AIP-132: Karma - Reputation system for ApeCoin governance contributors

Proposal Name: Use Karma’s reputation system for DAO contributors

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

At Karma, we have built a reputation system for DAO contributors participating in governance. We would like the ApeCoin community to adopt it for their needs. That would mean:

1. We can help setup a website which ApeCoin can host on their subdomain to display contributor stats (ex: https://optimism.showkarma.xyz/). Some of the features are

2. Display high level voting summary

3. Display voting history from Snapshot/on-chain

4. Display delegate commitment message

5. Display delegate voting reason for each proposal

6. Delegate tokens right from the dashboard

7. Install discourse forum plugin that has the following features

8. Display governance stats of forum users (ex: see governance stats here “https://discuss.ens.domains/u/nick.eth/summary”

9. A custom form in the forum that delegates can use to post commitment message which gets posted in the forum and also displayed in the dashboard (bullet 1 above)

10. A custom form in the forum that delegates can use to post reasons for how they voted on each proposal which gets posted to form and also displayed in dashboard

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

To build a healthy and dynamic governance ecosystem, a DAO needs active contributors. It is in the best interest of the DAO to recognize the most active contributors, help token holders delegate to candidates that align with their beliefs, elect right delegates to various councils, potentially reward them and give them a way to showcase their contributions. Using Karma’s reputation system provides all these functionalities to ApeCoin DAO

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

ApeCoin’s mission is to serve as a decentralized protocol layer for community-led initiatives that drive culture forward into the metaverse. Having a reputation system will encourage members to lead various initiatives and contribute. By having visibility into the contributions, DAO can encourage the right kind of behavior from their community.

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

To get Karma implemented for ApeCoin DAO

1. We would like to understand from the core team, what metrics the community cares about so we can track them. Example: Creating proposals on forum can be weighted differently to voting on proposals on snapshot. We can weight any proposals that start on forum and ends up on snapshot differently.
  2. We can help the forum admins install the plugin so any user who chooses to display their governance stats can do so.
  3. We can setup a dedicated website for ApeCoin without any effort from core team.

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

We can get everything up and running in two weeks

Overall Cost

$10,000 to cover dev cost for customizing dashboard, setup plugin and ongoing infrastructure and maintenance. We are also open to the option of doing all the work upfront and only if the community finds our product valuable, you can release the funds.

Please let me know if you think this product can add value to ApeCoin community. cc @btang @Amplify

8 Likes

Thank you @mmurthy for writing this AIP Idea, I think this makes a lot of sense for ApeCoin DAO! :handshake:

I see no real downside to implementing this AIP. It only makes it easier to access contributor stats and gauge participation in the DAO.

I took a look at my own ENS profile and I think it’s really cool that there are already many DAO’s plugged in and my complete voting history and subsequent contributor score are shown on my profile. I think this will be very useful for the community when delegating their ApeCoin, or voting on initiatives, Board members, team members, etc.

I definitely love the idea of having ApeCoin DAO on this list:

I think it just provides an additional avenue for web3 explorers to get to know us and get involved! :raised_hands:

Again thank you for putting this together, I look forward to voting yes on it! :slight_smile:

-Amplify

8 Likes

Hi @mmurthy,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Pearson

2 Likes

I really like this idea! It’s simple and valuable. Thank you for proposing it.

5 Likes

I am content with the positive response and it’s good to move to the Draft process. Thanks @Pearson!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @mmurthy for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @mmurthy please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@mmurthy has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @mmurthy’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

1 Like

@mmurthy has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

1 Like

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author

Kind Regards,

- river

@mmurthy has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

@mmurthy has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

We have no further questions for @mmurthy. This AIP is now with the Special Council for Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

After review, this Topic submitted by @mmurthy is ready for vote. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release, which is every Thursday at 9PM ET.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 99.4% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-132: Karma - Reputation system for ApeCoin governance contributors, and further updates will be posted.

-moonkt

2 Likes