AIP-329: Official ApeCoin DAO Booth at Animoca Brands Event in HK (Apefest)

PROPOSAL BY: Mister Hype :fire:

PROPOSAL NAME: Official ApeCoin DAO Booth at Animoca Brands Event in HK (Apefest)

PROPOSAL CATEGORY: Ecosystem Fund Allocation

ABSTRACT:

Apefest is set to take place in Hong Kong, organized by Yuga Labs. This proposal aims to establish and operate Official ApeCoin DAO Booth in HK during Apefest, participate in the upcoming Animoca Brands event, Co-hosting Mocaverse and EliteApes. This booth will serve as an educational and networking platform, strategically aligned with the Apefest, to deepen connections, exchange knowledge, and contribute to the vibrant Web3 community.

AUTHOR DESCRIPTION:

I am Mr. Hype, an enthusiastic member of the ApeCoin community dedicated to fostering inclusivity and driving community growth. Within the ApeCoin DAO, I actively contribute by streamlining proposals and integrating valuable feedback to ensure optimal success, and the lead author of AIP-259: Language and Market Focus for ApeCoin DAO in 2024-2025, and AIP-291: Approve and Publish ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines v1.1 on apecoin.com. My professional expertise lies in establishing and expanding early-stage media and technology ventures. With a solid background in law, I have accumulated five years of experience providing legal counsel in infrastructure sectors, including green energy, water, communications (5G), and natural gas. Notably, I served as a legal advisor for The Quarry Rehabilitation Fund, overseeing multimillion-dollar valuation executions, shaping long-term policies, and actively collaborating with the public sector to ensure democratic laws and implementation strategies.

About the web3 landscape, I have dedicated the past two years full-time to web3 endeavors. As CEO of an NFT investment DAO, I meticulously analyze market trends and possess in-depth insights into blockchain technology from a programming standpoint.

My educational qualifications include an LL.B and B.A. from Reichman University, specializing in Finances and Risk Management. Presently, I take pride in my role as the creator of The Pixelated Apes and the visionary founder of PixeLabs DAO.

In short, The Diamond Handed Zombie :fire: :man_zombie:

MOTIVATION:

Our motivation stems from the desire to expand ApeCoin DAO’s reach in Hong Kong. By establishing the ApeCoin DAO Booth, we seek to showcase the tangible utilities of $APE, foster meaningful connections, and ignite meaningful discussions around the evolution of Web3 technologies.

RATIONALE:

Participating in the Animoca Brands event aligns with our mission to drive Web3 adoption. It allows us to educate, collaborate, and strengthen our position as innovators in the Web3 space.

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:

Securing an official booth benefits the ApeCoin ecosystem by increasing our visibility in the Hong Kong Web3 community. It fosters knowledge exchange, Animoca Brands’ networking, and collaboration, ultimately driving greater adoption of ApeCoin.

By providing an official booth for knowledge exchange, networking, and collaboration, this summit contributes to a more connected, informed, and empowered Web3 community, thereby catalyzing further adoption of ApeCoin.

SPECIFICATIONS:

A Booth will be strategically located within the event. We will design it to showcase ApeCoin DAO process, include the approval AIPs, and its contributions to the Web3 ecosystem. In addition to it we will design Apekin mascot costume to be engage with the in the event, which will be transferred to Marketing & Communication Working Group for future events (AIP-289).

Venue: Will be announced by Animoca Brands
Sponsor include:

• Logo presence on photo backdrop
  • PR and Social mentions
  • Priority ticket allocation
  • Marketing Campaign Activations

Clarification: Any cost beyond sponsorship fee are not remitted to Animoca Brands.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT:

Phase 1 (OCT 2023)
  1. Booth Booking and Logistics

2. Booth Marketing and Promotion

3. Team arrive HK organizing booth and marketing operation

Note: If we are unable to produce the Mascot costume due to a time limit, the author of the AIP reserves the right not to produce it, and this must be notified up to two weeks after the approval of the AIP to Ape Foundation.

Phase 2 (NOV 2023)
  1. Booth is live

TIMELINE:

Milestone #1: OCT 2023
  1. Booth Booking and Logistics

2. Booth Marketing and Promotion

3. Team arrive HK organizing booth and marketing operation

Milestone #2: NOV 2023
  1. Booth is live

OVERALL COST:

Total Proposed Funding: 94,500~ $APE, $105,000.00 USD

2 Likes

Can you give more details on the marketing?

• What type of marketing
  • who will be involved
  • how will it be done
  • when & how long will this last
  • how much will it cost
  • how will it be coordinated to what Yuga will be doing

great news, it’s a pity that Hong Kong is far away) Will there be any possibility of online participation?))

Where will this booth be located? To my understanding Apecoin things during that time can be community led and separate-- but cannot be a part of the official Yuga led events.

Please specify more details regarding this plan for a booth/presence in HK to clear up any confusion.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hope there will be location closer to ny one for once so I can visit ApeFest.

More details required here, though.

Also, Yuga will be there. So why do we need another booth presence?

Hi @MisterHype ,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi @MisterHype ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @MisterHype please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hello @lilchichi.eth,

The AIP is currently in draft form and should provide answers to your queries. My apologies for not sharing the complete information earlier; I needed to finalize the details with Animoca Brands.

After reviewing it, do you have any further questions or require additional clarification?

-Mr. Hype :fire:

Hello @SeraStargirl,

The AIP is currently in draft form and should provide answers to your queries. My apologies for not sharing the complete information earlier; I needed to finalize the details with Animoca Brands.

After reviewing it, do you have any further questions or require additional clarification?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@MisterHype has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

Our team has reviewed and discussed @MisterHype 's AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

@MisterHype has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the steps and elaborate on how it is expected to work.

The Ape Foundation will not actively participate in the AIP implementation. Their role will be limited to signing requests using the brand, in accordance with the approved Brand Guidelines.

1. How will the success of the proposed initiatives be measured and evaluated?

The success of this proposal will be gauged through two key parameters: firstly, by effectively marketing the DAO during Apefest in Hong Kong, and secondly, by creating a lasting positive impression in Hong Kong through various initiatives that aim to attract new community members.

1. Could you please provide a brief description of your team?

Our team will be drawn from the ApeCoin DAO community, including
Chinese speakers. Many operational aspects, such as designs and booth production, will be outsourced. The booth team will be well-prepared to explain the DAO’s mission, past AIPs, and processes. Mister Hype will be present at the booth throughout the event to ensure a smooth & professional onboarding experience.

1. Can you please share further details about the Animoca event, such as dates, times, location, and the event website?

Details about the Animoca Brands event are currently under confidential discussions. We expect to unveil more information once Animoca Brands provides it. The event is expected to host approximately 3,000 participants and will include a diverse range of companies and individuals from the web3, gaming, and fintech industries. Notably, this event coincides with Fintech Week in Hong Kong, making it a pivotal gathering.

1. Would you require a licensing agreement for the use of the ApeCoin logo for the implementation of this proposal?

AIP-329 use the ApeCoin DAO logo based to the brand guidelines.

1. a. What quality control checks do you have in place for the creation of the Apekin mascot?

Quality control checks for the Apekin mascot will be overseen by the author of the AIP and can be openly shared and discussed in our discourse.

1. b. Will the community have any input on the final mascot design?

The community has already provided input on the final mascot design through Annie, the creator of the mascot design, who will be actively involved in the creation process and will participate in quality control checks.

1. Do you have a contingency plan ready in case any of these tasks or milestones become unfeasible due to time limitations?

Challenges are an inherent part of any project. Currently, our main challenge is securing approval for AIP-329 and, if necessary, the author of the AIP will pay if fund will not receive in time after AIP approve. In case of time constraints, I’m personally committed to overseeing the project closely to ensure professional and exceptional execution.

1. Would your expectation be to keep complete full ownership of content produced from this proposal?

Content ownership, including marketing materials, will be transferred to the Marketing and Communication working group’s custody. This proposal serves as a temporary measure until this working group is fully established to take over marketing execution.

1. Would you be willing to make the Apekin mascot an optional requirement during implementation and adjust the budget to reflect this?

Absolutely. Open to making the mascots an optional requirement during implementation. This flexibility allows us to adapt the budget accordingly, ensuring that resources are allocated optimally based on community preferences and priorities.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Absolutely.

Additionally, edits have been made to this Topic. You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Great work MisterHype

1 Like

Hey @Xavierfreeway,

Much Appreciate! While time might not be on our side, we will try to navigate this AIP before the month’s end.

2 Likes

We have no further questions for @MisterHype . This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

I see the grind and the rewards will follow. I appreciate the work you’ve been doing for the community

3 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.