Requiring Voters Read Full Proposal Before Voting

I think it’s a fascinating idea to require voters to read the full proposal before casting their vote. It would certainly help ensure that voters are more informed and engaged in the decision-making process. However, I can also see some potential drawbacks to this approach.

On the one hand, requiring voters to read the full proposal before voting would encourage greater engagement and discussion around the proposal, which could lead to better decision-making. By ensuring that voters have access to all of the relevant information before casting their vote, we can help ensure that the outcome of the vote is more reflective of the will of the community. Even reduce the ratio of abstain votes (related to this topic).

On the other hand, there is a risk that such a requirement could be perceived as antithetical to a freely accessible, democratic process. Additionally, it could impede routine voting for those who may not have the time or resources to read through every proposal in full.

Overall, I think it’s a worthwhile discussion to have, and there may be ways to implement this approach without creating unnecessary barriers to participation. Perhaps we could consider offering a summary of the proposal, with a clear indication that a full article is available for those who want to learn more, @SeraStargirl and @Halina.eth making great job in that matter. This could help strike a balance between encouraging engagement and ensuring accessibility.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

2 Likes