Buy Back & Burn To Reduce Scarcity

Abstract
Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

Has the idea of a buy back & burn been floated around to reduce the total supply of Ape Coins.

Motivation
The purpose of a buy back & burn would be to reduce the maximum supply of tokens.

Rationale

I feel it might align with the APE communities guiding value if quality, scarce products, but definitely should be discussed more in detail.

Steps to Implement

I’m actually not sure what steps would be needed to implement it, but I’m sure further discussion could bring them to light.

[Start typing here]

Timeline

Timelines are not my strong suit and I have no idea how much planning, modeling & coding might be needed. Say 9 months to a year?

Overall Cost
The proposal would need more discussion to try to arrive at a budget.

4 Likes

I agree with you that buybacks are a great mechanic to create long-term value and align incentives long-term.

This proposal already includes buybacks out of the box and can be released next month

https://forum.apecoin.com/t/aip-idea-apecoin-investment-dao-staking-mechanic/4892/4

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Abenig for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow the here as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Abenig please see your messages for the next steps.

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-moonkt

1 Like