Proposal Category: Ecosystem Fund Allocation
Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.
On behalf of Encode Club, I’m excited to put forward this grant proposal for Apecoin to co-sponsor our upcoming four-week virtual Future of Blockchain University Hackathon. This global event aims to introduce sharp university students to leading blockchain protocols, providing the space for a four-week deep dive into the Apecoin ecosystem.
We anticipate driving greater engagement with Apecoin and promoting its adoption across an ever-expanding community. Apecoin’s involvement would include interaction with hackers during two 60-minute technical workshops and setting up to three challenges with accompanying prizes!
Author Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of yourself
We were thrilled to see ApeCoin’s involvement at ETHGlobal!
As for me, I’m Katerina, the Operations Manager at Encode Club and I handle some of the BD work as well. Given ApeCoin’s great track record, I am thrilled about the prospect of incorporating gaming NFTs and metaverse themes into our upcoming virtual hackathon, with ApeCoin’s co-sponsorship! Let’s make it happen!
Team Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of your team involved, if any
Katerina | Encode
Eomji | Head of Research & Programmes
Laura | Head of Talent
Vanessa | Marketing Lead
Yasen | Growth Lead
Katerina | Ops Manager
Our Track Record
Established in 2020, Encode Club has rapidly become a leader in web3 education. We’ve conducted over 100 programmes and trained a global network of developers. Our hackathons are our pride and joy, attracting between 250-2000 developers per event, each contributing to the growth and evolution of the web3 ecosystem. We’re confident that our collaboration with Apecoin will stimulate unprecedented innovation within the Apecoin ecosystem.
In partnering with Apecoin, we bring our legacy of excellence, our commitment to education, and our passion for the web3 space. We are confident that our collaboration will stimulate unprecedented innovation within the Apecoin ecosystem.
Here are a few examples of some of our recent hackathons:
- Polkadot Hackathon (ongoing) - Apr 2023
- BNB Hackathon (ongoing) - Apr 2023
- Solana Foundation Hackathon - Jan 2023
- Urbit Hackathon - Nov 2022
- Livepeer Next Video Build Hackathon - Nov 2022
- Evmos-Covalent Hackathon - Nov 2022
- Metaverse Hackathon - Nov 2022
- Layer Hack - Oct 2022
- StarkNet Hackathon - Oct 2022
- ETHSafari Hackathon - Sep 2022
- Wintermute MEV Hackathon - Aug 2022
- Chainlink Hackathon - Jul 2022
- Polygon Hackathon Jul 2022
Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.
Our goal is to nurture talent, cultivate an understanding of Apecoin amongst future developers and, in doing so, strengthen the Apecoin community. By introducing university students to Apecoin’s ecosystem, we aim to spur innovation, encourage digital ownership, and foster community-building within the ape communities.
Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.
Sponsoring this initiative offers Apecoin a unique opportunity to engage with a global network of young, creative minds. The virtual nature of our event ensures worldwide accessibility, while its co-sponsored status attracts interest from a diverse range of hackers and developers. This approach resonates with the inclusive, decentralised ethos of the Apecoin community and stimulates a sense of shared purpose and unity.
Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.
We propose for Apecoin to sponsor our Gold-tier package, costing $25,000 in total. This includes $12,500 for the package itself, offering Apecoin the opportunity to set three challenges and prizes, conduct two 60-minute technical workshops, enjoy dedicated marketing from Encode, have key speaking slots at the hackathon, and receive hiring support from our talent team. The remaining $12,500 is requested for prizes, boosting participants’ motivation to innovate.
Our target audience for this hackathon will be university students, however, we will not restrict anyone from joining! We hope that with ApeCoin’s participation we will be able to offer the chance to new and existing developers to use your technology to build fun projects!
The Gold package includes the following benefits:
- set three unique challenges, accompanied by rewarding prizes for the hackathon. Prizes can be given in $ape
- conduct two 60-minute technical workshops that will delve into the Apecoin ecosystem. Having someone from the ApeCoin team conduct the technical workshops will be key as it would offer the participants a chance to learn directly from the source, gaining direct insight into the ApeCoin ecosystem. We would be happy to get recommendations on who would be ideal to conduct these
- and enjoy dedicated marketing efforts from the diligent Encode team
- get prominent speaking slots at the start and end of the hackathon
- receive hiring support from our great talent team to source the best minds that align with Apecoin’s ethos. Our hiring support is directly handled by our Talent Team at Encode. We have access to a vast pool of developers who have participated in numerous programmes, all keen to venture into the web3 space, putting us in a prime position to assist!
More details can be found in our deck here
Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.
- Finalise partnership, define roles and establish a multi-signature wallet for grant reception.
- Collaboratively create hackathon challenges centred around Apecoin and NFT communities.
- Develop technical workshop content focused on Apecoin’s unique ecosystem.
- Initiate a targeted marketing campaign aimed at snapshot voters, ape communities, and NFT enthusiasts.
- Execute the Hackathon, focusing on Apecoin’s ecosystem and its relevance to NFT communities.
- Judge submissions and award prizes.
- Post-event review and reporting, with transparency and accountability.
Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.
- June 2023: Formalise partnership and set up roles.
- Early July 2023: Establish hackathon challenges and prepare workshop content.
- Mid-July 2023: Launch marketing campaign.
- Late July 2023: Commence Hackathon.
- August 2023: Judge submissions and award prizes.
- September 2023: Conduct post-event review and reporting.
Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.
We kindly request Apecoin to sponsor our Gold-tier package, entailing a total commitment of $25,000. This sum is split between event organization, targeted marketing, hiring support, and other related costs ($12,500), and prizes to incentivise participants ($12,500).
This carefully balanced investment in event logistics and participant motivation will help to ensure a successful, dynamic hackathon that champions innovation and brings the Apecoin community closer together.