AIP-207: Reward TwitterSpaces ApeCoin

Gm Shillin :cherry_blossom: Thanks for putting up this exciting proposal, I love the concept of driving engagement & interest in ApeCoin DAO by incentivizing speakers within your spaces. We’ve certainly heard the feedback that DAO business is boring and hard to follow, and spaces of many different tones & styles are needed to excite a new demographic & help them grow passionate about making an impact within the DAO!

Some clarifications to get a clearer idea of your vision for sponsored spaces:

1. Do you foresee a possibility that the same few finalists will be chosen for the reward over and over again? Which measures would you take to make sure new people will have a chance at receiving the ApeCoin reward each day, and would you consider capping each winner’s rewards to be once in a 30-day period?
  2. You mentioned non-speakers could also be chosen as finalists by the panelists. As I understand it, both speakers and non-speakers have a chance to become finalists- how will the non-speaker finalists be chosen? Will they be only chosen from people who commented insightfully on the space thread, or chosen by some other metric?
  3. Would finalists who are chosen be those who contributed the most to the spaces in general, or those who contributed the most during the 10-30 minutes of ApeCoin DAO coverage & contributed in relation to ApeCoin DAO? Would someone who talked about an unrelated topic (for example, someone who talked about Wolf Game or such an unrelated NFT project) have a chance to be rewarded in ApeCoin?
  4. I can’t seem to find a schedule for upcoming Capitulation spaces, is there a list of dates/times we can expect to tune in? Are these spaces usually hosted in times convenient for audiences in American, European/African, or Asian/Australian timezones?
  5. Will ApeCoin be the exclusive sponsor of the daily spaces? If sponsorships are made by other NFT projects, tokens, etc, will they be disclosed to the audience of the ApeCoin sponsored spaces?

Overall, more spaces covering ApeCoin is a net plus for the ecosystem- we need spaces aimed at a wide variety of audiences- not just builders, but also community members, devs, artists, international audiences, and more!

Capitulation is the first proposal like this and thus may need to iron out some kinks, but hopefully will pave the way for many different types of spaces to be sponsored as well. Excited to see where this goes!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

13 Likes

Hi Halina

This is far and away the best reponse to the proposal to date, every single point is valid and deserves some consideration as I believe the highest hurdle this proposal has to get over the the “making it inclusive and fair” for everybody.

I hope the team will come back with a response to all of your points.

Thanks

8 Likes

If you’d like Alex, I can share an iteration of your proposal which aims to resolve the major issues one might have with your proposal with the intent of garnering bipartisan support for your initiative.

We can discuss the details if you’d like. I’m up for it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks so much for your proposal. I really think this has a lot of potential. I agree with @Halina.eth and look forward to your reply to her. I really appreciate that you’re listening to feedback and discussing the ApeCoin DAO and proposals on your spaces everyday.

I haven’t listened to your show very often, but I did catch the end of one of your spaces where you and the other Speakers went over AIPs and loved it. I’m a member of ApeComms and appreciated that you had @Lost up there as a speaker as well. I love that a new and large audience is learning about ApeCoin and the proposals up for vote. I thought everyone was objective, dug into the details, and discussed things in a rational, but engaging way.

I do have several questions and some comments:

• How will you decide who the speakers of the space will be?
  • Will the Speakers vary?
  • Will one or more of them have experience with the DAO and how it works?

I haven’t listened to all of the spaces where you’ve talked about AIPs, so maybe you’ve already done this, but have you thought about inviting the authors to your show for a discussion? A lot of them are looking for exposure and that way you could ask them questions directly.

Once we get through this backlog of AIPs, there may be a slowdown on how many go up to vote. So if it’s a slow week, perhaps you could talk about some of the AIPs in the Idea or Draft phases and possibly have the authors of those on your show as well? When proposals are in the idea phase, the authors of most of them are actively seeking feedback and the best ones welcome productive criticism and feedback while they can still edit the AIP.

Just want to clarify, that members of ApeComms have never been paid. We have been doing what we do for free, since each of us got interested in the DAO. Most of us since last Spring or Summer. And we have paid for all our expenses out of our own pockets including thousands on legal advice. Our proposal failed twice, so we have never received any funding.

Thanks again for submitting your idea. I look forward to seeing where this goes!

8 Likes

Do you foresee a possibility that the same few finalists will be chosen for the reward over and over again? Which measures would you take to make sure new people will have a chance at receiving the ApeCoin reward each day, and would you consider capping each winner’s rewards to be once in a 30-day period?

• Our goal is to reward audience members as well as speakers who frequent our spaces and contribute in a way that adds vocal and textualized value to any given topic. It’s possible that the same person may be rewarded, however that’s unlikely due to the fact that hundreds if not thousand tune in to ‘Capitulation’ spaces daily. We always encourage audience participation.

You mentioned non-speakers could also be chosen as finalists by the panelists. As I understand it, both speakers and non-speakers have a chance to become finalists- how will the non-speaker finalists be chosen? Will they be only chosen from people who commented insightfully on the space thread, or chosen by some other metric?

• Those who currently tune in as listeners are able to participate in space conversations by text. Many times we (Host, Cohost(s), Speakers) pin related items above the space in what’s called the Jumbotron. Pinning relevant text in the Jumbotron gives the entire audience an idea of information we find pertinent or much more insightful.

Would finalists who are chosen be those who contributed the most to the spaces in general, or those who contributed the most during the 10-30 minutes of ApeCoin DAO coverage & contributed in relation to ApeCoin DAO? Would someone who talked about an unrelated topic (for example, someone who talked about Wolf Game or such an unrelated NFT project) have a chance to be rewarded in ApeCoin?

• Web3 should know that Apecoin is here to stay and is an essential part of the ecosystem. We endeavor to promote this belief as a community during the allotted time of the ‘Capitulation’ and ‘Pontification’ spaces. Throughout the course of the Pontification spaces, we often discuss any breaking news as well as topics mentioned during the Capitulation spaces. Our audience will be rewarded for their relevant contributions to daily topics as a whole including Apecoin DAO discussions.

I can’t seem to find a schedule for upcoming Capitulation spaces, is there a list of dates/times we can expect to tune in? Are these spaces usually hosted in times convenient for audiences in American, European/African, or Asian/Australian timezones?

• Times subject to various changes due to current 13 hours time difference between Host/Cohost that are in Taiwan and the US EST (projected normal times are 9am, 4pm, 7pm EST).

Will ApeCoin be the exclusive sponsor of the daily spaces? If sponsorships are made by other NFT projects, tokens, etc, will they be disclosed to the audience of the ApeCoin sponsored spaces?

• We are very selective of any sponsorship opportunities that hinder cohesive connections between our audience and said product(s). We personally believe in the Apecoin DAO and will happily update the DAO as well as the audience members of any additional sponsorships proposed to Capitulation spaces.
7 Likes

Out of all it the proposals I have read, this is easily the most straight forward, yes I believe there is a bit of work needed in the detail, but Alex and the team have made it clear they are not only willing but want to work with the DAO to make this work.

I believe that this proposal has the most reach in terms of the NFT eco system, by implementing the proposal you are reaching not only the Degens of Web 3 but also the Everyman of Web3 who, like myself did not even know about the proposal system or even this forum for that matter, before Alex started talking about it in his spaces.

I certainly would like to see more detail around the fairness in the voting system that would be used in the space and how you would prevent “friends voting for friends” etc as this in my opinion is the weakest point and the area that could be most easily abused by others (I don’t mean Alex and the team in this rather the other speakers in the panel) I am sure you and the team are already working on this and I look forward to more detail.

4 Likes

How on earth this proposal became a part of the voting if it is known that in many countries promoting coins this way is ILLEGAL. How this passed the councils? I’m serious.

2 Likes

I’ve been tuning in and listening to you and others discuss AIPs on your Spaces while playing DookeyDash on my phone! Lol I like the format and am impressed how you are openly using AI to learn more! I love where this is going! If you like we can discuss privately and I’d be happy to sponsor 1-2 giveaways to see how that would work in practice. :raised_hands:

5 Likes

I think the idea of trial runs of the whole process is a great call and the more of these done now before proposal approval the better.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello everyone,

Thank you @shillin_villian for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @shillin_villian please see your messages for the next steps.

Best,
-mallard

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

@shillin_villian has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Best,
-mallard

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

A quick update here to inform you that we have sent our first round of questions to @shillin_villian and will be awaiting their responses.
Will keep the community updated accordingly.

Best,
-mallard

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been Withdrawn based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Amplify

1 Like