m a contributor at multiple DAOs. I host a DAO podcast as well as a philanthropic Mental Health podcast. I built an ERP software in one of my previous startups and leveraged it to bootstrap that company as a solo-founder to a team size of 60ppl with $6M+ ARR, which I exited from in 2018 in order to deep-dive into the Blockchain ecosystem. I see DAOs as the natural evolution of human organization as we know it, and I see the ApeCoin community as a rally point for the entire ecosystem. A brand this big that succeeds raises all other communities along with it. As the saying goes; a rising tide lifts all boats. I’m inspired to be a part of this ecosystem and am here to do my part as we all keep moving forward!
Linktree: memebrains | Twitter | Linktree
0xTheBosDragon a.k.a. Bhargav Patel
Bhargav is a Web3 Builder, Founder, and an Entrepreneur with a passion for startup energy. His last successful venture as a founding CTO, Performance IQ, reached over 20 million users, prior to being acquired by Battery Ventures. He has experience developing complex frontends, backends, smart contracts, etc. and is an excellent developer.
Linktree: thebossdragon | Twitter | Linktree
Joining an advanced community like ApeCoin DAO should be easy, fun, and inspiring. However, those of us who have been within the DAO ecosystem for a while are well aware of numerous friction points that exist between all the various resources, communication apps, and other data sources. These friction points lead to confusing on-boarding processes and makes it difficult for the average DAO member to find the right information, in the shortest amount of time. This often leads to a decrease in participation, a drop-off in membership overall, slower on-boarding and extra burden on the admins and stewards.
We’re motivated to help resolve these friction points so that everyone at ApeCoin can maintain focus on the DAO’s prime initiatives. We believe this AIP moves the needle in the right direction and that the zero-cost to high-benefit ratio of implementing this AIP is heavily in favor of the ApeCoin community.
When ApeCoin succeeds, we succeed too, by having the track record of a successful use case for this Transparency Dashboard, which helps us continue growing our team and servicing more communities as well.
ApeCoin’s homepage currently states: “ApeCoin is for the Web3 economy” and “Ape is a token made to support what’s next…”.
After reading this, I ask; How can ApeCoin help the Web3 economy if its own members are riddled with confusion about its own treasury, membership base, delegate system, and are blocked by user-interface friction points or otherwise forced to continuously navigate numerous information resources.
The Transparency Dashboard we built for ApeCoin DAO, if integrated directly to the www.apecoin.com website, represents an instant win for the community, zero hit on the treasury, and liberates all our collective brain powers to focus more on buidling ApeCoin’s powerful future.
Benefits to the ApeCoin Ecosystem
Implementing the Transparency Dashboard proposed within this AIP provides the following benefits to the ApeCoin community, all integrated directly to the apecoin.com website, categorized and summarized below:
Treasury - Easier Access to Treasury details, such as:
- Official list of treasury addresses and their current holdings
- Runway/Burn calculations
- Transaction labeling
- Debit/Credit report generation
- NOTE: Treasury addresses currently listed on the official ApeCoin website have not been kept up to date. This means treasury data on this Dashboard are not showing correct values. This AIP aims to fix this for everyone once and for all for everyone moving forward.
Community Participation Details:
- See which members are active, which are not, and how those trends change over time and through proposals
- Quantity of proposals, quorum & support rates
- Total wallet holders
- Participation rates by members
- See who are the top delegates, which delegates are trending, which delegates voted in which direction on which proposals
- Change who you delegate your votes to
- Review which proposals different delegates vote on before you make your delegate decisions
Personalized Profile Area
- Optional PFP, wallet, bio, social links
- Token holdings, voting power, personal participation totals/rates, vote streak
- Voting history with quick links to those proposals voted on
Token Holder Summaries
- Wallet holders
- Quantity of holdings and participation quantity by wallet holder (whale movements and influence)
- Generate customized event attendance badges represented as non-transferrable NFTs
- Note: event badging not live yet but coming soon and IS included in the AIP
Proposals - Easier Access to Proposals and Voting, such as:
- Complete snapshot votes directly from the apecoin.com website
- See a complete historical timeline chart of past proposals
- See who voted on which proposals, and what their votes were
- A token gated membership directory of ApeCoin DAO members with features such as optional bio, social links, voting history, participation rates and more
- Note: Membership Directory not live yet but coming soon and also IS included in this AIP
- ApeCoin will assist with communication of the Dashboard to the ApeCoin community
- ApeCoin will provide read only access to treasury addresses so we can keep treasury reporting up to date and accurate
Frontend built with Next.js
Backend built with NodeJs
Data aggregated from multiple evm chains
Steps to Implement
Since the Transparency Dashboard referred to in this AIP has already been developed, we need only for the current website administrator to setup a dedicated url directly into the apecoin.com domain as dashboard.apecoin.com AND/OR a dedicated link from the ApeCoin DAO Website. We will also require assistance from ApeCoin in order to ensure we have the correct list of up-to-date treasury addresses for the DAO.
- 8/23 AIP drafting and initial feedback
- 8/23 Submit AIP draft with incorporated feedback
- 9/23 Voting commences
- 10/23 Discussions with ApeCoin leadership to finalize any remaining items before going live
- 10/23 Addition of ‘Dashboard’ button by current apecoin.com website administrator and setup apecoin.dashboard.com (or equivalent) url with the Transparency Dashboard
- 10/23 Less than 24hrs to implement!
- ON-GOING Continuous improvement - We’ll continue accumulating feedback and input from the community, and if there are major improvements or enhancements that are desired, we will put together a continuing service agreement to continue developing more features on an on-going dedicated basis
Total timeline for implementation is less than 24hrs from the time we receive everything we need noted above.
Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.