The DAO Needs Revenue

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Fuego has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

as a bayc minter i agree with @Fuego we need balance between the proposals and cut aips requesting funds which doesnt give anything back to the dao.

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree. The DAO needs a mechanism(s) to ensure long-term sustenance of operations and ecosystem.

I think authors will probably need a lot of help designing future proposals in how to make this happen. Maybe the Mentorship program that @AllCityBAYC recently had approved could help guide them. Iā€™m also happy to help in whatever capacity that I can as well. :+1:

It will also be imperative that any such proposals are compliant in the broad set of complexities which exist in this still relatively new ecosystem, I bet @Waabam or @capetaintrippy can chime in with some pearls of wisdom when such proposals are being brought to the table. In due time, all in due process. :heart:

Really looking forward to seeing the next 50 AIPs come through, and how they factor long term DAO considerations into their proposal write ups. I imagine this will be a learning process for some of us, and an existing one which paves a path towards a strong future. :mechanical_arm: :gorilla:

Sponsoring hackathons is a tricky endeavour, Iā€™m sure @maariab had her work cut out for her over there. I competed (and won, see our awards ceremony presentation at 1:28:07 here) at ETH Denver earlier this year in the DAO & Community track and witnessed first hand the challenges that sponsors needed to overcome while dealing with competitors. :sweat_smile:

As a hackathon competitor/winner, the feedback I received from follow up investors was consistent. Most hackathon projects do not turn into successful ventures. The premise of a short term event is much different than an intentional company being formed, which is directly reflective in the lower success rates of those teams whipped together for the purpose of a fun exploration into the short-term nature of a hackathon project.

It means capital investors are even more hesitant towards funding a hackathon project than they are towards a startup. And without early funding, startups are in an even more difficult position. A hackathon startup is akin to a ā€˜friends and familyā€™ round of investment, which comes well before the ā€˜Seed Stageā€™. Higher risk, higher reward generally speaking too though. Jayson Calacanis has been exploring $25k checks at the friends and family level through his Founder University program, which in many ways is a generally pioneering move for such a prominent fund to do.

That being said, some hackathon projects (such as mine) go on to generate success, and represent HUGE opportunities. Iā€™d be curious to hear Maariaā€™s input on this topic and her plans moving forward :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi @Fuego ,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If youā€™re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.
  • A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.
  • Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Fuego ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

• Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will receive an AIP ID number and move forward for Draft Analysis Review.
  • @Fuego please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea.

-@Facilitators

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-@Facilitators