What's your best idea? We need more people to join and be active in our community!

@DGT

As someone who spent decades building and participating in game communities, I saw this problem in the first few weeks of joining here. And that was after popping in and out the past few months prior to joining.

I thought we should participate in making a game. And my AIP idea was to onboard the community in something new that I was building for Web3. Like other AIP game ideas before it, the response was rather disappointing; so I dropped it.

I actually like this scrappy Web3 community because it’s one of the better ones out there; but I fear that without radical course correction and bold moves, it’s not going to survive. I mean, it’s not growing - at all beyond this bubble of about 127K hodlers, of which less than 8K have ever joined this forum or Discord.

I am going to find other ways to help it either from inside (via the Metaverse Working Group - if that ever gets sorted out before I die of old age) or outside (via my two upcoming Web3 games due out in 2024 & 2025 - all things being equal). I think the amount of time that I have spent here in the short time since I signed up, speaks for itself.

That said, coming from Web2, I still feel like an outsider here, sometimes. And that’s not a good thing because without Web2 gamers there’s no Web3 - at all.

8 Likes