How about Apecoin Ambassador's Program

I liked your idea, I think it would be really cool to have ambassadors in each continent, it would bring in new people who are not aware of the project and it would also help with that language issue

5 Likes

I really like the idea, specially because this way we can spread the ApeCoin DAO to different regions/language speakers.

5 Likes

I think you missed the entire point of this proposal, it’s to select few trusted individuals who will help spread the word about Apecoin DAO and onboard new users as well. I looked at Little Atlas and it sounds interesting, its useful and some other alternatives such as MetaFabric is doing the same so yeh these things are amazing. I think this is something ambassadors should adopt if this thing becomes a reality. It’s a tool after all.
Also a nice fact I share once in a while, The DAO has enough funds to deploy towards the community for the next 200 years even if we spend 2 million an year. I saw someone sharing this once and feels like to forward this whenever someone says the cost is this and that lol

P.S. I would like to add that things like Little Atlas and others wont work if the users arent even onboarded to the specific community, coming back to my point that IRL ambassadors onboarding people

Hey new here, I’m evil :smiley:

Indeed, like @NFD put an input about adopting and working with decentralized tools such as Little Atlas and more, it can cover more ground in a region. We should think about the budget as well since this is an issue around this.

1 Like

There wont be any communities coming together if there arent much holders lmao. One nice input from NFD is this tool for sure. Excited to see all of this become a reality

Thanks!

Indeed, one more conversation we, some of the active community members are having is around the multi-language channels or content to make the onboarding more user friendly and cozy.

1 Like

Hi @Evil I understand precisely what the propsal seeks to achieve, however, having a select few ambassadors will be (in my opinion) far less transformative than proposed.

Putting the cost aside - which btw is always important to consider despite your fact - the operational considerations for having a global quasi workforce are not insignificant.

Will ambassadors have KPIs? Do they qualify as ‘employees’ under the various interpretations globally and what legal ramifications does that have?

To be clear on my point, I am simply saying thay ALL members can and should be ambassadors of sorts. We should empower the community to help us build up awareness using tools like those mentioned previously and the DAO itself can help, where required, fund initiatives that make sense.

Welcome and sorry for the sore head :blush::heart:

There are more holders than you might think. Something like 120k or so holders not including staked assets and CEX wallets.

There are, of course, holders of BAYC, MAYC, BAKC, Deeds, Meebits, Punks, HVMTL who are an extension of the community too - we need to better align incentives of course but we have a decent enough holder base to be impactful if the community had easier ways of collaborating.

I’m not bashing the proposal, im just offering constructive feedback such is the point of these threads :handshake:

what would be the voting to choose people for the board and what would be the patterns of events that apecoin would want to be a part of?

2 Likes

This is a classic case of Potato-Patato hahaha
A community leads if it has someone to lead, no one’s stopping you from spreading the word about Apecoin and if you think all members are ambassadors then for sure go ahead and spread the word. Totally agree with this and we all are doing this very same thing. But in order to create a great impact, a proper structure is needed

This is just a discussion, we all are still brainstorming and hoping some of us could come together to create an Ambassador’s Committee hopefully and bring out some guidelines and propose with an AIP perhaps. I dont think everything should need a voting phase coz its time consuming. If Ape Foundation decide to do something like this program then for sure a voting should be necessary since all official voting and application would require KYC.

1 Like

The community isn’t activated right now, there is no easy way for members to ‘spread the word’ other than shouting into the echo chamber that is Crypto Twitter. All I am saying is that there will be a number of significant issues (which appear to be being glossed over) some I have already mentioned with effectively employing ambassadors across a diverse range of jurisdictions.

There are undoubtedly going to be issues with paying people to market a DAO and a Coin in certain parts of the world.

So, regarding structure, why not at least look at putting in place better infrastructure and rewards for members to grow the ecosystem?

This can be great since there are few people talking about ape universe here in my country (Brazil). Then, I think its the best way to spread the word and let massive people discover our community! Loved your idea @Evil !

3 Likes

You’re speaking my language here Evil… Nice initiative idea.

AC

1 Like

To reward such things, Thank Ape is the best! Have you experience this yet? Thank Ape in some aspect cover the thing you are saying i.e rewarding community members. Take a look at my twitter thread to get an idea how they are doing it if you havnt.

Also agreed with issues. An idea that will work in one region wont necessarily work in other parts of the world. Thats why I’ve mentioned how it would be ambassadors’ responsibility to create an engaging environment for Apecoin around their country/state.
You can try shouting in crypto twitter but we all know that how it goes with altcoins so doing it for $ape wont work

Brazil has seen rise in NFT and web3s in the past few months and I just love how much dedicated those folks are. I would love to see and attend NFT events in Brazil someday.
Take a look at this, just one of many people who have done amazing work in Brazil.

2 Likes

Let’s hop on a call and see what we can do to create a Committee around this and make guidelines ourselves and put up a proposal?

2 Likes

Hands full with the magazine and upcoming AIP Ambassador and Membership proposal but also happy to brainstorm and give constructive feedback to me dawg Evil :muscle: :muscle:

AC