AIP-344: 🏆 Moving gallery for the DAO

PROPOSAL NAME: :trophy: Moving Gallery for the DAO

PROPOSAL CATEGORY: Ecosystem Fund Allocation

ABSTRACT
Establishing a moving gallery for the DAO, showcasing art sculptures of the ApeCoin logo, the DAO’s mascot, and selected Yuga Assets. The primary goal is to engage and adopt a broader audience beyond web3 through exhibitions at galleries, high-end shopping centers, museums and future DAO events, while also offering educational content. Success will be measured through real-time analytics provided by QR codes, including scan numbers, locations, unique scans, page views and more.

Note: none of these art pieces will be used. These are references for our past works.

AUTHOR’S PAST WORKS
None of these art pieces will be used. These are references for our past works.

AUTHOR’S DESCRIPTION
I am Victor Tacher with a passion for art, culture and sculptures. I run an art studio and we have been working tirelessly for 2 years for Yuga’s community and will love to do it for the DAO now. Obsessively focused on getting the volumetric work to the finest details and to bring them to life with the highest quality possible.

TEAM DESCRIPTION
Our team is a multidisciplinary group of 8 experienced professionals. Our team members include:

TEAM

• Joel Monroy: A skilled sculptor artisan with over 9 years of expertise in sculpting, molding, and casting, complemented by a digital artistry background in modeling, animation, and rendering.
  • Pedro Matsugua: A Wixarika artisan with more than 35 years of specialized knowledge in Wixarika techniques, serving as a dedicated project manager for the Wixarika people, an Indigenous community.
  • Javier Silva: A stonemason boasting 30 years of experience in stonecutting and masonry, demonstrating exceptional craftsmanship.
  • Fariba Naraghian: An urban artist manager with a distinguished track record spanning more than two decades. Notable collaborations include renowned brands such as Adidas, Topochico, and SEAT.
  • Julia Best: An accomplished art director with a decade of experience in set design, contributing to high-profile projects including SuperBowl commercials and productions for prominent entities like Vix, Amazon Prime, and Netflix.
  • Daniel Rossainz: A seasoned decorator with over a decade of involvement in the film industry, offering a keen eye for aesthetics and design.
  • Daniela Barreal: An assistant in design production, providing valuable support within creative and production processes.

MOTIVATION
We believe these art sculptures will serve as a powerful symbol for the DAO and Yuga’s community, while drawing more individuals into the DAO. Our passion lies in creating works of art that have lasting cultural impact.

RATIONALE
The DAO will inevitably be physically present for awareness or educational purposes at a myriad of events in the future like conferences, exhibitions, museums, galleries, apefests and more. Art is needed at those events for the following reasons:

1. Immediate Impact: Visuals grab attention quickly.
  2. Memorability: People remember what they see.
  3. Storytelling: Visuals convey complex ideas effectively.
  4. Universal Language: Understandable across languages.
  5. Emotional Connection: Evokes feelings and engagement.
  6. Credibility: Professional visuals build trust.
  7. Demonstration: Shows how your project works.
  8. Brand Recognition: Reinforces your project’s identity.
  9. Competition: Helps your project stand out.
  10. Engagement: Encourages interaction.

BENEFIT TO THE APECOIN ECOSYSTEM
The inclusion of a moving gallery and art sculptures will bolster the ApeCoin ecosystem’s cultural impact. Their strategic use will increase awareness of the $APE ecosystem and the DAO beyond Web3. The moving gallery will also feature educational content, and success will be quantified. For more information, please continue reading in the section titled “What strategy will the team use?”

SPECIFICATIONS
Art sculpture pieces:
6 (60cm/2ft) different Apecoin Skulls
1 (100cm/3ft) Apecoin DAO Mascot from AIP 289
5 (60cm/2ft) Life-size BAYC/MAYC busts
1 (190cm/6ft) Full body BAYC/MAYC

Where will they be exhibited?
While this aspect remains a work in progress, our initial focus is on locations within Mexico City, where the sculptures will be crafted. Mexico City’s metropolitan area, with a population of 21.2 million, stands as the largest in the western hemisphere. With its flourishing crypto and blockchain community, the city emerges as an enticing hub for raising awareness about the Apecoin DAO. After Mexico City, the US seems like the next ideal location. A gallery like JRNY NFT Gallery in Las Vegas cannot be missed.

What strategy will the team use?
We’ll implement a proven and highly successful strategy employed by Menchaca Studio and many others, commencing with high-end shopping centers. These centers offer a remarkable return on investment, attracting thousands of daily visitors and frequently showcasing art pieces that later find their way into museums. Among the options we’re considering are Paseo Interlomas, Mítikah, Centro Santa Fe, Garden Santa Fe, and Plaza Samara. To illustrate, Paseo Interlomas, for instance, sees around 50,000 daily visitors and has already agreed to host our exhibit for a period ranging from 6 months to a year.

Here are some Menchaca Studio art pieces in MĂ­tikah and Paseo Interlomas, several of which have made their way to multiple museums.

The second phase involves hosting the moving gallery in private galleries or public spaces. Initiating their display in high-end shopping centers will provide a help with this, drawing inspiration from the successful strategies employed by other studios. We’ve reached out to places like General Primm, Bicentenario, Ex-Fabrica de Harina, Los Pinos, and others, all of which have shown enthusiasm for the idea. However, we’re currently limited in our progress as the art pieces are yet to be created.

The third phase involves exploring opportunities in museums. Although we have initiated inquiries with them, it is premature to provide specific details at this stage.

How do you plan to measure the success of this moving gallery?
We’ll measure success through real-time analytics from QR codes, monitoring scan counts, locations, unique scans, and page views. Plaques near the sculptures will present concise educational content, with a QR code providing access to a 1-3 minute video about the ApeCoin DAO. This information is designed to be brief and easily comprehensible, ensuring engagement. We’re using proven methods that have succeeded for other moving galleries.

Here’s another instance of an art sculpture at Mítikah, an upscale shopping center, employing the same effective approach. You’ll find short and stylish information, along with a QR code.

How do you intend to portray six different versions of the ApeCoin logo? Will you follow the Brand Guidelines published in AIP-29?
Certainly, the guidelines will be followed. It’s important to emphasize that these guidelines are primarily for 2D purposes, whereas our focus is on physical pieces. The Ape Skull will remain true to the original, while subsequent iterations will feature slight variations in aspects such as color, materials, and presentation. This approach is aimed at enhancing the gallery’s appeal and entertainment value. Our inspiration is drawn from the Mexicraneos moving gallery.

This highly successful moving gallery has welcomed over 5 million visitors, participated in two international expositions, and has now become a city landmark. We plan to have the same success.

Which BAYC/MAYC will be used?
We can curate them from active DAO members who voted on this proposal. Alternatively, we can use Yuga assets acquired by DAM’s team from AIP 304, if they allow it, as they are curating apes for museums.

Who owns them?
After 2 years, ownership can transition at no cost to a future DAO AIP, the DAM team from AIP 304, or our team can continue management through a new AIP if the DAO desires. Alternatively, they can be raffled for free among the active DAO members who voted in this AIP. This process should be fair and simple.

Where will they be stored?
No storage is required, as the moving gallery will remain in constant exhibition. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the team can store it without any fees.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE
The art pieces will be made in 4 months:

1. Creating the internal steel frames - 1 week
  2. Sculpting and modeling - 1 months
  3. Adding high definition textures - 1 months 2 weeks
  4. Painting the art pieces with various methods, including airbrushing - 1 month
  5. Fabricating the granite bases & protections - 2 weeks
  6. Fabricating the steel reinforcements - 1 week
  7. Fabricating the masterpiece parcels - 2 weeks

OVERALL COST:
Steps from (1-2) 33,867 Apecoin
Steps from (3-4) 35,484 Apecoin
Steps (5-7) 19,226 Apecoin

TOTAL: 88,577 Apecoin

14 Likes

THIS is the most AIPest of all AIP ideas <3
Good luck ser o7

4 Likes

Glad to see you submit this Victor

Art is culture and art pieces about art is double culture, lets go… got my vote

7 Likes

The artwork is amazing, good to see you working alongside existing AIPs

4 Likes

Amazing work, Victor Tacher and team! I am extremely passionate and a collector of 3D printed dolls and these are of superior quality and super realistic. The pieces proposed for the ApeCoin DAO promise a lasting cultural impact and I simply loved it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I love this idea.

This is the best part that I love it.
We need a big impact for mainstream public

Let’s see the response of DAO

3 Likes

Hi @Victortacher,

Your attention to detail and high-end in your work is truly commendable. If I understand correctly, your AIP seeks funding to create the following art pieces:

10 (50cm/2ft) different Apecoin Skulls
1 (50cm/2ft) Apecoin DAO Mascot from AIP 289
1 (150m/5ft) Apecoin DAO Mascot from AIP 289
1 (60cm/2ft) Apecoin DAO Bust
15 (60cm/2ft) BAYC life-size busts from AIP 304
1 (190cm/6ft) Full body BAYC from AIP 304

I’d like to offer some considerations as to why your AIP might want to wait:

1. ApeCoin DAO hasn’t officially requested these assets yet. It would be prudent to coordinate with the Marketing Working Group, which will probably will discuss and determine the “infrastructure” assets needed for ongoing events, once the working group will approve their budget and have their gantt.

2. You mentioned AIP-304, which received funding for the DAO to acquire Yuga Assets and other notable NFTs. Are you planning to offer these assets for sale to the DAM DAO? It’s important to keep in mind that any such acquisition typically requires a formal proposal within the DAM DAO for approval. Have you considered what would happen if the proposal were not to pass?

3. Questions about ownership, rights, storage & usage. Is it going to be store in your warehouse? what is the storage fee for it? what is the cost for shipping when the DAO will use it? It’s not clear to me and may concern Marketing Working Group future Stewards.

4. While the assets you propose could benefit the DAO in various ways, it’s essential to evaluate whether ALL these pieces are currently necessary. It’s possible that the DAM team may consider running a gallery that includes these assets, but no operational plans exist yet, especially for physical assets representing digital art.

I want to emphasize that YOU and your TEAM clearly possess immense talent, and your contributions to the ApeCoin DAO are highly valued. IMO we’re lucky to have you offering your services and expertise in $APE. However, I believe that the demand for this particular idea may not align with the current circumstances.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

3 Likes

Woah this is super cool! Amazing talent here.

1 Like
  1. At the beginning I plan to exhibit them in various places with educational info about the DAO, maybe I should add this in the idea. That’s why I already have the specific pieces in mind. Also happy to add interested people into the idea if they want to help to manage and exhibit them.

2. No, I cannot sell them as they will not be mine. I can hold on to them without a fee and can transfer ownership at any time to another AIP or to the DAM collection or to the DAO.

3. Yes it can be stored in my warehouse without a fee for 2 years. Shipping depends on the destination it is shipped to. As an example, if a 2ft bust is shipped from Mexico City to the US, the rate to ship it with DHL by air will be around 200USD.

4. I’m flexible regarding the quantity of pieces. What’s important is to have the ability to replicate these pieces and having the designs readily available for future use. The initial creation of the first piece is the most challenging aspect of the process.

Hi @Victortacher,

Your topic would be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Victortacher,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Victortacher, please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Victortacher has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Glad to see this artwork. It s really amazing

1 Like

Incredible work. One way or another, I need one of these in my office.

2 Likes

What incredible detail, it’s excellent. How much time does 1 job take, and how many people are involved in its creation?

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Victortacher’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

It varies upon the complexity of the design, size, the number of people working on it and the talent of said people. To give you an idea, my first 2ft bust took me 5 months. The greatest challenge is arriving at the perfect volumetric proportion and then finding out how to execute the textures with a lot of ingenuity.

Now, it takes about 1 month with the right people on the job :slightly_smiling_face:. For a 2ft bust, 4-6 people work on it at different stages. Some are good at sculpting, some at finding the textures and some at painting.

1 Like

I was impressed, very beautiful arts.

3 Likes