Warm Wallet Snapshot Integration?

I did a quick search, but has there been discussion about integrating Warm Wallet into snapshot voting? If I missed this conversation, can someone share a link?

If not, is this something that would be easy to implement? Personally, I think it would make it easier for us to vote that maintain multiple wallets and be able to select a single wallet to do all of your voting.

Thanks in advance,

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

I dont think this conversation has come up before, at least as it pertains to integration of Warm Wallet. Probably would have to ask their team about the possibility, and they may be willing to develop. One trick that I’ve heard used is to delegate voting power to a single wallet, like a vanity wallet.

2 Likes

thanks @0xSword for the info. I’d prefer not to maintain another vanity wallet to accomplish voting across multiple wallets. Believe in the principle of “eating our own dog food” I believe Yuga owns warm wallet with wenew labs purchase, so I think it would make sense to add functionality to allow wallet delegation. Unless I’m missing a limitation with snapshot system, wondering if there is a reason why we wouldn’t do this?

3 Likes

I agree that it’d be a great functionality to have! It absolutely makes sense to do. Writing a proposal for this could be tricky without their direct input or quotes from developers that know. I’ll ask around as you gather more feedback on this, and maybe can get the attn of someone there. Great idea!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t delegate.cash work in this regard ? I’ll check the documents But I’m pretty sure it should.

lmn if you want to know more about it

2 Likes

Hi @wapow,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@wapow has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-Chris

I maybe missing something here, but could you not delegate all your other wallets to your main voting wallet and accomplish the same thing without the use of any external tools?

I believe delgate.cash is becoming the go to standard for delegation, but that might not even be necessary for this use case.

1 Like

thanks @leyota. yes, you can absolutely delegate via delegate cash. I suggested Warm because of the Yuga connection and thought it made sense to deploy the tools that have been used in other yuga projects.

1 Like

Is there a short guide for delegating using delegate cash for apecoin voting specifically. You have to delegate your whole wallet? I mean you can delegate your ERC20 APECOIN tokens ONLY but this then won’t account for staking apecoin right?

The main reason I have voted on so few snapshots is this.

1 Like

It’s looking like you can do only all your ApeCoin or none of it. See this link.

Hi @wapow,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @wapow,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @wapow please see your messages for the next steps.

-Chris

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Chris