Interim-Communications Action Team (CAT): Proactive PR & Setting-up the Marketing Working Group for Success
Ecosystem Fund Allocation
An Initiative of the Governance Working Group
ApeCoin needs Proactive PR & Comms. It’s an issue throughout Web3, and something most projects struggle with - just look at the recent communications from Yuga, Proof, and others where good news drowns in a sea of negativity.
This AIP brings back some control to the narrative that is being shared about the ApeCoin DAO, our proposals, ideas and elections.
Comms Action Team (CAT) is a dedicated Team of Comms professionals with extensive experience in PR, Comms, Brand Strategy, Business Development, and Partnerships. Our team is comprised of the following well-respected and well-known BAYC and ApeCoin DAO members:
NFTBark (Steve) - CoHost Coffee with Captain
- NFTBark (Steve): Co-host of “Coffee with Captain” and DGen Network, NFTBark is a seasoned PR and Communications expert with more than 15 years of professional experience. He has a deep understanding of both Web3 and traditional media, making him an invaluable asset in securing positive press coverage for ApeCoin DAO initiatives. He is part of the team bringing Starbucks to Web3 and is also a brilliant interviewer and Spaces host which will be vital as we head into election season.
Captain Zwingli (Chris) - Host Coffee with Captain
- Captain Zwingli (Chris): Host of “Coffee with Captain” and DGen Network, Chris brings a wealth of experience in Brand Strategy, Business Development, and Partnerships from fast growing startups to Fortune 500 brands. His strategic insights and network connections are instrumental in fostering collaborations and partnerships within the Yuga ecosystem, the overall Web3 space and beyond. As a terrific Spaces host, his rapport with NFTBark makes for great engaging content and value-add as we approach election season.
SSP - CoHost ApeComms
- SSP: ApeCoinDAO Ambassador, early recipient of ApeCoin grants, author of AIP-64, AIP-226, AIP-246 and host of “ApeCoinRadio,” SSP is a seasoned and active DAO member with many years of experience in Brand Strategy, Startups and IRL Event production (Coachella). SSP’s dedication to the ApeCoin DAO community ensures effective content and engagement strategies.
The three of us have been co-hosting Twitter Spaces (Capt & Steve - every weekday for almost 2 years and SSP - ApeComms every MWF for almost a year), and the team boasts a combined PR, Marketing & Comms experience of over 50 years in the C-suites of some of the largest brands in the world. We are a team that is well-equipped to lead these initiatives, help set-up a Marketing & Comms Working Group and capture positive press and attention in Web3, Web2 and Traditional Media. In other words, we know our stuff!
Did you know the ApeCoin DAO is quietly making a positive impact on the world? We donate a mighty 277,777 $APE every month to the Jane Goodall Legacy Foundation. But here’s the kicker: no one knows about it. Why? Because we don’t have a Comms Team!
We can approve and fund the best AIPS in the DAO, but what good does that do us if the world doesn’t know about them? Without an experienced team of PR/Comms professionals (and fellow BAYC/SpacesHosts/Web3Degens) proactively and consistently bringing awareness to the activity surrounding ApeCoin DAO, we severely limit the chances of growing and scaling our DAO.
And here’s another kicker – when we go through the cycle of electing the Stewards of the approved Marketing & Communications Working Group (AIP-246) they’re set to inherit a zombie shell without a budget, without a framework and without pay for three months, January 1 - March 31, 2024.
Comms Action Team (CAT) provides a critical solution to the problem, by setting-up the legal and operational infrastructure for the MCWG and by asking for a budget on their behalf so that they can hit the ground running.
CAT will deliver on the following essential initiatives:
Prepare the Legal, Operational & Budgetary Foundation for the Marketing & Communications Working Group
Proactive PR & Comms: Secure positive press coverage for ApeCoin DAO projects, proposals, and ventures by leveraging our extensive network in both Web3 and traditional media; taking our stories well beyond these echo chambers and into Web2 and Trad Media. This includes PR/Comms support of approved AIPs like AIP-304: The Digital Art Movement, AIP-209: Ape Accelerator, AIP-297: NFT Vault, and many others.
Twitter Spaces Coordination & Content Guide: Capture much needed Social Capital in our attention-economy by coordinating a network of influential Twitter Spaces, featuring many of the well-known shows and hosts and set-up and manage a Central Events Calendar - basically a TV Guide.
Made by Ape - Powered by ApeCoin™: Make the most of this collaboration by identifying promising MBA Licensees, interviewing the founders, providing AIP guidance, and assisting in securing matching grants and co-funding opportunities.
Our dual mission is to prepare the MCWG for a successful launch in 2024 while delivering immediate PR, Comms, Partnerships, and Organic Marketing to the ApeCoin DAO during the next several months.
(example of Master Calendar/TV Guide)
BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:
Enhanced Social Capital:
By establishing the Comms Action Team (CAT) and preparing the Marketing & Communications Working Group (MCWG) for success, the ApeCoin DAO will experience an immediate boost in its Social Capital. CAT’s strategic approach to PR, Comms, and Organic Marketing will enhance the DAO’s reputation, trustworthiness, and visibility within the Web3 space, ultimately strengthening its position and influence.
Effective Transition and Growth:
CAT’s efforts will facilitate a seamless transition for the MCWG, empowering it to hit the ground running in 2024. This transition will enable the MCWG to effectively execute its mission and vision, leading to sustainable growth and long-term success for the Working Group and the ApeCoin DAO.
Optimized Resource Utilization:
By providing the MCWG with the essential infrastructure and support during its initial phases, CAT ensures that the DAO’s resources are used optimally. This efficient resource allocation contributes to the DAO’s financial sustainability and maximizes the impact of its initiatives.
- AIP: Ape Improvement Proposal
- PR: Public Relations
- Comms: Communications
- MCWG: Marketing & Communications Working Group
- CAT: Comms Action Team
- MBA: Made by Apes
- PBA: Powered by ApeCoin
- SMN - Spaces Media Network
PLATFORMS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- Twitter/X - Spaces, Video Content
- Airtable - coordination of Spaces
- Website - to host Master Calendar, Video Content
- Descript - AI and Editing tools for Podcast and AudioGrams
- Spotify - Podcast host
STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE:
November 1 - December 31, 2023:
- Request the GovWG establish the MarComms WG as a DAO LLC in the same jurisdiction and manner as their own Working Group, preparing the legal paperwork up to the point of signing the entity into existence with the 2 newly elected MCWG Stewards (15k to MetaLaw)
- Request GovWG for initiative permission, campaign support and assistance to implement and coordinate their onboarding documentation
- Request Vulkan as Secretary for this initiative to assist in coordinating Calendars, Airtable and Notion pages
- Create a Landing Page/Website to host Calendar/TV Guide ($1-2k TBA)
- Establish the Spaces Media Network, including coordination, calendar management, and Audiogram creation - specifically for Election Season 2023 ($1-2k per mo for Audiograms & Graphics)
- Collab with DGen Network, ApeComms, ApeCoinRadio, The Grateful Show, Mocaverse Mondays, The DAM Show, ThreadGuy, Leap, Profits, The Miami Ape, BCheque, Legendary, Lunch Break, Ladies of BAYC, and others for calendars
- Request Official ApeCoin Twitter handle to repost our tweets and posts
- Begin PR and Comms efforts to begin securing positive press coverage for ApeCoin DAO news, stories and initiatives
- Begin to identify promising MBA Licensees and initiate outreach.
- Collab with Tally Labs and present ApeCoin DAO at Art Basel in November ($15k to Tally)
January 1 - March 31, 2024:
- Continue coordination of Twitter/X Spaces and content distribution.
- Sustain and Expand PR and Comms activities to support ApeCoin DAO initiatives
- Introduce Automated PR Flows via connected Twitter/X APIs, Tools and Services (TBD)
- Progress the MBA-PBA initiative, fostering collaborations with Licensees.
- Evaluate and integrate Automated Flows into the entire process
- Help onboard newly elected MarComms Stewards to AIP-246 and continue Proactive PR & Comms so that they can spend their time developing the roadmap, budget and their own AIP for funding
The total ask for this proposal which includes a 3-month budget for, and the legal costs of, setting-up the upcoming Marketing & Communications Working Group, the November/December Election Season Information Coordination, the November Art Basel IRL Activation and the ongoing PR, Comms and Social Media Amplification = 199,000 APE
(Less than 0.00703% of the Ecosystem Fund)
Breakdown as follows:
Nov/Dec 2023 - 76,000 APE
|MCWG LLC Legal DAO-Setup||0||7,500||7,500||15,000|
|Audiograms, Tech Tools, Graphics||0||5,000||5000||10,000|
|ApeCoin DAO @ ArtBasel||15,000|
Jan/Feb/Mar 2024 - 123,000 APE
|MarComms Working Group Budget||18,000||18,000||18,000||54,000|
|Audiograms, Tech Tools, Graphics||5,000||5,000||5,000||15,000|
- As an initiative of the GovWG, all funds will be held with the Governance Working Group and will not be distributed until invoiced for expenses
- GovWG as an LLC will provide liability coverage and legal protection for the interim Comms Action Team and their personnel
- This AIP does not include grants for funding any promising Made by Ape licensees, however we expect to submit or support a follow-up AIP for the Made by Apes - Powered by Apecoin™ initiative in collaboration with Sassy Labs