BUY TWO HUNDRED MOCAVERSE NFTs

We need to establish an APECOIN presence within other DAOs.

MOCAVERSE has become one of the largest and most consistent APECOIN voters to date and for me it naturally makes sense that this should be the first DAO we enter collectively.

MOCA token’s release is imminent, and there is an extremely high possibility that our proposed acquisitions will get us a very large distribution without additional cost in the future.

As a holder of two hundred MOCAVERSE we will also be a forceful voice in the decisions of their current 6.3m APECOIN allocation used for voting.
(There are many other benefits to this acquisition which I will thoroughly outline in detail later.)

Please give your thoughts and I will take them all into consideration before drafting the final AIP.

2 Likes

The strategic alignment between APECOIN and MOCAVERSE presents exciting opportunities for mutual growth and influence which makes it a great plan, but i suggest targeting a new DAO which hasn’t been necessary associated with APECOIN should first be put into motion, that way being one of the first to establish a presence allows APECOIN to position itself as an early adopter, potentially gaining more influence.

8 Likes

So this is a question I ask myself - are we actually aligned and is it a bad thing if we are not?

So I’m happy for that to happen in the future, just the benefits to buying MOCAs are highly beneficial rn for the DAO.

This is another question I am working on - what constitutes real influence within our DAO? Money, role, activity, entry time, etc etc - is it in fact all of them and if so can we attribute a percentage to each somehow?

Getting in early (I agree) gives advantage. In this instance it is key as we will qualify for a substantial MOCA airdrop that should equal voting rights within their DAO once fully operational. We’d also have the option to sell the airdrop (if community desired) and recoup the cost of this AIP, returning it to the treasury perhaps, and still have substantial MOCA token left over.

If you have any potential opportunities like this with other DAOs please share :pray::innocent:, but I think this is a major opportunity we should not let slip us by.

Thanks.

3 Likes

your idea is great Apecoin really have a way for good things they actually talked about it yesterday on there space

2 Likes

Maybe, because of the excruciatingly painful and slow pace the DAO operates at we may have lost the ability to deliver on my idea. Or maybe I was just too slow. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not so sure if we are aligned or not but, I think before we consider any form of alignment, we should make sure it benefits Apecoin and also aligns with our set goals and targets.

3 Likes

Do you have any other DAO in mind?

2 Likes

while I am probably least suited to comment on its merit I like the basic idea of APECOIN becoming a forceful voice and to align more strategically, no different than how global trade might operate.

More importantly I wanted to also point out that AIP-297 has a number of Mocaverse NFTs and as it operates as a sub-DAO any benefits generated from this of any kind belongs to APECOIN holders. We will be posting an update on this (hint it has been doing fairly well value wise anyway) although it is not quite 200 Mocaverse NFTs.

6 Likes

gm furious

I agree that ApeCoin should have a voice in the Moca DAO similar to the way Moca DAO will have a voice in ApeCoin DAO.

I don’t think it’s too late to bring this AIP forward at all - $MOCA may still be many weeks out. This announcement provided no timeline at all, just saying that it’s coming.

If you are interested to pursue this idea, I would encourage you to put into a draft form. For my part, I think it’s a smart, strategic move for the DAO, although we may want to tweak the number of Moca’s proposed.

2 Likes

Thanks for jumping in - much appreciated. :handshake:

Are you able to make a suggestion? As I would love to know your thoughts on whether 200 is a lot for right now or if you’re thinking more would make better sense.

The main reason I went with 200 was the current wallets active in the Mocaverse apecoin vote (as that’s my main driver for this AIP). The largest is around 650moca (I thought that a comparative amount would be a bit too much to aim for atm cost wise & to get passed). The next has 198moca, and then this is followed by others of 150moca & 130moca approx. So although 200 doesn’t see us with the largest voice it should give us a substantial say to start with. (But certainly this 200 amount can be adjusted up or down - definitely open to suggestions etc.)

Thanks again. :handshake::handshake:

Regarding number of Mocas - your logic makes sense in terms of wanting to create a meaningful ApeCoin DAO voting block within Moca DAO.

My concern with the number 200 is that there aren’t very Mocaverse NFTs listed. In fact there are only 102 listed on Blur right now.

Because there are so few listed, it also makes it challenging to market purchase even 50 or 100.

For instance, the Mocaverse floor as I write this is 3.4 ETH. But if you were to sweep to 50, the floor at that point becomes 5.55 ETH. It would quickly get much higher from there, too. If you sweep to 75, the floor is 7.3 ETH.

I know that there are a large amount of Mocaverse NFTs held in the Mocaverse treaury. Perhaps there would be an opportunity to buy some of these NFTs OTC. If. a hybrid approach was taken, where some Mocas were bought OTC and others were bought on marketplaces, this could help alleviate the price impact, while still allowing for a meaningfully size Moca delegation to be created.

Pinging @ysiu.ape for visibility.

1 Like

This is definitely a massive problem for my AIP idea :joy::handshake: I didn’t even realise.

Has me thinking maybe a better approach could be to wait until after the token launch as we’d likely get a better price entry for each and ofc be able to buy the 200 amount. Only issue is we wouldn’t have the ability to offset some of the cost. Will have a think.

Much appreciated. :muscle::muscle::handshake::handshake:

Hi @furiousanger ,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in roughly 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Thanks. Think I will withdraw for now and work on the idea more. Thanks.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@furiousanger has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

1 Like