Implementation Update | AIP-372: Enable AIP Voting During Elections

AIP Name: AIP-372: Enable AIP Voting During Elections

Implementation Status: Complete

Implementation Date: 12/6/2024

Author: @CryptoLogically

Abstract Summary: AIP-138 established the following during elections:

This proposal would remove this requirement, thus enabling any AIP ready for vote during this (and any) period to be posted regardless of election cadence.

Overall Cost: 0 ApeCoin.

Related AIPs: AIP-1: Proposing the DAO - Process, AIP-137: The Special Council Nomination Process & AIP-138: The Special Council Election Process

Timeline Updates: This AIP was implemented immediately upon being accepted at DAO vote.

Interview Q&A:

1. The ApeCoin DAO has posted a few resources on navigating the AIP process, including a series of Discourse posts; based on your experience, are these resources and the website helpful for drafting an AIP?

While I tend to dig pretty deeply into the material to find the answers I’m looking for, I did find it helpful that the “Welcome to the ApeCoin DAO” post containing the AIP process was pinned to the top of the Home screen for easy access.

I did not make use of the ApeCoin website while participating in the AIP process, but I appreciate that it’s there as a resource.

1. Have there been any delays or changes to the original timeline?

No, in fact the moment my AIP had passed by DAO vote it was implemented immediately.

1. Was there any part of the AIP process in which you felt the least supported?

No. My Facilitator, 12GAUGE, was helpful, timely in his communications and immediately responsive to my comments.

1. Do you have anything you would like to tell the community?

If you have an idea, no matter how small it may seem, write up an AIP and see where it takes you.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Yes, absolutely.

6 Likes