AIP-372: Enable AIP Voting During Elections

PROPOSAL NAME:

Enable AIP Voting During Elections

PROPOSAL CATEGORY:

Process

ABSTRACT:

AIP-138 established the following during elections:

This proposal would remove this requirement, thus enabling any AIP ready for vote during this (and any) period to be posted regardless of election cadence.

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:

Equality: Each author deserves the opportunity to have their proposal put up for vote when ready. AIP voting need not be purposefully delayed due to election season.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE:

Upon approval, any AIPs ready to go to vote during any previously restricted time period will have the opportunity to be put to vote.

OVERALL COST:

0 ApeCoin.

6 Likes

Reserved for Changelog

2 Likes

Hi, @CryptoLogically !

Your idea sounds very logical and I support it. AIP authors really deserve an opportunity to put their proposal on a vote even during the election period.

3 Likes

Love it!

Now fast-track it! :rofl:

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

5 Likes

good one, i agree with this, also councils should not stop working because of elections

2 Likes

Of course, it is not necessary to slow down the process of implementing AIP. Construction should not stop :rocket:

1 Like

Seems a great proposal! +1

1 Like

Seems reasonable. I along with the 8Delegate for 8DAO remain open minded and would like to hear SC weigh in on any logical reasons why this should not proceed.

3 Likes

Hi @CryptoLogically ,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi @12GAUGE.Admin,

I’m content with feedback received, ready to move to Draft. Proposal has been formatted and is ready for next steps, assuming all the necessary components are in place.

Regards,
@CryptoLogically

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@CryptoLogically has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

We have no further questions for @CryptoLogically . This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

To clarify, the proposed change is intended to apply to both weeks of Special Council voting. The intention was for there to be no “weeks off” for elections, and that any author with an AIP ready to vote during any week should have that proposal eligible for vote regardless of election cadence. I’ve modified my proposal in an effort to clarify this position.

3 Likes

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Fantastic. Thank you so much,
We obviously need and want the hired/elected people to do their job and work instead of trying to run electing campaigns, trying to reelect themselves, on top after just posting pictures from non DEFI /unrelated events, where somehow all of them go in the same time ; which is and absolute nonsense per say. When proof of work?

1 Like

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

2 Likes

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 64.71% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-372: Enable AIP Voting During Elections, and further updates will be posted.

Thanks,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes