AIP-251: ApeCoin DAO 101: The Ultimate Guide For ApeCoin DAO Newcomers

I’d add Tagalog to this list. I’m in BAYCkada, and there are multiple rooms of 75 people in them, with nearly half of the conversation taking place in Tagalog.

6 Likes

This is an excellent proposal! I wholeheartedly agree that an efficient and engaging onboarding process is key to attracting and retaining the best talent. Infographics, videos, FAQs, and live training sessions would indeed be helpful tools for newcomers. Looking forward to seeing this valuable resource come to fruition. Let’s make ApeCoin DAO more accessible and user-friendly!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @BojangleGuy,

Thank you @BojangleGuy for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @BojangleGuy please see your messages for the next steps.

@Lost.Admin

Your guess is very on point!! I actually did some research recently in picking a “top 10 languages” for our DAO, and the list ended up like so:

1. Simplified Chinese
  2. Spanish
  3. French
  4. Russian
  5. Hindi
  6. Japanese
  7. Korean
  8. Tied (Arabic, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Indonesian, Turkish, Italian, Dutch, Polish)

Note that the ranking is ordered so because I weighted 2 factors, first number of native speakers (total addressable market, people to onboard to web 3 in the future) and secondly number of people from that country/language speaking region in web 3/blockchain (realistic addressable market in the short term, lower onboarding costs).

The other point is that some countries/languages are generally known to have way higher English proficiencies than others. For example, Dutch speakers in the Netherlands (where 96% of Dutch speakers live), score a High English Proficiency on the EF English Proficiency Index (EF EPI), while other language speakers like Arabic & Vietnamese are ranked as Very Low English Proficiency. I didn’t take it into account for the ranking, but think it makes sense to keep in mind prioritizing languages with low English fluency as opposed to languages whose speakers already have strong English skills.

Either way, we already have 2 community members in the top 5 who are taking the initiative for their communities and just need encouragement & support from us. Selecting a final top 5 would be a great step to take, and then focusing on onboarding/supporting those communities & appointing a lead liaison would be a strong start. Afterwards, we can templatize the process and onboard many more languages efficiently.

11 Likes

This is all super helpful info. Thank you so much for your time and effort on this. I will start working now on getting a doc created that will compile languages and people in the community who are spearheading those various languages. :heart:

4 Likes

Happy to see this AIP being drafted can’t wait for the take off … let’s gooo

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@BojangleGuy has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

Our team has reviewed and discussed @BojangleGuy AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

With WG0, @holocronape has been super helpful in translating things to Spanish and helping people in the discord server. He may be interested in assisting.

7 Likes

I’d love to see this idea shape up and also get to more specifics on what the learning objectives would be that this AIP would solve for. From reading the specifications, it seems like you’re proposing to have a single resource guide for DAO operations, processes, and systems.

I’m interested in understanding what the most common behavioral outcomes we’d like to have for new DAO members and start from there…

Lots of ideas on this and look forward to evolving this idea! Thanks for putting this together @BojangleGuy !

3 Likes

Not bad at all! My first steps here were a little bit confusing, but Im getting it! Voted!

1 Like

Hey NANA! I just answered some of these same questions for admins that I believe will be posted here by them if not I will gladly share those with you!

In regards to the behavioral outcomes we would ideally like to see I think it is pretty simple. Seeing new members of the DAO be able to actively participate from day one. To me that would mean they vote on snapshot (how many new members don’t even know how to use or find snapshot), they would be active in discourse and community discussion, they would feel open to share their own ideas and contributions to the DAO. Unfortunately that isn’t what takes place right now. In fact, I would be willing to bet that 50%+ of people who join never get involved because of the lack of a simple, informational onboarding process.

Thank you for being here and being active! I hope to see you participate as we build this as a community :purple_heart:

5 Likes

@BojangleGuy has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

For French, I will help you for that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the mention @adventurousape.
Of course, if you need any help @BojangleGuy let me know. Glad to help :blush:

3 Likes

We totally need that !!!

2 Likes

Much appreciated!! I will reach out!

2 Likes

This will be very help for new joiner like me!

2 Likes