AIP-144: Establish Moderator Response Time Guideline

Thank you @Vulkan for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Vulkan please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Vulkan has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Vulkan’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

This is worth a repost — there should be no black boxes in this DAO, or it’s not a DAO. Checks and balances are an essential part of a modern working governance structure. This AIP helps to establish that. There’s more to do, but this is a good start.

7 Likes

Most probabaly they will start to ignore your proposal since you will submit it. They did the same with mine when I asked for the same: To reveal what is hidden in the DAO management system

BTW some screenshots about how the “DAO” works.

1 Like

@Vulkan has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

Wow… this is a lack of proper execution from the Cartan group which I believe are the ones that are hiring the moderators to keep up with the communication/s of the community. This is a critical problem and a solution is needed, hopefully establishing moderator response time guidelines will help.

2 Likes

This particular AIP is a very unique case IMO. It’s labeled as a Process AIP that would directly interfere with the work performed by the Special Council. The ApeCoin Board is under strict NDA’s which directly conflict with the request in this AIP requiring the Special Council to deliberate in public all of their thoughts on a particular AIP.

It’s not only unrealistic, it’s impossible. If we require actors in the DAO to only deliberate through Discourse, many actors will either stop sharing their thoughts all together, or simply bypass these communication channels anyway due to necessity and urgency in timing. It’s much easier to have a quick conversation in Discord or DMs than it is to strike up a timely conversation on the forums.

The AIP goes on to specify that “Total time allocated to Administrative Reviews of proposals by the Special Council should be limited by 14 days” which I think is not realistic given the sheer volume of AIPs, and diligence needed to review. Again, forcing the Special Council to discuss AIP’s in the public discourse forums greatly prologues the process due to the nature of how forums work. People respond when they have time.

I am not speaking for the ApeCoin Administrators, Moderators, or Special Council, but my opinion on this AIP is it directly conflicts with the Special Council’s responsibilities and is simply not enforceable. You cannot restrict conversation in any aspect, nor can you force it to happen on a particular medium.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t personally “foce” a conversation but also having someone wait for 2 months just for a reply is not acceptable in my opinion. Even just a reply that says: “We’re looking into your case and we’ll get back to you after the proper due diligence has concluded which can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks.” could help.

I believe the current Special Council is lacking execution, or maybe they’re so busy with other things that the DAO is not on the top of their priority list, but I believe this will change with the upcoming nominations and new Special Council Members.

3 Likes

“We’re looking into your case and we’ll get back to you after the proper due diligence has concluded which can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks.” could help.

I want a specific metric for this, as in if your AIP number gets skipped, you get an explanation.

but I believe this will change with the upcoming nominations and new Special Council Members.

I can’t rely on new elections of the Special Council to fix this problem. That’s not web3 gang gang at all; it relies on luck of the draw, getting somebody who wants to do right. Code is law, dudes, we must stick to that and promote it

3 Likes

Hey, Amp! Is this in response to AIP-80 or my proposal in this thread?

I believe it’s directed at AIP-80 (and agree with what you’re saying here by the way), but I want to make sure I address it and not leave you hanging if it’s part of this thread.

1 Like

Shoot good catch, I’m so sorry!

My comments were in reference to AIP-80. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want a specific metric for this, as in if your AIP number gets skipped, you get an explanation.

Agreed. The goal of this proposal is to increase transparency in the proposal process but not to have things slip through to live voting before they are ready. In other words, a response of “We are looking into your proposal” wouldn’t help the transparency much imo. I would like to see more specifics provided. If it’s going to take longer to review something that is totally fine, but I want to know exactly why it will.

I can’t rely on new elections of the Special Council to fix this problem. That’s not web3 gang gang at all; it relies on luck of the draw, getting somebody who wants to do right. Code is law, dudes, we must stick to that and promote it.

Agreed, I’m not one to wait around for someone else to fix a problem. If I see something that can be fixed I’m going to act on it now. The Special Council elections will also run until the end of December and any new nominees would possibly take several weeks to get up to speed. This is something I think we can address now rather than waiting another couple of months.

5 Likes

Yeah agree with both of your points here.

I believe the reason why the moderators are ignoring my proposals is simply because they were instructed by Special Council to kill the proposals. This way beneficiaries can simply control what will go to DAO voting and what will not. In the worst case they will blame moderators, who are anonymous, so no one will be responsible for that.

If this is true, the ApeCoin DAO is a total fake.

1 Like

If this is accurate then I believe there needs to be someone seating on the Special Council that incrases the overall accountability of the whole, someone who the community can reach and open dialogue and conversations. Weekly reports is one of the solutions that comes to mind. Instead of defending the status quo of a few people only because of selfish personal interest.

1 Like

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

@Vulkan has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

Agreed. This also brings me back to Vulkan’s response higher up where they mention not even being totally certain exactly how many moderators there even are here, let alone who they are. This isn’t particularly sensitive information… we all have profiles that detail our specific usage, and while I’m not saying we should have that for moderators the point is that the data is retrievable and capable of being openly shared. I’m advocating strongly for full transparency here, even amidst details that many might deem trivial. It ALL matters.

6 Likes