ApeCoin Credit Card - NFT-Personalized Global $APE spending Credit Card with Exclusive Privileges for $APE Holders

We would like to submit this AIP idea to gauge the community’s desire for it.

This proposed solution is already a reality, as we have pieced together several key components:

1. We have partnered with a Web3 financial super app with proprietary software and ecosystem that boasts a user base of millions.
  2. We have engaged a fully licensed, bonded, and insured Trustee in Hong Kong, a Web3-friendly common law jurisdiction.
  3. We have engaged licensed partners for the issuance of a credit card that will support the direct spending of $APE across over 90 million global merchants with appropriate hardware and software.

Benefits of being an ApeCoin Credit Card holder:

• No Annual Fees
  • No Minimum Token Staking Requirements
  • No Fees on $APE Conversion at Spending
  • No Monthly or Annual Spending Limit
  • Merchant Rebates or Discounts when using the $APE Card

ApeCoin has been described as a “currency for culture, gaming, and commerce intended to promote a decentralized community growing at the vanguard of web3.”

By introducing the ApeCoin Credit Card, we not only make $APE spendable across global merchants like any fiat currency but also provide a platform for the community to engage with both online and offline worlds through collaborations and partnerships.

Enabling $APE to be used as a spendable currency not only increases the velocity of transactions but also takes the first step towards “closing the loop” in facilitating payments.

With the ability for all ApeCoin holders to spend $APE at a majority of global merchants, we can work together as a community to bring unique benefits and discounts to the ApeCoin ecosystem, thereby creating sustainable demand and desire for $APE.

As Elite Apes, a community of 150 members holding over 700 Yuga NFTs and $Apecoin, we are eager to take this bold first step and offer all $Apecoin holders an opportunity to venture beyond the digital realm into the real world.

Let’s assume that this idea is already feasible, which it is. We would like to hear from the community before we finalize and submit our draft. Please let us know your thoughts.

Yes / No ??

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

1 Like

You´ve got my atention :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is very interesting, similar to the Gnosis pay in terms of exchanges all done in the background?

2 Likes

No. As we can do it as a credit card. Not a debit card.

1 Like

Absolutely yes! Love the idea! Can not wait to see more. I hope it is feasible and will not cost a lot.

1 Like

Yes … This is something we can look into

1 Like

How would that work? The vendors would need to be setup to receive $APE and/or fiat currency. For example, I have a Coinbase card and though I can switch it to use any crypto asset, I have never used it because it’s impractical for the most part.

The service would run through a credit card network such as Visa or Mastercard, similar to the Coinbase Card. Merchants would be receiving fiat in the backend. Coinbase charges a pretty hefty 2.49% conversion fee whereas our program would have fees waived for $APE spend. Separately, a key focus for this AIP will be securing partnerships with online/offline merchants in the form of discounts and unique perks whenever $APE is spent.

3 Likes

I love this purposal. Think it’s great and can engage and straight on community. It’s great the “No Minimum Token Staking Requirements”. The main goal of the Dao is to consolidate a relationship among members . Regardless of the amount of tokens . Equality. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Second would be an important step, the first for Dao (I think).
But specifically, How does it work? I pay with card in APE, conversion in fiat and merchant takes Fiat…

1 Like

Yes! Will this be similar to how the Binance card works?

A wonderful idea, I would love to have an international credit card! And on top of that it would look super stylish with the photo of APE decorating it

2 Likes

That’s exactly the intention!! Flex our NFTs

2 Likes

Not really. As we are not just a debit card. We are structuring to be a credit card. Having an option to repay your spending in your desire tokens. Eg $ape , 7 days later

1 Like

I see. That would obviously have KYC requirements as well.

So, which banks will be underwriting this? Even FinCEN banks need an underwriting US bank.

1 Like

You know your work. FYI we not just have a bank. But also a trust ordinance , in which is above the bank issuance.

Details in draft stage.

This idea is to gauge the interest of our community.

Yet to remind. This is not an idea. It’s already a reality

4 Likes

The idea is cool. It is hardly possible to implement it from the point of view of practicality, but I think any APE fan will be obliged to take this card (in the style of the NFT, of course)))))) :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Nice. Sounds like you covered all the bases thus far.

So, why is this setup as a credit card instead of a debit card?

1 Like

Looking to learn more about it. It provides personalization and rewards for spending ApeCoin

This is an example from Hi dot com

4% on USDT spending and 0.3% on ETH

9 Likes

I’m all for it, I think it’s a good idea

2 Likes

Hey @JasonJape,

I appreciate the comprehensive overview of the proposal. It’s intriguing to see how you’ve integrated various components to make this concept a reality. The benefits you’ve outlined, such as no annual fees, no minimum staking requirements, and merchant rebates, sound enticing - I wouldn’t confirm it in AIP as its a business decisions that can be change from time to time, especially in finance industry. Enabling $APE to be used as a spendable currency indeed has the potential to boost its adoption and utility.

From what I understand, this proposal could significantly enhance the ApeCoin ecosystem by bridging the gap between the digital and real worlds. Offering the community an opportunity to use $APE for everyday transactions at global merchants is a progressive step.

In my opinion, this concept aligns well with the direction of web3 and the decentralized movement - just write it with AIP template. However, before do so, it might be useful to clarify a few points in AIP Draft, such as the security measures in place for protecting users’ funds and data, as well as the integration process with existing financial systems and budget for few years (INCLUDE MARKETING).

-Mr. Hype :fire:

3 Likes