Why are moderator questions to the author private? Should they be publicized in Discourse?

Wouldn’t the community benefit from knowing what questions the mods/admins/board have for the author? If there are questions, the community should be privy to them.

Here is a typical response from the mods:

"Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments."

7 Likes

This is a very interesting point. I’m all about increasing transparency of the process. It’s one of the core values of the DAO after all.

There are situations where some questions might involve sensitive info like background or KYC information that shouldn’t necessarily be publicized on the forum, but I do think there are benefits of having some questions made public.

Doing so would:

1. allow others to see commonly asked questions to keep in mind when generating their own proposals. This could cut down on the turnaround time on some of the proposals and get them through the process faster.

2. possibly spur further discussion around some of these questions. Maybe a community member has a follow up question that they wouldn’t have thought about before seeing the moderator questions

6 Likes

Love this idea. Obviously as RedVulkan stated there’s some sensitive info that’s best kept private but overall having a way for the whole community to check the progress between Cartan group and community members would be great.

5 Likes

I also set forth an AIP that was responded to in private, offering suggestions for revision that were valuable. In that case, it didn’t have to do so much with privacy but likely the redundancy of information; to this end, it was an issue easily addressed on-to-one and one that rendered public involvement entirely unnecessary.

Streamlining the sheer volume of copy available to the public forum may also be at play here.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.