ThankApe x ApecoinDAO AIP Idea-a-thon: Innovate on DAO Governance

ApeX Showcase - Quarterly Web3 Showcase and Competition (powered by Apecoin)

ApeX (pronounced “Apex”) Showcase is a quarterly web3 showcase and competition that aims to highlight the skills of the creatives affiliated with Apecoin, including but not limited, to music production, visual art, and media. Everyone has a hobby or skill outside of their main line of work. This will be a good way to get the community together to do a “show & tell” and to showcase useful skills to others in the community. Beyond the community, it will be a great way of exposing Apecoin and associated projects to new crowds. This will provide Apecoin with the chance to gain more momentum in the cryptocurrency space and serve as an entry point for individuals who are not yet involved in the crypto and web3 world.

The showcase categories change in some form every quarter. Each category will have a subcategory (E.g. The “music production” category can have a “house” and a “trap” subcategory)

For the relevant categories, the quarterly Web3 showcase can be hosted in the metaverse. Eventually, it’d be great to host in Otherside to bring more degens to Otherside grounds.

Here is a very cool, example showcase project I created on Oncyber. io where I created music instrumentals and “hung them up” (walk over to each portrait to listen): Room of Synesthesia

Note: Degen & participant mean the same thing

This is how it could work:

1. A degen is interested in partaking in the showcase. To do so, the degen will have to signup on Apetalent and include ApeX as 1 of their 3 tags in the first month of the quarter. The decline to submit is the last day of the month per quarter.

2. The degen then submits their material there a google form. Degens can only submit one piece of unique material per category per quarter.

3. Name

4. Email

5. Wallet address

6. Category

7. Subcategory (if relevant)

8. Material (Main submission file <1GB)

9. Engaging description that paints the picture of the participant’s approach, the story behind their material, who they are, etc.

10. Additional material where relevant (e.g. associated images)

11. Material will be lightly reviewed to ensure that the submission requirements were met and that the submission qualifies for the showcase. If not approved, an email will be sent to the degen explaining why. This process will last throughout the 2nd month of the quarter.

12. If material is approved, it will be apart of the ApeX showcase. The ApeX showcase will exist in Oncyber .io, a metaverse platform that hosts 3D, immersive experiences and that can be accessed from any browser. As a result, each submission will be apart of an NFT collection representing the submissions. The showcase will go live by the 10th day of the 3rd month of the quarter.

13. Also on the 10th day of month 3, there will be a youtube livestream hosted by the ApeX Showcase team. 14 days leading up to the livestream, the showcase and livestream will be marketed. The link to the showcase will be provided on the Apetalent .xyz site, and as part of the caption of the livestream. The showcase can also host a livestream on Twitch to bring in an additional set of viewers and provide additional exposure.

14. The last 15 days of the quarter is where showcase participants will compete per their category. The winner will be selected through a combination of community-based voting, social network submission and competition exposure, and the ApeX showcase team’s selection of judges. The participant will send screenshots of posts, stories, etc. via another google form, with the same details from their initial submission, that will demonstrate their social media exposure efforts. The use of hashtags #Apecoin, #apeXshowcase, #ape will be important to include.

A possible point system totaling a max of 25 points can be broken down as such:

1. 1-5 points from social media exposure

2. 1-10 points from the DAO’s selection of judges

3. 1-15 points from community-based voting

4. Once the competition concludes, participants will be airdropped the NFT that was created as a result of their submission

Prizes:

1st place: $500 per category $APE
2 runner ups: $100 per category $APE

Judgment:

• Community-based (Apecoin in wallet)
  • 3 ApeX showcase team appointed judges
  • Twitter Hashtag usage and engagement of your submission

Terms/Rules:

• There will be 2 categories each 2 having subcategories. Example:
    • Visual art
      • Digital
      • Painting
    • Music Production
      • House
      • Rap
  • There will be 2 rounds for each category. Both rounds will be judged by the Apecoin community (Apecoin holders),
  • Must have Apetalent user qualification:
    • [Needs discussion] 500 Apecoin, possibly a smaller barrier for qualification (slightly <500 Apecoin)
  • Submit material to ApeX Showcase collection. By submitting, participant allows their material to be shown to the world
  • No cheating or impersonating to put submission at an advantage

Impact:

• Bring more users to Apetalent .xyz as the platform expands
  • Spotlighting talented degens and cool hobbies; potentially helping progress business of Apecoin holders
  • Boost community engagement
  • Increase networking
  • Increased Apecoin activity
  • A fun time!

Metrics for success:

• Number of submissions per quarter
  • Number of unique visitors to the showcase on Oncyber .io
  • Number of views on YouTube livestream and Twitch stream
  • Social media engagement with #Apecoin, #apeXshowcase, #ape hashtags
  • Increase in Apecoin activity and price

Quarterly Responsibilities:

ApeX showcase team roadmaps quarterly event and rollout including:

• Submission form setup
  • Curation process
  • Livestreaming / host
  • Potential categories
    The Apecoin DAO votes on categories for the upcoming showcase

Long-term Possibilities:

• More interesting, niche categories - Example: Best tiktok comedy video (let’s get creative!)
  • Showcase and competition hosted in a more interactive metaverse, possibly Othersidemeta
  • Celebrity judges
  • A yearly, slightly grammy-like ApeX Showcase event that will be the most important & grand Web3 creative showcase of the year

Expenses:

• Oncyber .io or related real estate
    • ~0.5 ETH per space
  • Curation process
    • Assuming 50 participants, ~30 mins of work to get each submission approved and added to the showcase, and $20/hr of work: $500 budget
  • Showcase marketing campaign
    • Creating online designs, social media management, potentially pushing ads: $500 budget
  • Livestream Host
    • $100-$300 budget
  • Prize pool
    • $1400 ($700 pool per category x 2 categories)
  • Organic, grassroots marketing
    • $0

One-time expense: 0.5 ETH (currently ~$1000)

Remaining expenses, quarterly: ~$2500-$2700

This is just the initial proposal and is subject to improve with your help. I am more than willing to partake and bring the ApeX Showcase to life, but I will need some more hands on deck.

Hopefully you can sense my passion in this project! I’m a music producer myself who knows how tough it is to get my content in front of people. You can check out my Apetalent .xyz profile here: https://apetalent.xyz/talents/clcw68vu60000mm08h24hfwep

I am a firm believer in collaboration so LET’S DISCUSS! What ideas do you all have on this? How can it change or improve?

ETH Address: 0x0F8Df2141C94cbc492Af6B470a2b29135Da906da

4 Likes