Partnering with a Series D Fintech to Lend to Web2 Companies in the Philippines

Partnering with a Series D Fintech to Lend to Web2 Companies in the Philippines:


There are four different categories to choose from:

  1. Choose Brand Decision for proposals that the DAO attaches its name to, including projects and collaborations.
  2. Choose Ecosystem Fund Allocation for proposals about how the Ecosystem Fund should be spent.
  3. Choose Informational for proposals that suggest changes to the guidelines or that provide information to the ApeCoin community.
  4. Choose Process for proposals about making changes to any of the ApeCoin DAO decision-making processes. This covers everything from submitting an AIP to the voting process, to the tools and platforms used.


I head the PH lending business for the said Series D Fintech. We would basically leverage on the firm’s resources to deploy the funds borrowed from Apecoin DAO.


Please see the attached slides.


10-12% in returns with credit level risk.

Opportunity to build brand by partnering with an established fintech.


Loan for 10-12% per annum for 2-3 years. Detailed information in the attached slides.




Apecoin DAO to provide feedback; if interested, we’d sign an NDA and share more information
Discussion on the commercial terms
Alignment on how to hedge the currency risk
Alignment on security required from Apecoin DAO


For now, the funds that are being requested are to be used for lending, so expense is limited. The expense will be associated to the cost of doing due diligence.

Apecoin - Lending to Web2 Companies in the Philippines.pdf (184.7 KB)

1 Like

There are a few issues I’m concerned about:

  • The DAO cannot receive money. So the interest cannot really be collected directly.
  • The ask is not really clear. The slides mention 1M minimum, so if that’s what you’re asking it should be mentioned.
  • We have close to no information to make an informed decision. This is a DAO so all members will be voting on it. How do you expect us to make a decision knowing nothing about the company other than it’s “Series D” and it operates in SEA?

hi @leyota, thanks for raising these points.

  • We can setup a vehicle / intermediary to receive the funds have handle the currency risk management
  • I am not authorized to freely discuss this in public right now. My main goal is to gauge interest on whether this is worthwhile to pursue for the community. Once we get an NDA in place, I can disclose more information.
  • Yes, the ask is at least USD1m, but can go beyond that depending on the risk appetite of the group.

Hi @marxmanship,

Your topic would be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours.

Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.


1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @marxmanship,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

  • Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will move forward for Administrative Review.
  • @marxmanship please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea


Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.