AIP-236: Fantasy Novel about NFTs

Thanks for confirming @Sasha. Once the timer runs out (about 4 hours from now) the moderator team will reach out and you will be able to move into the next phase, the AIP Draft, and have a chance to update your proposal text to fit the Draft template.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Sasha,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Sasha please see your messages for the next steps.

-Vulkan

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Sasha has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Sashaā€™s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

@Sasha has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)

My objective is to release the first inclusionary, approachable, and genuine full-length fantasy novel in the space, ~300 pages / 110,000 words long. Inclusionary means not just about one collection (though those are cool, too!). Approachable means non-nft people can enjoy reading it, just instead of Tolkien setting itā€™s an nft setting. Plus it will be kid-friendly. Genuine means it shows conflicts well and doesnā€™t plug in characters for hype or w/e other inauthentic reason - everything is subservient to the plot, not the other way around.
Key results would be people losing themselves in a good story on a quiet night or a rainy afternoon with hopefully both a tear and a giggle.

As far as this book, Iā€™ll just keep writing, usually 7 days a week at some coffee shop or another. Iā€™m slow but consistent.
As far as after this bookā€¦ possibly book 2, if people want to see more of Izzaā€™s adventures. NFT space never stops so there will be new events and characters to cover, and you canā€™t fit all characters in one book anyway.

No, but if you want to check in on me every once in a while - be my guest :kissing_closed_eyes:. Also just dm/tag me if you want to be an alpha/beta reader or know a pro editor.

Editor - I will ask on Twitter when draft #2 is done. A pro editor can be found online, too. But they are never sent first drafts, that would be wasting their time.
Publisher - I can self-publish on Amazon/Kindle and this will be an e-book first and foremost. As far as a real publisher (physical print)ā€¦ Iā€™m humble enough to think my first book wonā€™t qualify for such an honor. To be a published author is no small feat and the standard is high. Ofc, Iā€™ll submit the manuscript to publishers to see if they bite, but this is outside of this AIP. IF it happens and I see profit, 40% will go back into DAO via donation.
Illustrator(s) - I find them in every community Izza visits in the book. For example, Julian the Creative (an ape) did the one at the top of this AIP. Iā€™ve had a few wizards from FRWC express interest. So illustrator budget will go to NFT community members, and each illustration will be in style chosen by the artist. I hope to feature 8-10 artists this way, with credit and link to socials.

N/A or infinite copies since this is a free e-book for the benefit of all.
If thereā€™s enough interest for a physical print, then Iā€™ll create an nft collection and however many buy / redeem (again, at least 40% goes back to DAO).
This book is a service for the community, not a for-profit project. My profit is becoming a better writer, a book on my writing ā€œresume,ā€ and pride (if the book is good).

I have verbal / text approval for use of every character. Iā€™ll convert these into signed agreements before publication, after character owners can review the script. If they arenā€™t happy with the script, Iā€™ll change the character name.
For example, I just wrote a scene where 3 apes fight a giant plague king crab because [redacted]. I thought of 3 OG apes in the community who are active, run a nonprofit, etc - a married couple and their friend. Then I reached out and they said, ā€œlove the idea, but canā€™t approve name use b/c we are against any violence to animals.ā€ No problem, of course! Didnā€™t realize they were vegan. They suggested a different married couple (also apes) and their mutant friend. So now I will be using the 3 other names - the script hasnā€™t changed.

Example 2: when writing chapters involving Forgotten Runes Wizards Cult, I reached out to collection founders who sent me list of 13 most active/known community members. I interviewed 5 or 6 of them on voice calls, hung out in their discord, read dozens and dozens of pages of lore, followed dozens of other community members on Twitter, etc. From there I picked most long-term members as well as those contributing cool stuff, as long as they fit the plot/book.

Fame plays little role in my choices, though it so happens that the most active and positive community members are also often most-known. Example 3: Farokh has a huge following, but I havenā€™t seen an organic need to place him in the story. I do have a character pick up a newspaper, so ofc itā€™s called The Daily Rug. In the book, it explains the name as the paper thatā€™s delivered on flying rugs (magic carpets) b/c this paper is printed in Runeverse, the land of wizards. If later it makes sense to connect it to Farokh, I will, but itā€™s not forced and may not happen. Even as-is, the magic carpet explanation works for non-nft readers, and for us in NFTs the name ā€œDaily Rugā€ has another meaning. This is a small example of how I make it approachable for outsiders yet relatable for us, the insiders.

Yes! Bookā€™s official acknowledgements (1st page) will mention ApeCoin DAO, of course!
Also, ApeCoin is the currency of the world. On what are currently pages 20-21 I explain how ApeCoin came to replace gold. Hereā€™s an excerpt of DrifterShoots explaining it to Izza (ignore any grammar; itā€™s first draft):

Of course.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

@Sasha has made updates to this AIP draft. You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the page to see the updates.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

Btw if anyone wants to track progress/join beta reading club, this is the discord:

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Sashaā€™s AIP Draft and have sent a list of follow-up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

@Sasha has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)

Can you please clarify your cost? Is it in dollars or ApeCoin?

Cost is in USDC. Taxes and everything, total is $28,150. So w/e amount of ApeCoin that amounts to at the time of the grant, if approved.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

2 Likes

We have no further questions for @Sasha. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @Sasha is ready for vote under AIP-236. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Rejected AIPs subcategory.

@Lost.Admin

1 Like