@phibacka31 - Special Council Nomination 01/2024

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @phibacka31

Twitter: https://twitter.com/phibacka31

Country of Residence: United States

Educational Background:

Bachelor of Music from Millikin University.
Minor in Communication.

Professional Background:

Current Position: Educator and Coach with 12 Years of Experience

Professional Summary:
An accomplished educator and coach with over a decade of experience in leading educational and athletic programs. Demonstrates a strong passion for fostering talent and skills in young individuals through both academic and extracurricular activities. Holds a unique background in the radio industry, contributing to a diverse skill set in communication and media.

Education Experience:

Educator and Head of Theatre Program (2017-Present):

• Developed and led a comprehensive theatre program, nurturing students’ artistic talents and organizing numerous successful productions.
  • Implemented two performance a year and led each facet of the performances as the director.
  • Collaborated with school administration to promote arts education.

Ambassador of Baseball, TCAF (2019-2020):

• Represented the high school baseball teams within our league to coordinate scheduling, awards, and rules clarifications.
  • Responsible for keeping accurate stats for all players to ensure player health and fair assessment of post season awards and play.

Previous Career in Radio Industry Neuhoff Media (2010-2011):

• Held various roles in the radio industry, gaining expertise in broadcasting, production, and media communications.
  • Developed and presented engaging radio content, demonstrating strong verbal communication and audience engagement skills.
  • Collaborated with a team of professionals in media production, advertising, and event management.

Skills and Expertise:

• Strong leadership and mentorship abilities in educational and athletic settings.
  • Creative direction and management of theatre and arts programs.
  • Effective communication and public speaking skills honed in the radio industry.
  • Deep understanding of student development and extracurricular program management.

Nomination Statement

Concise statement on why you are running for the Special Council

As a dedicated member of our DAO, I am excited to put forth my nomination to take on a more active role within our community and to bring a new perspective to the position.

Motivation

Details on your motivation for becoming an ApeCoin DAO Special Council member

My motivation for seeking a more involved role in our DAO is rooted in my belief in the power of collective action and decentralized decision-making. Since the beginning, I’ve witnessed the incredible potential of our community to innovate and adapt in the ever-evolving landscape of decentralized organizations. My desire to contribute more stems from a deep conviction that together, we can harness our diverse skills and perspectives to create a more equitable, transparent, and effective system.

I am driven by the opportunity to be a part of something transformative — to help steer our DAO towards a future where every member’s voice is not just heard but is instrumental in shaping our direction. I am motivated by the challenges we face, seeing them as opportunities to grow and learn together. My aim is to contribute my energy, ideas, and passion to ensure our DAO remains at the forefront of innovation, embodying the true spirit of decentralization.

Rationale

Share relevant experience and skills that will bring value to the ApeCoin community

My extensive experience as an educator and coach has equipped me with a unique set of skills and insights that are perfectly aligned with the demands of this role. At the heart of my professional journey is a profound passion for teaching and a commitment to continuous learning, both of which are crucial in fostering an environment of growth and innovation within our DAO.

As a teacher, I have honed my ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and engage diverse groups of individuals, skills that are essential for effective collaboration and decision-making in a decentralized organization. My expertise in crafting and executing educational strategies has given me a deep understanding of how to facilitate learning and development, ensuring that every member of our community has the opportunity to contribute meaningfully and grow.

In my role as a coach, I have developed a keen sense of how to motivate and inspire, drawing out the best in people. I truly believe that I am at my best when I am able to help others see more potential in themselves and inspire them to take additional steps forward in their development. This experience is invaluable in a community-driven environment like ours, where encouraging active participation and harnessing collective talents are key to our success.

Specifications

Further describe relevant experience, including crypto and governance participation, and/or ideas for DAO improvement

My continuous connection with each community I engage with is a testament to my dedication and eagerness to contribute. I believe that the insights and relationships I have cultivated through active participation and open dialogue within these spaces are invaluable. My experiences have equipped me with a nuanced understanding of the challenges and opportunities unique to DAOs and the broader crypto community.

This journey has been marked by countless enriching conversations and collaborative efforts within various communities, where I have been able to both learn from and contribute to the collective wisdom of these groups. My desire to do more stems from a genuine passion for the potential of decentralized systems and a commitment to fostering inclusive and robust communities.

In essence, my background in the crypto space and active involvement in communities position me uniquely to bring a blend of practical experience, community-centric approach, and a deep-seated desire to contribute to the further growth and success of our organization.

Concluding Statement

Summarize your statement as to why you are the best choice for Special Council

I firmly believe that I stand as an exceptional candidate for the special council, driven by an unwavering passion for our community, a true belief in the space moving forward, a proven track record in fostering meaningful conversations, and a forward-thinking vision that is vital for our DAO’s evolution.

As an extremely passionate community member, I’ve consistently demonstrated not just an attachment to our collective goals, but a deep commitment to seeing them realized. This passion is the driving force behind my approach to everything I do within this space – it fuels my dedication and resilience, ensuring that I am always motivated to act in the best interest of our community.

My ability to host and facilitate conversations is not just a skill, but a cornerstone of my approach to community engagement. I understand that the strength of our DAO lies in the collective wisdom and diverse perspectives of its members. Through open, honest, and respectful dialogue, I’ve been able to bridge gaps, build consensus, and foster a sense of unity and purpose. This skill is crucial for the special council, as it involves navigating complex issues and synthesizing varied viewpoints into actionable strategies.

Furthermore, my excitement and vision for new ideas are what set me apart. I approach the DAO with a mindset of innovation and inclusivity, always seeking fresh perspectives and unexplored avenues to enhance our operations and impact. My vision extends beyond the present, aiming to shape a future for the DAO that is not only successful but also sustainable and aligned with our core values.

In conclusion, my combination of passion, communicative prowess, and visionary thinking makes me a highly suitable candidate for the special council. I am ready and eager to contribute my energy, ideas, and experience to this role, ensuring that our DAO continues to thrive and lead by example in the world of decentralized governance.

12 Likes

Hello Apecoin DAO!

My name is Phil and am am happy to answer any questions you may have or address and concerns you may have. Thanks!

Stay Bored.

5 Likes

Reserved for additional comment.

2 Likes

So glad for the opportunity to run alongside you in this election Phil! Your background as a communicator and educator is inspiring & I’m so excited to continue hearing your voice as our DAO keeps growing.

Appreciate you, and we love Pink DAO :cherry_blossom:

-Halina.eth :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Wish you good luck and a lot of inspiration!

1 Like

Phil has done tremendous work around the BAYC and ApeCoin ecosystems both personally and via Bored Media Group. He has been a steady contributor and brings a calm demeanor and perspective to conversations around the DAO’s activities.

I look forward to seeing you bring your perspective on the campaign trail, Phil!

P.S.Everyone should check out his site:
https://www.boredmedia.xyz/apecoin-dao

3 Likes

I know you going to be great, and can’t wait to see what you building!
Learn so much from you!

1 Like

Happy to see you running for the position Phil :handshake: Good Luck :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi @phibacka31, I am asking all candidates the following same questions:

If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO?

What is an area of expertise that you will be bringing to the table?

Are there any factors in your life that may limit your time and ability to serve? (Running a business, extensive traveling, secret agent for the SEC, etc…)

What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in its current state?

Currently, many of the proposals are determined by large wallets, there are many grumblings about it though I stand neutral on this; if possible, would you change this? and if so, how and why?

Will you be an active participant in the DAO even if unelected?

Thank you and best of luck,

F/S

1 Like

This is extremely kind of you. I have truly enjoyed getting to know and learn from you within the DAO. I look forward to our continued building.

1 Like

Thank you so much Pink Ape Fam :heartpulse:

Thanks for the questions and commentary @foxSlightly

I’m most passionate in the idea of being a true ambassador for the DAO and making sure that we take down the perception that the DAO is a walled garden. I thoroughly enjoy speaking with members and enjoy building community.

My area of expertise is in communicating and collaborating. I think both of these qualities are imperative for the Special Council. It is important to have different skill sets throughout the SC and I believe my ability to be a team player and motivator in these collaborative situations is a major asset to the DAO and SC. I am good at collaborating and I have a passion for lifting up and hearing from all types of builders and community members.

I currently work as a teacher, but I have flexibility within that as I have already begun to cut back on my responsibilities at the school. The key here though is, I love to work on things I am passionate about and I am extremely passionate about the DAO. I would not put my name in this conversation if I was planning on not spending the needed amount of time in the position daily/weekly. I have been pouring my heart into this space since I stepped into the space January 2021 and I am ready to take on this awesome opportunity to help build with this community.

My least favorite part od the DAO right now is how many feel uncomfortable and unsure on how they can contribute to the DAO. This can be through many ways, but most of the time people aren’t even asking the questions. We must do a better job of being great ambassadors and helping the DAO understand the hurdles that many outside the DAO currently and even those holding Apecoin now see when thinking about building within the DAO.

Though there are grumbles, my biggest takeaway up to this point is there is no perfect solution. I truly believe that having conversations about it is imperative but in the end I am neutral on the system up to this point.

I’ve been an active participant in the DAO for over a year now and will continue to build and participate either way.

You can even vote on AIPs now on our website and have been able to do that for 6+ months.
www.boredmedia.xyz

Thank you again fam.

1 Like

I’m stoked to see you running, Phil! You have my full support, and the DAO would be lucky to have you at its tables!

Seeing how in this bear market, you’ve remained steadfast in communicating and collaborating really impresses me!

Cheers,
Jensen

1 Like

Thank you for your support Jensen! I appreciate you and the consistent positivity you bring to the space. You have been here throughout the bear as well and I can’t wait to build.

Excited to see you running for SC. Best of luck to you Phil!