AIP-344: 🏆 Moving gallery for the DAO

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Victortacher has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

1. Aside from Paseo Interlomas, in which other events, galleries, or locations do these sculptures plan to be displayed?

This is our main focus right now. We are in contact with some private galleries (General Primm, Bicentenario, Ex Fabrica, Los Pinos, and more), UNAM (the largest university in Latin America, funded by the Mexican government but operating autonomously), and the Muac museum. Initially, we are selecting locations within the same city. Most are very receptive to the idea so far, although we are having trouble obtaining any confirmation as the works of art do not exist yet. Additionally, on the 17th, I’m flying to Vegas to visit JRNY Gallery, an NFT gallery associated with a prominent BAYC/DAO member, to see if they are interested in eventually hosting our exhibition there too. The shopping malls here in Mexico City are also excellent places. They attract thousands of daily visitors and regularly showcase art pieces that end up in museums, a strategy successfully employed by Menchaca Studio. We are considering Paseo Interlomas, Mítikah, Centro Santa Fe, Garden Santa Fe, and Plaza Samara.

These Menchaca Studio art pieces have now been to multiple museums. Here you can see them in Mítikah.

We want the AIP to remain in draft process until we make additional research and outreach to the locations.

2. How do you plan to communicate the gallery’s display schedule with the community?

Display schedules are planned to be relatively long, at least 4 months at each location. Upon confirmation of a location, we will make an announcement. Now that you mention it, it would be great if ApeCoin DAO helps announce it on its socials. Although the main objective of this AIP is to attract people to the DAO who are outside of Web3.

3. You’ve stated that “The first year of exhibition is already planned and ideally the gallery should be in exhibition at all times. In the event that this does not happen, I can hold on to them for an extra year without a fee.” In the event that these pieces are only on display for a portion of the year, at what point would the Foundation be responsible for taking custody of the pieces?

The foundation can be responsible for taking custody after 2 years of the execution of this AIP. The two alternatives are as follows:

• Raffle the pieces to the ApeCoin DAO members who voted in this AIP. This process should be randomized and fairly simple.
  • The team will gladly continue operating the moving gallery, placing another AIP to continue doing so after those 2 years.

4. As “the moving gallery will be accompanied with educational information,” what information do you plan to share with the audience, and in what format?

We are thinking of including some short educational information that will come on a plaque next to the sculptures. Additionally, there will be a QR code that leads to a video about the ApeCoin DAO; this video should be a short 1-3 minute video. I’m unsure whether this video already exists or not. Information should be short and easy to understand to maintain engagement.

5. Will the ApeCoin community have any input on which BAYC/MAYC are selected to be sculpted?

If there is a simple way to do so, then yes. If not, it’s best if we make the curation directly and ask permission from the owners. In case the DAM collection from AIP 304 allows us to use the apes they will acquire, then using those apes is the best choice as they are already curating apes for Museums.

6. Given the Brand Guidelines published in AIP-291, how do you intend to portray six different versions of the ApeCoin logo with these Guidelines in mind?

Yes, guidelines will be followed. It’s important to note that those are 2D guidelines, and we will be working on physical pieces. The first Ape Skull will be the original one, and the others will have minor derivations like color, materials, and presentation, with the objective of making the gallery more engaging and entertaining. We are taking inspiration from Mexicraneos moving gallery.

7. How do you plan to measure the success of this moving gallery?

QR codes provide real-time analytic reports. These include the number of scans, location, unique scans, and engagement reports such as time on site, page views, and bounce rate.

8. Do you provide consent to share these questions and answers with the community in this forum?

Yes of course!

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

4 Likes

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

We have no further questions for @Victortacher. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

I dig this. Let’s start with the obvious which is that the production level of the works you’ve done to date are on par (I checked comments and feedback on Twitter). Really great stuff.

The traveling art/statue exhibit is a classic way to stir exposure in a visceral way and I especially loved the idea of putting them in shopping centers, which I’ve seen so many times in my travels but it never quite registered for me until now how effective that is. I know of at several [big] shopping centers in the Middle East that may be willing to play ball here (since they do it often) if you ever make it out this far. Though I’m not sure how it works on the business level i.e. do they volunteer to display your stuff or do you have to pay for it? And if so, how much / where will that come from? Just curious.

If this passes, I’m willing to contribute my company’s tech free of charge which can enable visitors to the exhibit to receive special rewards/experiences to further encourage mainstreamers to go check it out and learn about ApeCoin. Up to Victor if he wants to take me up on that, open offer.

Last, but certainly not least, how can we not love an author who prices his APECOIN proposal in APECOIN?

The opportunity-cost ratio is very favorable here.

I’ll be voting FOR.

3 Likes

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

3 Likes

This proposal is live for vote on Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

2 Likes

I own art and moving art around the world is very expensive, also if the item has a valuation attached there are all kinds of tax implications for importing.

Have you considered these issues?

1 Like

Yes. I’ve exported all kind of art all around the globe for my clients. Also, the proposal is to have it first in Mexico City for at least a year and then chose a single other country to do so, probably the US. It’s not supposed to move country to country every now and then. This would not be efficient.

1 Like

Also half of the designs are planned out to be disassemble and super flat :heart_eyes:. Hard to explain now but a lot of though has been put into what you’re saying.

And, to my knowledge, the images in the AIP itself include several shots of Paseo Interlomas, highlighting the size and scope of the venue itself. I’m sure @Victortacher could describe in greater detail than me, if necessary.

1 Like

Intrigued by the vision outlined in this AIP! Turning the DAO into a dynamic art gallery is a creative way to bridge the digital and physical worlds. The focus on high-profile locations and real-time analytics is a strategic move, ensuring not just visibility but measurable impact. Bravo to the DAO for pushing the boundaries of community engagement through the fusion of art and technology! :+1:

2 Likes

wow artwork is amazing !! I wish you the best you are so talented

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been approved.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Rejected AIPs subcategory.

-@Facilitators