Request for Proposal: Cayman Islands Administrator for the APE Foundation

Hi @br00no, thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions:

1. Seems the choices are voting for 3 firms: 1 each for 3 distinct components, or a full-service firm. Correct?

The choices are two:

1. Webslinger
  2. Autonomous, Lemma and Provenance.

You are correct that Webslinger covers the full scope of the RFP and is asking for $75,000 USD / month, split 75% USD and 25% APE.

Just this morning, @Autonomous, @Lemma and @ProvenanceCompliance have posted that they intend to amend their bids, to match Webslinger’s price of $75,000 per month. I have asked them to amend their posts, so that the community can see how the $75,000 will break-down between the three service providers, and the break-down in APE vs USD terms.

1. What are ramifications / timelines if one or all are not approved by vote?

The RFP vote will be structured so that one of the options must be selected. Voters will have the option to choose Webslinger, Autonomous+Lemma+Provenance, or abstain.

1. Who watches the Watchmen, so to speak… or who vetted the vettors; were the firms vetted or vouched for in some way? Not doubting them. It’d be a common step is all.

The vendors who are going to vote have all been interviewed by both Special Council and WG0 Stewards through multiple calls. WG0 Stewards were entrusted to vet these candidates in this way through AIP-196.

1. Is anyone, maybe from WG0 or Council, going to give any guidance on whether/how we should vote?

Yes, this is addressed in the RFP:

“The Snapshot vote description will include the Stewards’ evaluation of the proposal bids according to the criteria posted in Section 6 [of the RFP]. Note that any Community member is welcome to evaluate the proposals bids using the below criteria, or according to any other criteria of their choosing.”

1. Or even if these costs are in-line with whatever passes for “normal” at this early stage of such endeavors?

Price is one of the vectors on which the proposed bids are being evaluated.

The community will be able to compare between the prices of these two bids, as well as the cost of the previous administrator.

The pool of Cayman-based companies which are able to provide the administrative services under this RFP is small. The rates charged by Cartan, Webslinger, and Autonomous/Provenance/Lemma are effectively what can be considered “normal” within the Cayman Islands.

1. Given the work required for the DAO thus far and using that as a guide, do we know what Provenance’s billing schedule might cost out as?

I am encouraging @ProvenanceCompliance to go back and edit their bid to clarify their costs, given that Provenance/Lemma/Autonomous have now committed to reducing their combined bid to $75,000 per month.

Once they have done so, I will post a summary of the cost break-down in this thread so that the two options can be compared in a more manageable format.

In terms of Provenance’s per-use charges for KYC/KYB, it would depend on how many times KYC/KYB is needed for AIPs. As a point of comparison that may help the community estimate this number: there were 43 approved AIPs in 2022.

Thanks for your questions. Please let me know if I can answer any questions or clarify anything further.

Waabam

11 Likes