Transparency & Accountability Committee

Transparency Committee

Proposal Category: Process & Ecosystem Fund Allocation

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

Transparency is one of ApeCoin’s Guiding Values, but I believe that it is lacking. There are many open questions despite the inaugural Transparency Report. I propose creating a 3 person Transparency Committee.

Author Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of yourself

I’m a member of ApeCoin DAO and propose that the committee be elected in a manner similar to Special Council elections

Team Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of your team involved, if any

TBD

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

We are not a transparent community which is a direct conflict of the Guiding Values. I suggest that we collect questions in this thread for an initial transparency probe, then allow holders to submit further questions on a monthly basis.

Some withheld information about the DAO includes:

• Who are the Launch Contributors, how much of $560m in tokens were they awarded, what are their wallets, and what is their token unlock schedule?

• Did the Foundation loan $3m to FTX or some other market maker?

• What was the rationale for the 3 grants approved by Special Council? Why did Special Council make the executive decision to authorize grants instead of the AIP process?

$50k to Ledger
$120k to Messari
$100k to Spanning Labs

• How do Messari’s reports differ from the ones created by Cartan?

See: https://messari.io/asset/apecoin/research

• I invite others to add their transparency questions and I will incorporate them into the initial ask.

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

Transparency is a Guiding Value

Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.

n/a

Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.

Existing tools (Discourse, Discord, Twitter). Perhaps a simple anonymous submission webpage.

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

I propose that we follow an election process similar to the Special Council election process, but I am open to suggestions.

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

Q1 2023

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.

TBD. I’d think that a Transparency Council is a ~3hr per week role and should be compensated appropriately. I’ll update based on feedback.

FYI - I’m trying to strike the balance between spearheading an AIP and collecting community feedback so that we can build it together. If this AIP Idea looks incomplete - that was intentional. We can discuss here then I’ll incorporate feedback.

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

1 Like

Hi @NFTC,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @NFTC for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @nftc please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

Hello everyone,

As we have not heard back from the author in more than 30 days, as per the DAO Guidelines, this Proposal has been Withdrawn automatically. It may be resubmitted at a future time to begin the Proposal Process again.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Best,
-mallard

1 Like