ThankApe x ApecoinDAO AIP Idea-a-thon: Innovate on DAO Governance

• Title: $250K USD cap for AIP funding request

• Summary of idea: Adding a $250K USD cap as the maximum amount an AIP can request.

• Description: There’s currently no limit on the amount an AIP can request. The amounts requested are growing every week and we are now seeing multi-million $ proposal. A $250K USD should be more than enough to fund any worthwhile project while limiting the financial risk of failure for the DAO on a very large one. The cap would also remove the potential risk of collusion for a very large amount. In the long term, adding a cap would be beneficial for the whole community since it would increase the number of projects that can be funded by the DAO.

• Steps to implement: Adding a new rule to the AIP proposal template.

• Cost: 0$

• Answer: If this wins, will you do it? This is a governance & process improvement idea that should be implement by the Apecoin DAO governance.

• Your ETH Address: 0xfudmaster.eth

2 Likes

Otherside KODA - $APECOIN Airdrop

To ensure that all holders of these Otherside KODA NFTs have access to the resources they need to fully participate in the Otherside Metaverse, it is important to airdrop $APE coin tokens to them.

The Otherside Kodas NFTs represent a very unique and valuable asset within the Otherside Metaverse. These tokens can be used to purchase additional virtual land, as well as other items and services within the Otherside and Marketplace. By airdropping $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas, we are providing them with the necessary resources to fully engage with and contribute to the metaverse. This will ultimately lead to a more vibrant and active community, and will help to drive the growth and success of the platform. Perfect example of how BAYC community exploded and continues to thrive because of these massive incentives for holding their key assets. Kodas are the face and driving force on their biggest project to date, The Otherside! What better way to promote the brand by incentivizing the Koda Holders just like BAYC, MAYC and BAKC.

Additionally, the airdrop of $APE tokens will also help to increase the liquidity of the Otherside Koda NFTs, as holders will have a means to acquire new NFTs within the Yuga ecosystem with these tokens. This will also help to increase the overall value of these NFTs, making them even more desirable and valuable assets within the metaverse. In summary, the airdrop of $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas is an important step towards creating a thriving and inclusive metaverse community. It will provide holders with the resources they need to participate in the economy and community, and will ultimately lead to the growth and success of the platform.

There are several benefits to airdropping $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas. Some of these benefits include:

1. Increased participation and engagement within the metaverse: By providing holders with the resources they need to fully participate in the economy and community of the metaverse, the airdrop will lead to a more active and engaged community.

2. Facilitation of trades and transactions within the metaverse: The $APE tokens can be used to purchase new virtual land, as well as other items and services within the metaverse. This will facilitate trades and transactions, which in turn will help to drive the growth and success of the platform.

3. Increased value of Otherdeed NFTs: The airdrop of $APE tokens will also help to increase the liquidity of the Otherside Kodas, as holders will have a means to acquire new NFTs with these tokens. This will also help to increase the overall value of these NFTs, making them even more desirable and valuable assets within the metaverse.

4. Attracting new users: Airdropping tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas will help to attract new users to the platform, as they will be able to see the value and potential of the metaverse.

5. Building a Stronger community: The airdrop will also encourage holders to hold on to their NFTs for longer, which will strengthen the community and create a more stable ecosystem.

6. Fostering a sense of ownership: The airdrop will help to foster a sense of ownership among holders of Otherside Kodas, as they will see the value and potential of the metaverse.

Cost of Airdrop: $APECOIN airdrop could consist of anywhere from 3500-4500 $APE. This can be determined at a later date as well!

Overall, the airdrop of $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas is an important step towards creating a thriving and inclusive metaverse community. It will provide holders with the resources they need to participate in the economy and community, and will ultimately lead to the growth and success of the platform. I believe this will have the same outcome that BAYC experienced and helped NFTs soar to levels in Web3 that still no other company has even come close too!

YES - 100% would continue to “Diamond Hand” my Otherside Koda #5080 into the Metaverse and Beyond FOREVER!

ETH Address:
0x34aa6c9e5237494dF6F9102467f740376E19825F

Thank you all for all your continued hard work within the ApeCoin DAO and YUGA Labs. Also thank all of you that read my AIP Idea and hopefully it may be implemented into the ecosystem in the future!

3 Likes

Props cooking in here… Love to see it.

LFG :boom::boom:

AC

5 Likes

Thanks Matt, appreciate the feedback!
There are still a lot of things to think about regarding it, but at least we have a north to follow, if this idea go through!

1 Like

Title: Increasing audience for Apecomms

Summary of idea
Multiply by 10x the audience of Apecomms by leveraging discord groups (from 2000+ to 20000 followers)

Description
On one side, Apecoin communities have high expectations on Apecoin DAO, however few know what is in the making behind the scene.
On the other side, high quality materials (vids, spaces,…) delivering the voice, the spirit and orientation of Apecoin DAO are being shared multiple times a week by Apecomms.
Yet, these are not fully reaching the Apecoin communities. This gap can be solved by relaying the tweets of Apecomms directly in the main discord groups.
This is a quick-win to give more visibility and followers to Apecomms, and further engage the community into what’s been built for them to take action.

Steps to implement

1. Target 20+ discord group in relation with Apecoin DAO
  2. Implement in an existing channel or create a new one, and relay all the tweets of Apecomms with a bot
  3. Escalate tweets of spaces in the main channel, if possible
  4. Naming 1 or 2 voluntary ambassadors in each of the discord as a touch point to engage with people
  5. Any other ideas are welcome!

Cost: 4000$ (about 40h)

Answer: If this wins, will you do it? Yes

Your ETH Address: 0x9222cF504c11DCDC8642192917274b7A9884ea67

1 Like

Thanks for this entry!

2 Likes

Hey ADZ! Cool idea!

You think we can just lay it out in a way that captures the following info:

• Title
  • One sentence summary of idea
  • At least 1-2 paragraphs of description
  • Steps to implement (bullet points)
  • Cost (if any) of idea
  • Answer: If this wins, will you do it?

You can also checkout the submission by @redzin.eth with their idea on ambassadors for non-english communities within the DAO and see if yall can work together!

1 Like

Artwork by @Brazy

Title:
ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement

One sentence summary of idea:
A good mission statement should clearly define the purpose and goals of an organization, providing a sense of direction and helping to unify the members of the organization around a common set of objectives.

At least 1-2 paragraphs of description:
With the talent, brainpower, and treasury available to our ecosystem, there is literally no limit to what ApeCoin DAO can accomplish if we can align around a common purpose. This common purpose, defined by our mission statement will:

• Streamline the AIP process by creating clarity for contributors around what the DAO is looking to accomplish
  • Attract creators and developers in the space aligned with our mission
  • Actively reinforce our founder’s vision to position APE as a token that, “will serve as a decentralized protocol layer for community-led initiatives that drive culture forward into the metaverse.”
  • Clarify what exactly it is ApeCoin DAO is here to do

This AIP will complete the months of work the DAO spent workshopping in WG0 and on Twitter Spaces to finalize a mission statement that can serve as a northstar for the DAO.

Steps to implement (bullet points)

• Schedule two more mission statement workshops open to all DAO members in order to finalize the mission statement
  • Socialize the final mission statement including native-speaker translations in Mandarin, Hindi, Spanish, French
  • Send the Mission Statement to DAO-wide vote, building in the opportunity to review and revise the mission statement over the coming years as deemed necessary by APE Foundation or ApeCoin DAO.

Cost (if any) of idea
1 $APE

Answer: If this wins, will you do it?
Yes, today.

Your ETH Address used for ThankApe registration:
0xFeeD2eab7fc2c43D06f55eCD5ef5DB5f2fE77935

9 Likes

I have to ask. Are you saying that there are no ways to allocate more than 250k to one idea or initiative?

I found out about this initiative on Twitter and I really appreciate it as it can get people that are usually quiet regarding the governance process of Apecoin to take part in it, me included. I came up with two ideas and I hope they will be of use!

Idea 1

Title: Improve the governance process of Apecoin by rewarding active community members

Category: Governance & Process Improvement Ideas

One sentence summary: The governance process of Apecoin must grow in order to achieve its full potential, therefore incentivizing open debates of active proposals can attract more people in and lead to new ideas that further develop the project.

Description: AIPs don’t have that many votes when compared to the circulating supply, so more people must be kept in touch with the active proposals. The whole process needs an increase in activity, both when it comes to voting and debating the proposals.

My idea is to organize online meetups (can be both chat and audio/video) to discuss AIPs where people can get rewarded for being active in the discussion, debating the AIPs being a very important part of the process; there will be some discussion overseers that nominate the participants to be rewarded (3 people will each get 50 APE, it’s a reasonable incentive as you get ~200 $USD for 1-2 hours of the meetup and maybe 1-2 hours of preparing beforehand).

This can be coupled with tracking which members of the community are most active (within the online meetups and on the forum too) and visualizing the rewards given to community members. Having a monthly or quarterly hall of fame for the active debaters where total rewards are also displayed can encourage people to participate. Incentivizing people to take part in the governance process can go a long way. Voting is one part, but clearly presenting the proposals and debating them can be even more important as it directly affects the voting process. Even if a proposal doesn’t pass in its initial form, the discussion that stems from that proposal can lead to even better ideas and more impactful proposals in the future.

Steps to implement:

• Select a group of discussion overseers that will coordinate the activity.

• Organize online meetups on Discord (or any other platform) to discuss the proposals.

• Select the participants to be rewarded and keep track of them, take note of any good ideas that stem from the discussion that can be discussed later.

• Create the monthly/quarterly half of fame and make it known to the public together with the incentives accumulated by the active members.

Cost: Depending on the size of the rewards and how complex the tracking tool will be, the cost can vary but it can definitely take up to 10,000 dollars to run this program for 6-12 months, at least as a pilot program.

I wish to help in any way I can to make this process work out well as I like debating ideas and taking part in the conversation. I can help with organizing this whole process.

Idea 2

Title: Growing the Apecoin ecosystem by encouraging art through sponsorships and contests

Category: Community Building & Events

One sentence summary: The Apecoin ecosystem can play a major part in encouraging art and redeeming the public image of NFTs by sponsoring artists and organizing contests.

Description: NFTs and cryptocurrencies overall have accumulated a lot of hatred because of scammers and projects that fail to deliver, therefore many people see it as a pump-and-dump scheme or like gambling. Projects like Apecoin that have serious funding at their disposal can put it to good work to reverse this whole trend, or at least seriously contribute to its reversal.

Those projects that will turn around the public image of NFTs and cryptocurrency will never lose their spot as benefactors from the public eye. I believe ApeCoin can do a lot when it comes to this general image, check the comment section of the Otherside trailer for example, many people in there dislike cryptocurrency but they really like the content. As per the guiding values of Apecoin, boldness, “We don’t shy away from the weird, the hard, or the new.”, and collective responsibility, “We leave everything better than we found it.”, this task fits in perfectly.

One way of improving this aspect is attracting artists and creators of all kinds to grow the APE ecosystem through contests or direct sponsoring for artists to create works that reference the Apes. This can be done through NFTs or physical artworks, since I believe culture from the metaverse can merge with physical art so they can grow together, not separate. NFTs overall have given many artists an easier way to find buyers for their work, so APE can build on this trend.

Steps to implement:

• Run a contest with prizes and award the top 3 artists (one way would be 600 Apecoin for the 1st place, 400 Apecoin for 2nd and 200 Apecoin for 3rd) or directly sponsor an artist with 1000 Apecoin.
  • Use the communication channels already being used by Apecoin to spread the news about it and directly contact artists. The story we tell along with these contents and sponsorships is very important, if not the most important, we want to help art grow together with the metaverse.
  • Both the contest and the sponsorship can be done, they are not exclusive.
  • The next step further would be to organize online events such as virtual tours of the galleries where the artworks produced can be viewed but that comes with an additional cost.

Cost: 1200 Apecoin for the art contest, 1000 Apecoin for the artist sponsorship

And yes, I wish to play my part in making this happen if this proposal gets passed.

Ethereum address: 0xB40232b16215D23C7879740AAC906dB0ba714606

3 Likes

Not sure I fully understand your question but an AIP should not be able to request more than 250K in a single request. The same project could present another AIP later on for more funding but always with a 250K cap per AIP request. People could still submit any number of AIP they want.

Title:

ApeCoin DAO Prop House - Small Grants Program Proof of Concept

Summary:

Use Prophouse to efficiently distribute micro-grants to empower artists, devs, and content creators, fostering ApeCoin ecosystem growth and engagement.

Description:

The objective of this proposal is to create a more efficient and engaging method of distributing micro-grants to artists, developers, and content creators who contribute to the ApeCoin ecosystem via Prophouse. By offering micro-grants on a weekly basis (ranging from 500 or 1,000 APE), we can:

1. Test a more efficient way to distribute small grants than the current AIP process
  2. Empower artists / devs / content creators to contribute the ApeCoin Ecosystem
  3. Create attention, engagement, and good vibes

The proposed system consists of three monthly rounds where micro-grants are allocated. During each round, community members can apply or nominate others for these micro-grants, with selections made based on the project’s potential to contribute to the ApeCoin ecosystem. By creating a more efficient process for grant distribution, we aim to empower creative individuals and foster an environment of collaboration, energy, and excitement around ApeCoin DAO grants.

Steps to implement:

1. Sign up for a prop.house instance for ApeCoin DAO
  2. Announce the micro-grant program and create guidelines for what it is intended to fund.
  3. Manage the backend of prophouse 3 times a month
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 for subsequent monthly rounds.

Cost: The primary cost of this idea would be the micro-grants themselves, with 500 or 1000 APE distributed to 4 winners each round, three rounds per month for three months = 24,000 APE distributed to 36 different winners. Additional costs may include platform development and maintenance, some marketing expenses to promote the program as well as administrative efforts for managing prophouse but these are minor.

Answer: If this wins, will you do it? Yes, I plan to submit this and lead this through.

Your ETH Address used for ThankApe 5 registration: 0x56383A5Dd01d413fb8B38F2D0FceF5F511F1Dbb9

8 Likes

​​Title: Apecoin Adoption and Referral Program

One-sentence summary: This proposal suggests creating a website for Apecoin adoption benefits and implementation steps, along with a referral program that rewards $apecoin holders for referring businesses to adopt and accept Apecoin as payment using ThankApe.

Description: To encourage ApeCoin adoption, I propose creating a dedicated website that will showcase the benefits of Apecoin and guide businesses through the implementation process. The website will be designed to provide a clear and concise understanding of how Apecoin works and how it can benefit businesses.

In addition, I suggest a referral program that will incentivize $apecoin holders to refer businesses to adopt Apecoin. For every successful adoption, the referrer will receive 100 $apecoin as a reward, via ThankApe. The goal is to onboard 100 new businesses worldwide over the course of 12 months.

To ensure a smooth implementation process for businesses, I also suggest having a dedicated solutions engineer available to help guide, implement, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise during the adoption process. The solutions engineer (SE) will be available to businesses for a period of 12 months.

The SE would help with the following:

• Conducting demos
  • Providing technical advice
  • Help with the Implementation process
  • Conducting site visits/zoom calls for technical support
  • Training customers
  • Creating Training manuals and implementation guides

Steps to implement:

• Hire a solutions engineer to assist businesses in the adoption process
  • Develop an Apecoin Adoption and Implementation website to provide businesses with resources and information on how to integrate $APECoin
  • Create a referral program that rewards $apecoin holders for successful referrals via ThankApe
  • Launch the program and promote it to businesses
  • Provide ongoing support to businesses that have adopted $APECoin
  • Onboard 100 new businesses worldwide over the course of 12 months

Cost:
32k $apecoin budget for the solutions engineer ~ $128k (12 months contract paid monthly).
10k $apecoin ~ $40k for Referral Program
5k $apecoin ~$20k budget for website development
5k $apecoin ~$20k budget for travel expenses

Total Budget: 52k apecoin ~ $208k USD

Answer: If this wins, will you do it? Yes, I am well-equipped to assume the role of solutions engineer for this project. I have over three years of professional experience working in the Higher Education industry, and I am confident that my expertise will be instrumental in driving the adoption and success of Apecoin.

Your ETH Address used for ThankApe registration:
0x18994eeb0D074446FF2646D900395d5038773F37

7 Likes

I’ll rephrase. Can you think of any type of grant that would be in excess of $1,000,000 in ApeCoin?

Why set the amount in USD? As we are running on $APE, why not limit it to the amount of $APE one can request?

Also, don’t forget that we have seen several initiatives pass to the tune of $1m (AIP-3: Year 1 Budgets, AIP-36: Guy O’Seary, AIP-134: Bug Bounty, AIP-230: “I want apes to fund public goods”), all of which I argue are necessary (or at the least, appropriate) asks. Also, in the case of Guy O’Seary, who didn’t end up utilizing his budget, after the term the unused totals are returned to the DAO.

Vastly more are in excess of the $250k figure you’ve suggested. Where did you arrive at that number as the cut-off?

2 Likes

My entry, not sure it qualifies. It’s governance, and in a way having no delays on payouts may make DAO more attractive? /shrug

I absolutely love this idea! Incorporating a tool like this to educate consumers creates a much more immersive experience and very inclusive!

2 Likes

Proposal Name:
-Connect NFT with BAYC wine using NFC (* Near-field communication*)*

Proposal Category:
-BYAC wine utility*

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.
-Uniquely binding a physical BAYC wine to an NFT using NFC and an App, a digital record of ownership and transaction history can be maintained, enhancing the traceability and authenticity of the artwork. This can potentially help reduce fraud and increase the value of the NFT over time.*

-We control every stage of the winemaking process in-house. From preparing the land to planting, caring for, harvesting, crushing, and making wine out of the grapes*
-100% of grapes estate-grown in our vineyard*
-100% produced and bottled by our winery*
-Fully TTB licensed wine Label with Bored Ape #3755*

Author Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of yourself
-Early BAYC OG since May 2, 2021, and proud owner of BYAC #3755 and fully licensed BAYC wine.
-An accomplished executive possessing a diverse skill set in both the technical and marketing domains of AI, IoT, and storage. Adept at driving innovation and growth, this seasoned professional holds a degree in computer engineering and has garnered over two decades of experience in the technology sector.

Team Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of your team involved, if any
-CTO (PhD): expert in AI and storage, one of the critical technology contributors to Google’s TPU cloud
-Chief Architect (PhD): expert in IoT and App development.

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.**
-The key technological solution can be leveraged by all projects within the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) ecosystem. This implies that the solution is designed in such a way that it can be utilized by various projects without the need for significant customization or integration efforts.*

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.
-A solution can help enhance interoperability and efficiency within the ecosystem, ultimately benefiting all Ape-coin holders. For instance, a shared protocol for asset tokenization and exchange could enable seamless transactions between BAYC projects, facilitating greater liquidity and flexibility in the ecosystem.

Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.**
-The emerging technology of Near Field Communication (NFC) and rf tag provides an efficient and secure means of uniquely binding an asset to a non-fungible token (NFT) through a simple iPhone application. NFC enables the exchange of data wirelessly over short distances, facilitating the transfer of information between devices, such as smartphones and tags.*

Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.**
-By utilizing NFC technology, assets such as fine wine, physical art, jewelry, or collectibles can be linked to an NFT, enabling the asset to be represented digitally and traded on decentralized marketplaces. This provides numerous benefits, such as increased transparency, security, and ease of transfer, for asset owners and collectors alike.*

-Moreover, this solution can help resolve challenges associated with provenance and authenticity in the collector’s world. By uniquely binding a physical artwork to an NFT using NFC, a digital record of ownership and transaction history can be maintained, enhancing the traceability and authenticity of the artwork. This can potentially help reduce fraud and increase the value of the artwork over time.*

-Overall, integrating NFC technology and NFTs offers a promising solution to the challenges associated with asset ownership and provenance in various fields, including the web3 ecosystem. The ability to easily link physical assets to digital representations through a simple app can potentially transform the way we trade and interact with assets, unlocking new levels of transparency, security, and efficiency.*

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step, where applicable.**
-Step 1: Encode NFC Tags
Encode NFC tags with unique identifiers that can be linked to NFTs. These tags can be attached to BAYC Wine, providing a digital representation of the asset on the blockchain.

-Step 2: Develop the NFC-Based Application
Develop an application that can read NFC tags and link them to NFTs. This iPhone application should be user-friendly and easily accessible through smartphones to allow many users to participate.

-Step 3: Link the NFC Tags to NFTs
Once the NFC tags have been encoded, they can be linked to the corresponding NFTs through the application. This process ensures that the physical asset and its digital representation are uniquely bound, allowing for transparent and secure transactions on decentralized marketplaces.

-Step 4: Maintain Digital Records
To ensure traceability and authenticity, digital records of ownership and transaction history should be maintained on the blockchain. These records can be accessed through the application, providing a transparent and immutable record of the asset’s provenance.

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.
-Step 1: 3 month
-Step 2: 3 month
-Step 3: 3-6 month
-Step 4: 3 month

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.**
-Phase 1: 2500 Ape coins. Create 250 bottles of BAYC wine with an RF tag that a smartphone can read.

1 Like

1. PROPOSAL NAME

APE Overseas Committee - APEOC

2. PROPOSAL CATEGORY

Governance & Process Improvement Ideas

3. ABSTRACT

Language barriers are a real problem in the modern world, although English is the most spoken language (~1.4bi speakers) and the “default” language in Web3, there is a big market to be reached within countries that are heavily active in the Web3 Spaces but that have not English as their first language.

Researches show that gaming is one of the most appealing subjects and It is assumed to be driving a market tendency for the upcoming years. APE Coin fits perfectly to power blockchain gaming projects economy and where at a good market timming to broaden the DAO’s accessibility to content and information. APE Coin DAO could start a brand awareness program and develop key members to lead cultural/business specific actions within certain languages to act as an arm to smoothly bring new communities to adopt APE Coin.

4. MOTIVATION

Summary

The Problem

• Language restricts access to clear information and the will of business to integrate new tools and technologies
  • Lack of a concise token largely adopted as an in-game currency

The Solution

• Pulverize APE Coin DAO content in largely spoken languages in Web3 Space
  • Form a base of APE Coin DAO’s content producers within target languages
  • Create a strategy to bring awareness on APE Coin in how it satisfy a project needs for a trustful on chain currency

5. RATIONALE

Summary

The goal of the Overseas Committee is to leverage APE’s brand awareness for non native English speakers broaden the capacity to bring new business opportunities to APE. A case study could be Binance’s Global Strategies.

To accomplish the goal, the APEOC could be structured within two main elements:

• Business Development: responsible to deal with B2B affairs, closing partnerships related to APE Coin implementation
  • Brand Awareness: responsible for content production strategies targeted to specific languages, building community, translations, keeping conciseness and accuracy of communication

The team dealing with Business Development could be members whose already have a background in that field.

For the content production, we could use the brains already existent inside of our community. Members could submit ideas and contents (PDFs, charts, blog texts, threads, or anything inbound marketing related assets) to the board, following specific guidelines, and get rewarded in APE if their content manage to be approved by the board and published on social media or any related medium.

APEOC will become responsible for organizing or assisting any team already doing events and any other community activation outside English speakers range. The first approach could be implementing Twitter strategies on the target languages.

Target languages: Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Hindi

Minimum Team Composition and Hierarchy

1. 1x Business Dev
  2. 1x Manager
    2.1. 1x Community Manager (General)
    2.1.1. 1x Portuguese Manager
    2.1.2. 1x Chinese Manager
    2.1.3. 1x Russian Manager
    2.1.4. 1x Hindi Manager
    2.2. Designer with experience in Social Media

6. KEY TERMS - pending

Summary

OKR - Objectives and key results is a goal-setting framework used by individuals, teams, and organizations to define measurable goals and track their outcomes.

7. SPECIFICATIONS

Summary

Some tools the team will need

• Slack or Notion: to organize tasks and to do all the project management
  • Twitter handles for each language
  • Access to a design tool
  • Google Drive to organize and backup files (Notion is also a fit here, but not as a backup tool)

8. STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

Summary

Build community should be “the word” of the very first stages of the implementation.

This is an overall image of what the first steps could be:

• Source a team within our DAO members
  • Offer training to the team
  • Translation of all DAO assets including website content and strings, extending to third part tools we use like Thrivecoin’s page
  • Start producing content about APE DAO ecosystem
  • Scheduling Twitter Spaces along the already established DAO partners to introduce the existence of language specific APE point of contacts
  • Promoting and/or taking part on IRL related events

After this first phase, when the languages subcommittees reach certain growth OKRs, we could start to pitch potencial business partners on those specific languages, never letting community building behind, where new tasks being:

• Market research for potencial partners and new business
  • Development of tailored pitch decks
  • Promoting established use cases of APE Coin
  • Taking part on business fairs

9. TIMELINE

Summary

The team assembly could last a month and the implementing of a single language strategy could last a whole year.

10. OVERALL COST

Summary

The APEOC will have roughly three class of expenses (in U$)

Fixed costs

• Software: $200/month

Core Team “The Board”

• I don’t have the numbers but the payments could be set on milestones reached with a low monthly payment

Community Contributions

• Approved and published asset/article: $5~30/each

WILL I DO IT → BIG YES, but I’ll need help in many things, I’m better in having ideas and prepping plans than actually executing the plan… ENTP-A here :grimacing:

ETH Address → 0x3d37b7317be26e46c8B9fd592517BC95d73C22D1

Have a good weekend :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Summary of idea:Shaping the DAO identity

Description
A DAO should make sure it takes the right direction to thrive. It starts by better knowing itself from the inside, to know its identity.
However this identity is currently only defined by a very small fraction of the community.

• Only 2% of the Apecoins voting power are currently active (8M out of 368M in circulation) on AIPs, giving very few clues where the DAO should go.
  • On the 120k holders, it represent, at best(!), 2,400 holders who express themselves. It’s 117,000 holders on the side! And this number is growing.

This proposal aims at capturing representative expectations trends from the unheard voices (at least 10% of the holders) and deliver it to the DAO to better know the communities it serves and ofc support decision-making.

Benefits of getting these feedbacks will:

• drive better collective decisions or give hints for new proposals to the communities
  • help to manage expectations.
  • give cues on how to engage with them better and make them foster
  • attract more people to hold Apecoins to be part of the “club”

Imagine we get over 10% of holders giving feedback.That’s 12,000 holders!

Steps to implement

1. Create a poll to capture expectations trends (5 to 10 questions). This is a raffle for those who answered with 5 prizes of 100 Apecoins reward. this is key to improve the response rate.
  2. Send the poll to targeted communities through various channels : from accounts on twitter, discord, discourse,…and retweeted by Thankape :saluting_face:. It needs to be easy and quick (~2 min) to get the largest number of feedbacks
  3. Analyze feedbacks (per channels, per type of holders, per communities,…) and deliver main conclusions to the DAO and communities (transparency!)
  4. Run the raffle and provide the rewards

Any ideas to improve this proposal are welcome!

Cost
1000 Apecoins (including 500 Apecoins for raffle rewards)

Answer
If this wins, will you do it? Yes. Will need the DAO to send the rewards directly to winners.

Your ETH Address: 0x9222cF504c11DCDC8642192917274b7A9884ea67

What’s my identity??? :rofl:

1 Like