AIP-277: Re-evaluating ApeCoin DAO Special Council Salaries Structure

Thanks for the response. All clear now. I suppose once the remaining stewards are selected you will update the graphic to include the salaries? For completeness, mostly.

No problem. I will continue to keep this updated as new members are elected.

1 Like

@Vulkan I can’t find the RFP that covered the $75K to Webslinger team. Do you have a link?

I am also curious as to why this isn’t up for vote yet, seeing as it’s been going on for over a month and half now. I am new around here, so I may have missed something. ty

1 Like

@SmartAPE here is the RFP that was done to select the new Administrator back in February.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yikes, we’re paying Webslinger $900K per year for this?

Continuing the discussion from Request for Proposal: Cayman Islands Administrator for the APE Foundation:

We see very little posted on the official Twitter account. Seems a wasted opportunity to grow new holders and engage further with current holders. Why is this?

1 Like

The goal here was/is to transition this task into working groups. Working Group Zero and the Governance Working Group have coordinated some things to be posted via the Twitter account but we are still lacking clear guidelines and procedures around it.

If AIP-246 were to pass, one of the main roles of that Marketing and Communications Working Group would be to handle this role.

All statements and opinions are my own, not on behalf of the Ape Foundation.

2 Likes

No oversight, no audits, no accountability at all levels.

1 Like

Still in review with the Special Council. If all goes well it should be up to vote soon.

1 Like

thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Pleasure @Mr.and89. For accountability purposes the Team at webslinger (the ones that manage the legal contracts with the Special Council and the whole DAO) reached out to me asking for a call on Google Meets this Thursday at 10 Am EST.

Because previous contracts where in place and signed, and this proposal if passed aims to change those contracts, they wanna clarify a few things. Hopefully they won’t have any legal loops in place to prevent a change in those contracts, so that this AIP can go up to vote.

4 Likes

I really hope that these contracts can be revised regarding the amount of salaries.

2 Likes

Likewise! There has to also be more transparency of everything going on and being worked on.

3 Likes

Months ago at the end of 2022 I proposed an AIP called “Establishing Accountability Practices” I dropped it because I was told that the Special Council would’ve been more accountable (and I believe thay have, like showing up on spaces and talking about what’s going on behind the scenes etc…) but if the community stil feels like we need more transparency, then I might work on that AIP once again and let the community decide what’s best.

3 Likes

@Moonlyght
I’m sorry, but who are you? And why are they calling you about this? I am new around here and your handle isn’t familiar to me, nor do I see you in any of the leadership resources that I have seen thus far. Isn’t this something for the Special Council - or even @Vulkan, the DAO secretary?

Contracts can be amended, modified, canceled etc. Happens all the time.

I would like to be in on the call if the Special Council permits it. Through my companies, and having done contracts with various companies big and small, I have extensive knowledge of contracts, legal issues etc. and would be able to better understand whatever it is comes up.

Also, having read the Webslinger pitch/proposal, it seems to me that the DAO still needs an attorney here in the US. That attorney can then co-ordinate with Webslingers (off-shore) as-needed.

2 Likes

All things considered, I believe that now is the time to resurrect that AIP.

2 Likes

Yeah, but a whole month and a half? Why? Seriously, why?

1 Like

Who am I? LOL. A community member like you. We don’t need to be on a “leadership” position to change things around here, you just need an idea and execute on it with prposing an AIP.

Also this call it’s not a big deal, it’s just to clarify the proposal before going up to vote.

Glad to have you here in the DAO with your expertise and knowledge!

2 Likes

The reasoning behind that I was given was that Special Council elections were running and that took some of their time apparently.

I see. Well, that’s even more concerning because if any member can just up and take calls with a vendor, bizdev partner etc. what do we need [paid] leadership positions for?

And more to the point, why are they scheduling to speak with you and not just any other member - or even one of the people in leadership positions? Or even the DAO secretary. That’s why I was asking who you were because I just assumed that you were in some previous or present leadership position that I may not be aware of.

And I’m pretty sure that we need leadership positions to change some core things around here - aside from the AIPs which are community driven.

Perhaps @Vulkan can better explain this to me because I’m probably missing something.

1 Like