AIP-291: Approve and Publish ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines v1.1 on apecoin.com

Following discussion on discourse

PROPOSAL BY: Mister Hype

PROPOSAL NAME: AIP-291: Approve and Publish ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines

PROPOSAL CATEGORY: Brand Decision

ABSTRACT:

This proposal aims to approve and publish the ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines (“The Guidelines" / "Guidelines”) on the official website, apecoin.com . The community is requested to commit to these guidelines to ensure consistent and effective utilization of ApeCoin DAO’s core brand elements. The Guidelines been review and approved by the Ape Foundation, which holds the ApeCoin Marks on behalf of the ApeCoin DAO, and is responsible for administering these guidelines to protect the value of the marks for all ApeCoin DAO members. Lastly create and operate “trademarks@apecoin.com” for specific questions regarding The Brand Guidelines.

AUTHOR DESCRIPTION:

I am Mr. Hype, an enthusiastic member of the ApeCoin community dedicated to fostering inclusivity and driving community growth. Within the ApeCoin DAO, I actively contribute by streamlining proposals and integrating valuable feedback to ensure optimal success. My professional expertise lies in establishing and expanding early-stage media and technology ventures. With a solid background in law, I have accumulated five years of experience providing legal counsel in infrastructure sectors, including green energy, water, communications (5G), and natural gas. Notably, I served as a legal advisor for The Quarry Rehabilitation Fund, overseeing multimillion-dollar valuation executions, shaping long-term policies, and actively collaborating with the public sector to ensure democratic laws and implementation strategies.

About the web3 landscape, I have dedicated the past two years full-time to web3 endeavors. As CEO of an NFT investment DAO, I meticulously analyze market trends and possess in-depth insights into blockchain technology from a programming standpoint.

My educational qualifications include an LL.B and B.A. from Reichman University, specializing in Finances and Risk Management. Presently, I take pride in my role as the creator of The Pixelated Apes and the visionary founder of PixeLabs DAO.

In short, The Diamond Handed Zombie :fire: :man_zombie:

MOTIVATION:

The implementation of The Guidelines will establish a unified and professional brand identity for ApeCoin DAO. By adhering to these guidelines, community members can effectively represent the DAO’s values and enhance recognition and trust among community.

RATIONALE:

Having consistent and well-defined brand guidelines ensures that all community members present a cohesive image and message to the public. By publishing these guidelines and committing to them, we align with the DAO’s mission of transparency, professionalism, and inclusivity.

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:

Consistent and Professional Brand Identity

By implementing these brand guidelines, all community members and initiatives associated with ApeCoin DAO will adhere to a consistent and professional brand identity.

Brand Protection and Integrity

The guidelines set strict rules to prevent the misuse or alteration of the ApeCoin logo and other brand assets.

SPECIFICATIONS:

The Guidelines cover the following aspects:

1. Logo usage and specifications;

2. Spacing requirements around the logo;

3. Color guidelines for the logo;

4. Rules to prevent misuse of the logo;

5. Legal aspects and terms of use.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT:

1. Create a new email “trademarks@apecoin.com” by Ape Foundation and set responsibility.

2. Publish the approved the guidelines on apecoin.com , making it accessible to the community.

3. Communicate the publication of the guidelines to the community through official channels.

TIMELINE:

Milestone #1: End of Q3 2023

1. Create a new email “trademarks@apecoin.com” by Ape Foundation and set responsibility.

2. Publish the approved the guidelines on apecoin.com and official channels.

APECOIN DAO BRAND GUIDELINES

OVERALL COST: 0 $APE

• The brand guidelines have already been created by community members and been approved by The Ape Foundation as part of their ongoing responsibilities.

• The Ape Foundation will address any questions or concerns, requiring no additional financial resources.

4 Likes

Hey MH,

I think I may have asked this previously, or maybe I’m just hallucinating - but how does this work with the Marketing & Communications Working Group?

Specifically this deliverable:

Could a Working Group’s collective effort be a deeper value-add to the community over a single AIP?

Just a question for everyone.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

5 Likes

Hi @ssp1111,

Thank you for raising this question, I’m sorry but I didn’t saw/remember it, it’s seem it fit to that group. Let me explain how we got to this AIP.

We had a convo on discord about press kit which should be update but @gerry mentioned it’s on work while brand guidelines “desperately needed”.

I’m executer, from that point I just created the brand guidelines, as I understood we have gap to cover, and ask for feedback from community - ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines - any last comments before get it to DAO aip?

This is how it’s become an AIP. Do you think we should stop the process and wait for marketing group to start working on it?

-Mr. Hype :fire:

3 Likes

Hi @MisterHype,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris

1 Like

This seems super useful! Definitely a must.

1 Like

Hi @Chris.Admin,

We can move to AIP Draft stage, we do need to change few slides and I need to reply feedback from the community which I’m going to do on AIP Draft stage. But I believe the idea approve as well with the previous conversation in discourse.

1 Like

Hi @Directivecreator,

Thank you. Please let me know what do you think we should edit/add.

I thought also create the design for announcements.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @MisterHype,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @MisterHype please see your messages for the next steps.

-Chris

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@MisterHype has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

1 Like

Thank you @Chris.Admin

1 Like

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

1 Like

We have no further questions for @MisterHype. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @MisterHype is ready for vote under AIP-291. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

This proposal is live for vote on Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 99.96% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-291: Approve and Publish ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines v1.1 on apecoin.com, and further updates will be posted.

Thanks,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

As of 2024-02-06T08:00:00Z, this proposal has successfully completed all self-imposed milestones, and the APE Foundation has fulfilled all outstanding expectations.

This AIP is now fully Implemented.

Follow this proposal under its AIP Transparency and Execution Category entry, Implementation Update | AIP-291: Approve and Publish ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines v1.1 on apecoin.com, where further updates will be posted.

Regards,
-@Facilitators