What category of AIPs do you want to see MORE and LESS of?

GM
With the number of AIPs going up on Snapshot approaching nearly 200, I wanted to take a look at the categories of AIPs that were going up for vote.
I’ve taken every Snapshot vote that has occurred, assigned it a category, and listed it in this Google Sheet document. From there, I’ve provided some additional breakout data of % of approvals based on all AIPs, and based on specific categories assigned. AIP snapshot Breakdown - Google Sheets

All of this got me wondering, what kind of AIPs does the community want to see more of and want to see less of?
My question for the community is this, of the following different types of categories, which do you want to see more of as an AIP?

DAO - Process: aspects related to how the DAO operates and performs task
DAO - Budget: aspects related to budgeting for the DAO and various working groups
DAO - Election: aspects related towards our Election process
DAO - Voting/Snapshot: aspects related towards how we vote or how we conduct voting on Snapshot
DAO - Rewards: aspects related towards how we reward our community members, and owners of ApeCoin
DAO - Program­: aspects specifically towards a program implemented by the DAO that does not fall into one of the other DAO based categories.
Merchandise (Branding): aspects related to the creation and/or selling of ApeCoin branded Merchandise
Events (Branding) : aspects related to the hosting of an event****
Sponsorships (Branding): aspects related to sponsoring an event (not one that we would host)
Intellectual Property (Branding): aspects related to the use, creation, managing, and enforcement of our IP (e.g. Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights)
Marketplace(s) (Tooling): aspects for creating a marketplace usable by the community and non-community members
Tooling: aspects for creating a tool that is not covered by a Marketplace and is usable by the community-only or community and non-community members
Public Goods: aspects related to a commodity or a service that is provided without profit to all of Web3
Gaming: any aspects related to the practice or activity of playing games (e.g. board games, card games, video games, etc.)
Philanthropic/Charity
Newsletters (Entertainment and Media): *aspects relegated to media that is consumable through reading (e.g. X Threads, Newsletters, Articles, etc.) *
Podcasts (Entertainment and Media) : *aspects relegated to the creation of podcast-type entertainment (e.g. X Spaces, Podcasts, Talk Shows, etc.) *
Entertainment and Media: aspects not covered by Newsletters or Podcasts that are considered as Entertainment or Media. This includes aspects related to providing a means of communication that reach or influence people widely or aspects related to providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment
Education and Security: aspects related to the teaching or education of people, or aspects related to securing or protecting people or property
Other (leave a comment)

Please note, that this is not an exhaustive but is a list of that which I was able to reasonable assign based on the that which we have voted on Snapshot. If you happen to disagree or have an alternative suggestion for a category to be assigned, feel free to comment on the Google Sheet document or message me and we can include it.

While the above list is based on what is presented in Google Document, however we also have a Temperature Check Snapshot Poll for you to cast your vote of what you want to see MORE and LESS of:

GWG Temp Checks

We have limited the choices to the following:

• Branding: this covers all aspects related to creation of merchandise, events, sponsorships, or use of the ApeCoin Brand
  • Education and Security: aspects related to the teaching or education of people, or aspects related to securing or protecting people or property
  • Entertainment and Media: aspects related to providing a means of communication that reach or influence people widely or aspects related to providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment
  • Gaming: any aspects related to the practice or activity of playing games (e.g. board games, card games, video games, etc.)
  • Operations/Elections/Voting: this covers all aspects related to to the DAO and how it operates
  • Philanthropic/Charity
  • Public Goods: aspects related to a commodity or a service that is provided without profit to all of Web3
  • Tooling: * aspects for creating a tool or project and is usable by the community-only or community and non-community members that is not a public good
  • Other (leave a comment)
19 Likes

Interesting to see how this progresses.

7 Likes

Hey @LiveFast9986, thanks for taking the time and thought to put all this together. Still digesting at the moment, but at a glance wouldn’t things like “DAO - Voting/Snapshot” and “DAO - Election” fall under “DAO - Process?”

8 Likes

You aren’t wrong that they are all related, but breaking them out like this helps remove subject matter that would otherwise overlap with each of these items.

For instance, looking at some of the pasts AIPs that have been put up for a vote, there are some AIPs that are distinctly related to aspects related to how we perform Voting or related to Snapshot itself, whereas others are related distinctly to how we handle and conduct our elections.

6 Likes

A lot of options to Choose from, in my opinion I’ll say dao budget

4 Likes

More of or Less of?

We also have a new snapshot temp check poll:

GWG Temp Checks

We have limited the choices to the following:

• Branding: this covers all aspects related to creation of merchandise, events, sponsorships, or use of the ApeCoin Brand
  • Education and Security: aspects related to the teaching or education of people, or aspects related to securing or protecting people or property
  • Entertainment and Media: aspects related to providing a means of communication that reach or influence people widely or aspects related to providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment
  • Gaming: any aspects related to the practice or activity of playing games (e.g. board games, card games, video games, etc.)
  • Operations/Elections/Voting: this covers all aspects related to to the DAO and how it operates
  • Philanthropic/Charity
  • Public Goods: aspects related to a commodity or a service that is provided without profit to all of Web3
  • Tooling: * aspects for creating a tool or project and is usable by the community-only or community and non-community members that is not a public good
  • Other (leave a comment)
1 Like

I would love to see more of the topics related to sponsorship and branding

2 Likes

Please add a description for these.

Love to see more on Dao rewards and Dao program

2 Likes

I’ve added something, but these are pretty self-explanatory. Do you have a comment or concern about the scope of this category?

More of mechandise and gaming

2 Likes

I would like to see topics on dao election and rewards

3 Likes

I’ll say more of gaming

4 Likes

Seeing this just now, wonder how I missed this but this is great!

3 Likes

Hello Sir @LiveFast9986
It’s really good that you are asking the community about what kinds of proposals they want to see more or less of. Putting past proposals into different categories and letting members vote on their preferences is a smart way to get feedback. This is exactly how a DAO should operate - listening to what the community wants. Sharing the data and polls openly is great. Doing things like this will help make sure the DAO focuses on the areas that members actually care about most. It’s exciting to see how this input from Community members will guide what proposals come next.

3 Likes

And as for my choice I would like to see more of Dao process, budget and rewards :star_struck:

2 Likes

Just wait until you see the upcoming announcement from @bigbull and @AllCityBAYC

:wink:

1 Like

We currently have a new Temp Checks Snapshot Space for you to cast your vote on which category you want to see more or and less of.

https://snapshot.org/#/tempchecks.apecoingwg.eth

1 Like

We currently have a few days left to you to vote on which category of AIPs you want to see more or less of:

https://snapshot.org/#/tempchecks.apecoingwg.eth

I definitely want to see about the Education and security, Entertainment media and gaming categories of AIPs in the nearest future

3 Likes