AIP-207: Reward TwitterSpaces ApeCoin

We have done daily spaces for months, 7 days a weeks. Spaces is the fastest way to transfer information.

8 Likes
  • The space has grown significantly over the course of the months
  • The easiest mechanism for complaints would be commenting on the spaces
  • The audience will review the AIPs unbiasedly
7 Likes

I appreciate the feedback

6 Likes

I plan on reviewing AIPs daily, it will be very easy to talk about a single AIP for 15 minutes daily.

7 Likes

I actually like this idea because I think we need a more diversified and decentralised outreach strategy to bring in and retain new audiences. Having said that, Iā€™m personally not a great fan of the style of your shows sometimes as I feel like one of the purposes is to create drama or fud for entertainment and engagement purposes only. Note that I said sometimes because I donā€™t attend many of your shows so canā€™t speak generally from experience.

I donā€™t want my personal feelings about your style to inform my decision about your idea here! Iā€™m happy to give this idea the benefit of doubt and see how it would work in practice. Therefore, I fully agree with @CryptoLogically that it would be nice if you did this exact idea as a voluntary trial run for a few days or even a whole week and see how it goes. Iā€™d be attending every day too and encourage others to attend as well. I think it also makes a lot of sense to have a requirement for winners to already have a profile on Discourse.

Need to see in practice how inclusive, fair and educational the spaces would actually be.

If they work in a positive and constructive way, Iā€™m all for supporting this initiative. :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Would you be open to a trial period, where you discuss and educate about ApeCoin DAO minus the giveaway, so you can get a feel for the content, recap process and Q&A so potential voters can see how youā€™re conducting the Spaces?

If you have a good reach and are genuinely interested in growing the DAO participation, why not start right away? You can introduce the idea to your audience, start directing them toward creating Discourse profiles, and field topic suggestions or areas of improvement from your listeners. Iā€™m sure it can only improve your chances of your proposal passing by having a positive track record established.

Itā€™s a win-win for all parties involved, no?

3 Likes

I personally think without the giveaway part, you kill the hype, and therefore the trial will be a very poor reflection of what could be achieved. I think we have an average base line we can draw, adding hype and potential prizes, creating a buzz, draws the crowds and gets us all the publicity and promotion we need, plus its fun, inclusive etc.

I just think, a small event like this, cannot really hurt, but, I do like that everyone is testing the idea, as should be with all proposals.

Normally, Iā€™d agree and love to see trial period, concepts proven etc, but not sure this one would reflect appropriately the potential.

2 Likes

I think the proposal, is a good one, I vote yes, based on the educational factor that this provides to the an ever growing ever changing community. Also, LEARN TO EARN is a strategy that other DAOā€™s like Rugradio and NounsDAO are exploring, we are the best DAO, and the best DAO should have the best LEARN TO EARN spaces.

Having a LEARN TO EARN reward system for spaces members who are not part of the ApeCoin DAO ecosystem is important for proliferation of the Apecoin Brand and its potential uses in the metaverse and IRL. The NounsDAOā€™s offer grants to any project that can proliferate the Nouns ecosystem. We should be doing better than them and this proposal is a great opportunity to engage new people to web3.

The proposal is very, very timely, as BAYC have launched their skilled based game Dookey Dash which involves Apecoin, and members of the BAYC community who donā€™t have the time to play the game are actively are requesting for gamers to play the Dookey Dash. Which will be going on until Feb 8th.

I think there is an opportunity to bring the Dookey Dash Game into the Capitulation spaces in the Apecoin DAO section, gamers who are already playing the game, can talk about their experiences, and the use of Apecoin in their game, so the Capitulation community can learn about the game and how Apecoin is being used in the gaming ecosystem. Also, there could be a section where BAYC Sewer pass owners could maybe even find a gamer in the capitulation space, to play for them, Some Sewer Pass holders could be suffering from arthritis, bad sight or learning disability and may need to get someone younger to help.

I think it is very important to capitalise on all the free publicity surrounding the Dookey Dash game, BAYC and Apecoin and these spaces can do that, as Apecoin is part of that ecosystem.

Also, I think every BAYC member should be given the opportunity and to put forward a proposal, WITHOUT PREJUDICE and this Capitulation space has been consistent for many months, the hosts have been consistent, and it is ALREADY AN EXSITING SPACE! The data shows that it has high ratings, a sticky community and It is not like they are looking to start a new space; they are looking to build on their successful space with this Apecoin Dao feature, of 3,000 ape for a duration of 30 days and 100 Apecoin per space as a reward to an audience winner, who has participated in the space.

Please note that Rugradio has launched itā€™s listen to earn feature and rewards, likes, retweets etc with I think 69 rug.

I would suggest the Capitulation team come up with a little more gamification in deciding who the 100 apecoin should go to everyday, meaning that to make it more engaging, it could always be an audience vote, so that it is transparent, enteratintaining, and interactive with either the fingers up or fingers down emoji, or each contestant either tweeting and the audience retweeting who they think is best and thus live tracking the highest retweets, or the use of polls etc. I say this because I think the audience should be at the centre of any learning decisions, so it is seen to be fair, then if there is a tie-break or close vote the hosts, can decide.

I just think that more game theory and interactivity and engagement of the audience can be brought to this proposal for this space, will make it totally unique on twitter, and of course the content could be repurposed for other platforms like TikTok, YouTube, etc.

What I would is say is that the BAYC community should not lose this opportunity to work with the Capitulation team as this space could be a vital portal for LEARN TO EARN, also there should be some accountability with the Capitulation team, with them reporting back their findings or keeping data that we could learn from, so when this spaces is a hit we can use this to measure, and the team could use it to improve.

So, what metrics could be used to measure the OBJECTIVES and KEY RESULTS? What milestones? I donā€™t think we need answers from the Capitulation now, but it is just food for thought.

Also, it would be good if the winners gave feedback on what they have used the 100 apecoin for - everyone has a story, and it is great to hear winnersā€™ stories. This creates bonding, to the space and we can hear success stories of Apecoin. The stories could be posted on a blog or a website, so we can all read them or see their winners videos, or they could be posted in the chat box of the spaces every week, so the community can feel engaged, and want to join in and win Apecoin.

I am sure the Capitulation team will come with many more ideas for the space, however, this perfect timing, and I vote yes to this proposal, and YES to LEARN TO EARN

8 Likes

An interesting proposal for sureā€¦ Worth noting that out of curiosity, I hopped into one of Alexā€™s Spaces last night and we chatted about his concept at length. Was impressed at how receptive he was to suggestions; particularly when making sure they would need to (IMO) have clear structure to stay within ApeCoinDAO brand guidelines once those have been established.

Pleasantly surprised. Curious to see where this one goes.

AC

8 Likes

As I said, Iā€™m intrigued by the idea of speaking to a broader audience. One concern however wouldnā€™t just be discussion of ApeCoin itself, which is of course important and an easy ā€œinā€ with folks playing Dookey Dash and all, but the underlying focus here that may be getting lost in all of this is attracting more contributors to the DAO itself. This shouldnā€™t be overlooked and efforts should be regularly made with this goal first and foremost, as itā€™s what the proposal is fundamentally sponsoring.

This means being intimately familiar with the DAO structure, governance, history and goals for the future. Having people on stage that can competently address these questions and concerns is a must. Partly why I want to see it in action before agreeing to endorse this proposal, personally.

4 Likes

Agreedā€¦ One point that I brought up was rather than just giving the ApeCoin away, frame some sort of additional requirements for recipients. Maybe needing to achieve a certain amount of time and/or engagement levels within discourse and/or the server. He seemed to take the suggestion well, which then sparked discussion that this could actually help stretch the ApeCoin out and potentially generate more engagement.

As mentioned, curious to see where this one goes.

AC

4 Likes

There we go. This is really where the rubber meets the road, actually directing traffic to the DAO itself. Iā€™d definitely like to see more of a focused outcome for winners that directly impacts the DAO in a measurable way.

4 Likes

Itā€™s an interesting idea: rewarding engagement via twitter through the DAO - however Iā€™m not sure this is the right approach, and thus far (while very entertaining and funny) your show hasnā€™t exactly been focused on education or bringing inherent value to builders in the spaceā€¦

How would you be discerning about which people receive $APE.

Could you elaborate a bit on the benchmarks?

4 Likes

I can agree that the giveaway without effort and learning is a bad marketing. Also any space van be botted with even human bots. Twitter is not the way. I would suggest to learn programming/marketing/DataAnalitics to launch some app with developers colabs.

3 Likes

Cofrrect - we need to olevel up and also think about APECoin holders benefits.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback.

We will continue to discuss AIPā€™s daily in our spaces for 10-15 minutes.

8 Likes

Thank you for the feedback.

We have been actively discussing ApeCoin DAO/proposals daily.

8 Likes

Thank you Prince for the kind words.

An easy metric to verify KPIā€™s would be, how many new participants signed up for the ApeCoin DAO.

8 Likes

Thank you AC,

Was nice speaking with you on spaces, looking forward to future conversations with you.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Cameron,

The speaker panel will vote on who receives the $APE. A benchmark would be DAU participating in the ApeCoin DAO.

10 Likes