AIP-128: Ape Kickback and Tutor Program

Thank you @Mantis for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Mantis please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Mantis has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

Thanks @Pearson

I’ll use this reopening to update with a little more clarity on what Apecoin’s participation could be for the Kickback Cup:

There will be a concert on Day 2 featuring either [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], or [redacted] as headliner. Don’t know which yet, but they’re all multiplatinum artists, relevant NOW (not 10 years ago), and definitely a good look for any web3 brand. Shout out to Poland. Possibly.

This concert will happen regardless of whether this AIP passes or not, but if it passes, the concert will be called “The Kickback Concert Powered by Apecoin” and the Apecoin logo will be prominently featured in conjunction with [redacted] during the concert.

More than happy to answer any questions before a vote.

5 Likes

Alpha: A look at everybody coming together for the Oct. 27 event. We’re getting close!

4 Likes

Not supposed to say this, but the artists we are in talks with for the Kickback Cup concert are Lil Yachty, Fivio Foreign, T-Pain, and Lil Baby. (To be clear, only one will perform, not all 4 :grin:)

@Pearson I know there’s a process, but I’m hoping we might be able to send this one to a vote before the Oct. 26 event date. There seems to be positive sentiment behind it from the DAO, and there’s really no effort required from the DAO other than graphics to be included in the concert and advance notice of any Apes that want to attend. Cxmmunity is doxxed and well known in the esports space for events, so this isn’t a longshot anon type deal.

More than happy to answer any questions whatsoever or have a conference about the idea. If you can’t, I understand. Thanks for considering!

4 Likes

Event marketing has started: The Kickback Tickets, Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite

We ended up getting 2 concerts: Pusha-T and looks like G-Herbo for the second. Even if this vote doesn’t go through, you guys can still come meet the team informally if you’re in Atlanta!

4 Likes

Up for the last week buildup

1 Like

@Pearson @river I am removing this AIP from consideration.

Hey! Sorry we couldn’t get your proposal through the process quick enough for this Kickback Cup event. It was certainly trimmed down as much as possible to make it move fast, just not quite quick enough. Hope we can find more ways to support e-sports & some of your initiatives. You bring a lot of good ideas to the table! Looking forward to see what comes next. :clap:

4 Likes

For sure; you’ve already seen a preview of the next idea! This was a longshot because of the time crunch, so no worries here. Big things coming… :grin:

4 Likes

Hey @Mantis,

Sorry that we weren’t able to get this AIP through on time. Wishing the best for Cxmmunity and the Kickback Cup! We would be happy to see proposals for future events

Ape on,

- river

3 Likes