AIP-376: Working Group Charter - Web3 Development

I also like this better than other AIPs that seek funding for their own projects or startups, because this initiative could also focus on developing public goods that could be utilized across the Web3 space, and a smart contract SaaS piece to them.

3 Likes

This will really be a huge leap, generating income for the DAO with the group’s contribution.

3 Likes

Thanks @irvinxyz

I definitely think we got the skills and talent in our community too, also tapping into EthGlobal hackers and Moca community will be key. @Harry has the Ape Accelerator going now so we can go full circle with this mentality

Appreciate your support fam

3 Likes

This is key and first on the agenda for me, a clear and concise roadmap or outline to follow and replicate

1 Like

Thanks, believe we have some great communities to tap into as well, @ysiu.ape and Animoca have a massive ecosystem and believe we can bring in some of those leaders to guide us, just one big happy web3 family. Tear down silos, unite and buidl together

1 Like

Hi @0xWebMoss,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @0xWebMoss,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

• Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will receive an AIP ID number and move forward for Draft Analysis Review.
  • @0xWebMoss please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@0xWebMoss has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 376.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Hey @0xWebMoss thanks for putting this idea together. We had initially discussed the formation of some kind of “tech” working group when the original working groups were getting stood up earlier this year. However, the tech group idea was put on hold as we focused on the others we have today. I was wondering if/when the tech group idea would surface again.

In my opinion, one area the DAO has struggled so far is attracting developers to our community and giving them a reason to build with and stay involved in our community. Do you have ideas on ways this can be accomplished? I often think about all the talented people participating in Hackathons who don’t make their way to our DAO.

-Vulkan

All statements and opinions are my own, not on behalf of the Ape Foundation

6 Likes

These projects may or may not make revenue (or profit). However non are generating income streams back to the ApeCoin Dao. They are all independent AIP recipients with no ownership or revenue split back to the DAO. They are all simply Grant recipients.

Also I see a focus on technology builders, so is this a Developers Working Group and not a Development Working Group? I think the title is way too broad. For example every working group in existence Development is a core reason for their existence.

Finally, the GWG is already working on financial sustainability report and financial sustainability is one of the three core areas I proposed to focus in 2024.

1 Like

Hi @bigbull

I ment we need to help return some revenue or funding back to these projects.

The aim is to support developers who want to and can build for the DAO so a combination of sorts imo.

We would need to create a list of projects the DAO could build like Payment Gateways, Swops, Bridges, etc. With ApeChain we could focus on building explorers and other chain tools. Some would come included I’m sure but it opens us up to a wealth of opportunities.

Lastly we could define a list of nice to haves, these can be things we open up to hackers for example so we can drive some innovation from EthGlobal side.

Sorry for late reply, holidaying :beach_umbrella:

4 Likes

id love to help anyway you need

3 Likes

Hello @0xWebMoss, I would like to thank you for submitting AIP-376. Your initiative is much appreciated. Lately, I have been researching new Layer 2 solutions that are built on Ethereum. These L2s offer support, grants, and tools to builders to help them succeed and grow the network. I believe that we can learn from examples set by Optimism, Arbitrum, Manta, and others on how to empower our builders. Also, would it be wise to wait until after the Apechain is voted on to select stewards who are experts in the chosen chain?

3 Likes

Appreciate it @Xavierfreeway

Feel free to dive in, drop any ideas and thoughts, appreciate all the help we can get to make it happen

1 Like

Excellent @Poco

I don’t think we need to wait for ApeChain, the Stewards are essentially going to be overseeing what we building, how we funding it and then perhaps filling a project management role. It would be great if they have good knowledge of the different chains or at least the chosen chain but I dont think they need to be experts as they wont necessarily be building, devs can do the heavy lifting in that regard.

Our team has reviewed and discussed @0xWebMoss’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

In-house development of dApps and tools by this group would massively benefit ApeCoin DAO - very bullish!

1 Like

@0xWebMoss has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

• Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author’s request.

• You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators