AIP-230: 'I don't hate apes, I just want them to fund public goods!"

Thanks for sharing the Q&As Vulkan.

@maariab, thanks for sharing the power of synergy between the various IRL Event AIPs. I had also stated that there was way more opportunity for collaboration between most any and all IRL Events, now and into the future.

Here’s to the Master Calendar, Event Directory, our Local Champions, shared CRM, Tech & Ticketing and a global footprint of IRL Events Powered by ApeCoin :clinking_glasses:

Cheers,
SSP✊🏽

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

@maariab has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)

The Steps to Implement below mention sending money to ETHGobal. Would this be sent directly from the Ape Foundation to ETHGlobal or would it flow from the Ape Foundation to you and then to ETH Global?

1. $300k donation sent to ETHGlobal in USD
  2. $40k in USD sent to ETHGlobal to cover sponsorship fees prior to each hackathon
  3. $10k in APE sent to ETHGlobal to cover prizes at the conclusion of each hackathon

All three of these would flow directly from the Ape Foundation to ETHGlobal. I would not be involved in the fund of flows here at all.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

A few posts above it seems to indicate @maariab would make ETH Global donations a unique AIP, however in the Q&A @Vulkan just posted it seems still part of this AIP … ?

Thank you.

2 Likes

I will let @maariab confirm, but I believe the unique AIP was referring to part of the original request Maaria has already removed. Please correct me if I am wrong @maariab.

2 Likes

ah yes i can see how that was confusing!!!

This AIP is focusing just on ETH Global and its hackathons. There is still a public goods component here because we are making a small donation to ETH Global so they can continue doing their good work.

Separately, I would like to make a larger donation to the Ethereum Foundation, and specifically the team working on Account Abstraction. I’m in discussions with them on how we would structure a program with them and fund it with our donations, and hopefully we’ll figure what that looks like soon. Since we haven’t quite figured out the details here yet, I decided to extract this specific donation from this ETH Globals AIP and will resubmit it at a later date as its own AIP.

Does that help answer the question? @br00no @Vulkan.Admin

5 Likes

That makes sense, thanks @maariab. In the proposal Abstract above, it mentions the item above as one of the goals. Is this specific point still a goal of this proposal?

2 Likes

Ethereum Foundation is sponsoring prizes at some ETH Global hackathons related to account abstraction and zero knowledge technology. This AIP requests up to $100k to match their prize amounts for these specific categories. So if the Ethereum Foundation is offering a $10k prize pool for account abstraction projects, we are matching them with $10k to increase the total prize pool to $20k. This encourages more developers to build for these categories that I believe are very important for the growth of the ecosystem (also aligns us with public goods focus of this AIP).

In the last conversation I had with ETH Global, the Ethereum Foundation has at least 5 of these category-specific initiatives planned so far for this year. This AIP requests additional funding as a reserve, in case they plan to do more than 5. Any unused reserves will be released back to the treasury at the end of the year.

I hope that makes sense!

6 Likes

We have no further questions for @maariab. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

3 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @maariab is ready for vote under AIP-230. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

2 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 46.21% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-230: 'I don't hate apes, I just want them to fund public goods!", and further updates will be posted.

@Lost.Admin

1 Like