Otherside KODA - $APECOIN Airdrop

It’s been a topic that emerges during various ApeComms Spaces (like the one on Friday, most recently), and surfaces occasionally in proposals like this:

and this:

In that same spaces, a new user stepped up to the mic and voiced that he had no idea that ApeCoin DAO was separate from Yuga as legal entities, and that by that revelation felt more “included” as a non-Ape-holder to participate. When we put our ears to the community, this is far from a one-off occurrence and there’s a seemingly widespread understanding that “ApeCoin DAO” is largely by and for Yuga holders, which of course isn’t true. Many of us are here, but we not only invite others to join, we absolutely need them to, in this guy’s opinion.

The concern is the air of exclusivity that a direct Yuga affiliation brings; our very logo is quite literally the BAYC skull on a blue background. On the one hand, that can be a great thing for brand partnerships, price appreciation and the like. On the other hand, as a grants DAO, we need as many great ideas from diverse backgrounds as possible brought to the table. Expanding our reach into communities who have zero exposure to Yuga assets will be critical to a more globalized DAO. I’d like to see more ideas, funding more goods, doing real things, in communities far removed from our NFT predecessors. That’s the future I’d like to see, anyway.

This isn’t to say Yuga shouldn’t implement $APE in more activations, or leverage $APE as a currency. I’d like to see everyone doing that. What I’m saying is that by creating a more unique identity, one more distinct from that of Yuga, we will invariably encourage others to join, contribute, and grow this DAO in a way that 30,000 Apes never could.

5 Likes