AIP-251: ApeCoin DAO 101: The Ultimate Guide For ApeCoin DAO Newcomers

Hi @BojangleGuy,

It’s a splendid idea to boost the onboarding experience for newcomers in the ApeCoin DAO. However, we need to devise a sound strategy to bring it to fruition. Here are a few factors we should take into account:

1. Let’s narrow down the focus to two languages initially, and determine which ones the DAO wants to prioritize.
  2. Once approved, this AIP will compel all authors to incorporate these selected markets in their proposals. For instance, if a vote for co-working spaces arises, it must feature the chosen markets. Similarly, AIPs by @Harry or @zheerwagen will need to translate the website into the chosen languages. You can based on this AIP to ask for bigger fund that will help those AIPs with resources, as well.
  3. It’s wise to employ language moderators for these communities. Much like when setting up a new iPhone, one selects a language, sets it up, and gets an iPhone set in their language. Similarly, after following the guidelines, a member will get their DAO discourse or AIPs in their preferred language.

As we know, clear and concise instructional materials are crucial, especially for those unfamiliar with a DAO. Let’s hope that the community will come together to contribute their thoughts and feedback to create an exceptional guide.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

1 Like

I totally agree with you, for beginners this could be very hard!

3 Likes

Welcome to the ApeCoin DAO @apemark ! I completely agree with your suggestion to simplify and organize our resources like Discord, Discourse, Twitter, and the website for easier access by newcomers. That’s what @Vulkan is working on, and I about to help on automation process.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

4 Likes

HUGE fan of this initiative - and based on your engagement in Discord / on Twitter I to see you’re at the helm @BojangleGuy

my key question / light push is around where this ‘lives’:

1. Maybe you’ve already scoped this, but Discourse feels like it would be clunky relative to the functionality / usability you desire here
  2. In corporate onboarding environments typically wiki type tooling is used, there’s some ‘systems’ cost involved, but could be worth scoping
  3. Alternatively, depending on how often this needs to be updated maybe this could be maintained as part of apecoin.com through access to a website builder like a Wix to keep cost low?

Apologies if there’s been more scoping/thinking on this piece I’m missing in comments or other convos, excited to see this move forward1

5 Likes

Hey @zheerwagen thanks for the feedback here!

It is still a bit up in the air of where this will live. As you probably read in the proposal we are asking that we get a link added to apecoin.com. That link would either direct to discourse or a simple landing page. I think the main focus right now is just getting this AIP passed so we can get the guide out as soon as possible and not worrying to much about where it lives right off the bat.

Rest assured we will make this TOP NOTCH:)

4 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have no further questions for @BojangleGuy. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

I really liked your idea and I agree with everything you said, I’m new to the APECoin WGO discord and I feel lost, I feel like it’s a lot of information scattered in several places but little by little I will understand

5 Likes

This post is an excellent initiative for new members of ApeCoin DAO who may be unfamiliar with the Snapshot and Discourse systems. The lack of instructional materials can lead to confusion and low participation, which can be detrimental to the DAO’s success. The proposal to create a comprehensive onboarding guide is a great idea, and the use of infographics, videos, FAQ, and live training sessions will make it easier for new members to navigate and engage with the DAO. The proposal to translate the content into different languages and add a “learn more” button to apecoin.com is also a great way to increase accessibility. Overall, this proposal is a step in the right direction towards improving the onboarding experience and attracting top talent and builders in the Web3 space.

4 Likes

This is super helpful to newcomers!

3 Likes

Great job on this @BojangleGuy :muscle: :muscle:

Apologies on my late comments!

Wasn’t able to post!!

Lets go!!!

AC

4 Likes

Great idea that deservedly won the idea-a-thon. I read this will be a collective effort. I’m a technical guy, so happy to help if there are tasks in that area.

4 Likes

^^ What it’s all about right there… Built by the community for the community.

Gotta love it.

AC

5 Likes

Would love all the help we can get. DM me on discord BojangleGuy#1198

4 Likes

This is very necessary and something that I wish we all had of acted on a lot sooner. I love all the ideas on content and community involvement e.g. Infographics, video and live training sessions etc. What I am wondering is if we can improve this such that the DAO provides a grant to create a true web3 style wiki platform where contributors can be rewarded for their content through $APE based on (1) the content (2) its relevance/popularity via reviews.
Having a system where the community can build content out quickly and simultaneously, using the wisdom of the membership and incentives through voting/relevance of that content feels like a great way to decentralise the content build in line with the objectives of the DAO

4 Likes

GM @BojangleGuy! Big good luck to this amazing initiative!

I’ve personally been an Apecoin holder for few months now, and have alreay worked with the DAO a bit because of Boring Security, but TBH I only considered myself really in the ApecoinDAO once I owned my own Yuga asset + held $ape. (Not quite sure if I was technically already part of the DAO the moment I help $APE… might be something to incorporate in your content? Anyways!)

I knew a bit about Discourse, but never actively used it the way I do Discord. An onboarding guide would 1000% be helpful. If you need eyes to go thru content and give feedback on how newcomer-friendly it is, let me know! I do a lot of infographics and design too, so would love to support this.

:hearts: shotgun.tobi

8 Likes

Are you going to do it in just English or some other languages that we have in community ? I could help in some if thats the case

4 Likes

Minor request – I love that this won’t only be a quickly-whipped up PDF. However, if there could be a PDF quick start guide, I personally would have loved to have found one – perhaps that could be part of it?

Cheers, DCJ

3 Likes

We will do it in as many languages as possible!

4 Likes

There will for sure be a easy to understand QuickStart guide!

4 Likes

Happy to ear that let me know if you need help, i have knowledge in portuguese, spanish and french

3 Likes