AIP-502: The Apemobile - Guerrilla marketing meets a KOL partnership (Resubmission)

That’s nice. But bad ideas cost the DAO money while having zero merit let alone benefiting the DAO. No wonder we have no disposable funds left in the treasury. Oh well.

I believe @Nova said this part best:

This proposal makes little sense to me for several reasons:

1. The conversion rate from people seeing an ApeCoin logo on your car to buying ApeCoin is closer to 0% than 0.1%. When you combine this with how little exposure this will generate outside of the web3 bubble, the ROI starts to make very little sense.
  2. There are much bigger KOLs that rock Yuga PFPs than you. For example @Banks who has 2.7M followers and rocks a Punk PFP has 90x your following on just Twitter alone (way more if you count his other channels) with exposure to web3 bubble + normies. Why don’t we offer to buy someone like him a Porsche, or even a better car? I’m willing to bet that he’d gladly accept one and agree to some terms around marketing ApeCoin, so may other members of FaZe Clan (all with larger followings than you) and perhaps we offer them some package deal.

I thought this proposal was a joke at first, but apparently it’s not… If we’re going to waste money on another car sponsorship at the very least I’d to see us sponsor KOLs with more exposure.

Don’t get me wrong, of course I like and support Kodama, but this proposal is so funny, I’m not even mad.

ps: Ape Foundation Transparency Report - 2024 - Q1 // we’re out of money

1 Like