AIP-233: A.C.T. on Twitter Spaces – 60 Day trial

“1 $APE = 1 $APE” yet there’s this trend-obsession with tracking & perhaps judging activity, often under the auspice of rewarding said activity regardless of whether it has any real benefit or merit - which is very dubious ethically and legally, while Twitter has its own stain & peril - yet it’s all about decentralization?

“All Apes are equal but some Apes are more equal than others; keeping score while padding their wallets by getting you to ape along.” - George Orwell, “Ape Farm”

Makes no sense to this Ape, and isn’t welcoming to n00bs, but if this type of thing continues to pass please at least ensure it can be opted out of.

3 Likes

Hey Br00no, I hope my earlier comment clears any miscommunication which may have occurred.

We do not aim to track the Individuals who make Txns using ApeCoin, just those particular txns (Amount and Type) in interests of transparency.

Think of it as us Tracking Actions, not actions made by “You” (as in a particular individual)

Ah, I see you’re a George Orwell Fan too. One line which resonates with me is this “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Kind of a reminder to not letting the same problems we have irl seep into web 3 , like a political ruling class which is above the law.

I hope this helps

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have no further questions for @CEOofWeb3.0. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

3 Likes

Thanks again, ser. We couldn’t agree more on the pigs.

Let’s not be pigs, or give them easy low-lying fruit to feast on.

3 Likes

I forgot the context and was like Pigs? what pigs ? :joy:

Yessir, we hold ourselves to the same rules we enforce on others :sparkling_heart:

ngl sometimes I feel Orwell was a Time Traveller

2 Likes

You’re right Sasha, The wording needs to be changed to reflect the current status of the proposal and the idea specific iterations we’ve done. Give me a couple of days and I’ll make that happen

As this is a test run aimed at collecting data, Splitting it up into different proposals would slow it down considerably.

I’ll bring the proposal upto date and I hope that addresses your major concerns

The bureaucracy sucks equally for everyone, that’s :sparkles: Equality :sparkles:

2 Likes

@CEOofWeb3.0 has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

One additional update was made to the Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

Me if Updating my draft was a sport

2 Likes

This has had major updates & most of the thread is not relevant conversation now.

2 Likes

If we’ve integrated the improvements which were suggested and made a majority of the potential issues obsolete then we’ve done a good job as a community.

I see that as an absolute win :sparkling_heart:

To ထ and beyond
Anky :sparkles:

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @CEOofWeb3.0’s AIP Draft updates and have sent a list of follow-up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

2 Likes

Awaiting follow up questions, Stay awesome

1 Like

@CEOofWeb3.0 has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)
  1. The top of your proposal now mentions the following. Does this mean any unused funds would remain in the Ecosystem Fund and a follow-up proposal would be needed for any additional request for funding?

“Note: ALL funds stay in the ApeCoinDAO Treasury until invoiced. The author won’t be taking custody of the funds at any point of the time all unused funds will roll-over into a follow-up proposal if warranted.”

Yes, with possibly a provision for including an invoicing process if there’s an urgent need for left over funds, if the DAO allows for that. (ex: infrastructure costs)

1. Is the ApeCoin Tracker you added a link to part of this proposal? If so, how does it impact the proposal?

Yes, The bot alongside our entire ecosystem (treasury bot , spaces archive, AIP update tracker, currently in different phases of development) poised to launch before voting. Won’t impact the proposal much as it’s being set up by me and a friend of mine at no cost, if in future we need some funds for further development, we’ll utilise the pool of unused funds via a follow up proposal or an Invoice.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

yeah brother

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @CEOofWeb3.0’s AIP Draft updates and have sent a list of follow-up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

2 Likes

I hope I’ve given a satisfactory answer. I hope to see what we can do with this

2 Likes

Hi mate,

All I know is we gotta drive people to us by hook or by crook, really hope this passes mate.

2 Likes

Heya Fury,

You're my friend now, We're having soft tacos later

Thanks fren, we’ll need to develop some infrastructure on top of that to facilitate this discourse and we’ll be golden.

2 Likes

@CEOofWeb3.0 has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)
  1. In the event only part of the 15,000 tokens are granted, is there an expected expiration date on when the unused funds could be accessed? Or is the expectation with this proposal that the unused funds could be accessed in perpetuity until called upon?

In such event, The funds will be available for the entire length of the trial run + a small grace period at the end. After that grace period ends, the funds are declared persona non grata and can be reclaimed as seem fit.

1. When you mention “small grace period” can you define how long that is?

2 -3 weeks

81 days in total (60 days + 21)

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

We have no further questions for @CEOofWeb3.0. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

3 Likes